Old 12-04-2012, 12:21 AM
10 Second Club

Received 72 Likes on 37 Posts

KY Jelly comes to mind.
Old 12-04-2012, 12:44 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by nxfirebird
get legal advise and get with other members that are in the same boat, an S-corp or LLC isn't bullet proof.
None of those corporate veils protect you from fraud. You are personally liable. The problem is the person in question most likely doesn't have any assets.

Originally Posted by Toxic-Evo
By you posting this. It basically means Josh doesn't plan to pay money back or help people get money back.
What would he be paying it back with? If he had the the money he wouldn't have closed his doors. That's the thing with these sorts of situations, I think in nearly all cases you have people that get in over their heads and run out of money.

You start using the money from Project C to buy parts for Project B and some of the money from Projects B, C, and D to pay for your overhead (shop lease, utilities, tool rental, insurance, etc) ..

Any bump in the road (burglary, employee problems, personal health problems, divorce, etc) cause everything to crash.

I don't personally know Josh, but if he's like most small business owners he busted his *** and wagered everything he could afford to lose, and for whatever reason, it didn't pan out the way he had hoped. I can't imagine how many sleepless nights and the stress he's had to endure with the shop. Most shops, especially of this type, are out of business within two years. It sucks, but that's reality.
Old 12-04-2012, 01:01 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This is really messed up for the people out of their money. I'm honestly sorry and hope you guys get your money back or something.

Its my first time building a car and now I'm scared to purchase online. I'm sick of people getting screwed over.
Old 12-04-2012, 01:16 AM
TECH Fanatic

22 grand ripped off is worth packing up and going for a road trip and planning on spending a night or 2 in jail for some people. If I was him I'd be hiding like Casey Anthony
Old 12-04-2012, 01:42 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I honestly feel so bad for all of you that are out money right now..

had my money situation been a little better this past year I know I would have ordered parts from him, and would be in the same situation as all of you.
Old 12-04-2012, 02:16 AM
TECH Regular

Where's Brian now? I wouldn't recommended Anyone trying to defend this POS any further. I'm a small business owner and there's no excuse for doing business this way. He's just plain a ******* CROOK! He should have shut the doors before it got this bad and sold his stuff to make it right with the customers affected by the break in, if there actually was one. There might be a 45 day limit on getting paypal money back but there's NO time limit on getting charged with fraud. Contact the FBI its mail and wire fraud.
Old 12-04-2012, 03:14 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by got-a-ls1
how long does it take to build a kit? sounds familiar... mine originally was "oh thats a easy kit, itll be 4 MAYBE 6 weeks". 16-18 weeks later i had some pieces and a bunch of lies. listening to 10 weeks of itll only be another week got kinda funny (lol once a week i called for updates, because he kept telling me it would be done in a week lol). needless to say i got everything and never had any worries about being ripped off but i had zero trust in what was coming out of his mouth at that point. i didnt post anything on tech about my shitty experience because of all the nut swingers.... it woulda been pointless. i guess im only posting this to get it off my chest once and for all and to realize i wasnt alone...

anyways its a shitty situation to say the least and i never would want to see this happen to him... but i hope everyone involved gets their money/parts back and josh recovers but i guess thats a bit optimistic. it is very shitty to continue to takes peoples money when you know youre going down. seems thats how all turbo companies associated ls1's end. a bunch of people outta money at the end of the line.
Lol, same here. While I was waiting 6 months for my truck manifold hotside, he built a completely one-off header kit for the Ohio Boys in no time. I wasn't happy at the time. I actually did say something about it in a Modular Turbo thread but my posts were deleted & I was warned by a mod not to start business arguments in sponsors threads.

Anyway...
Old 12-04-2012, 05:10 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by mike13
Didn't he post some pics of a tube bender and some tubes he bought?
Yes he did!!! That's why I said what I did. There's more to the story than someone else owns it. That's the only thing we can do Is hurt his business so he can see how it feels!! He will get visited soon by someone!!!!

Last edited by CHRIS'S 98 SS; 12-04-2012 at 06:56 AM.
Old 12-04-2012, 05:44 AM
12 Second Club

How do we not no the money these guyss paid went to the new bussiness sorry dude i dont no belive u. I woulld be on a road trip forsure on 22k. I cant belive one of the top turbo builders, for our cars did this..
Old 12-04-2012, 06:01 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I was [] close to ordering a kit from him and going a stock 6.0 route and went with a 370/nitrous build instead, thankfully.
Old 12-04-2012, 06:19 AM
TECH Addict

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by AutomagicLS1
22 grand ripped off is worth packing up and going for a road trip and planning on spending a night or 2 in jail for some people. If I was him I'd be hiding like Casey Anthony
If its $22k plus what others have paid just reading through this post ive added well over 30k up......how can he be broke?
Old 12-04-2012, 06:47 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by mdhmi
None of those corporate veils protect you from fraud. You are personally liable. The problem is the person in question most likely doesn't have any assets.

What would he be paying it back with? If he had the the money he wouldn't have closed his doors. That's the thing with these sorts of situations, I think in nearly all cases you have people that get in over their heads and run out of money.

You start using the money from Project C to buy parts for Project B and some of the money from Projects B, C, and D to pay for your overhead (shop lease, utilities, tool rental, insurance, etc) ..

Any bump in the road (burglary, employee problems, personal health problems, divorce, etc) cause everything to crash.

I don't personally know Josh, but if he's like most small business owners he busted his *** and wagered everything he could afford to lose, and for whatever reason, it didn't pan out the way he had hoped. I can't imagine how many sleepless nights and the stress he's had to endure with the shop. Most shops, especially of this type, are out of business within two years. It sucks, but that's reality.
He owns a house!! He owns things, and if I remember correctly Craig payed him in full before the break in. If anyone has been to his shop after the break in you would see empty beer cans all over the place. Now is that how you run a business? No like I said before there are things people don't know about and will keep quiet until legal action takes place.
Old 12-04-2012, 06:54 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 00Wildcat
Where's Brian now? I wouldn't recommended Anyone trying to defend this POS any further. I'm a small business owner and there's no excuse for doing business this way. He's just plain a ******* CROOK! He should have shut the doors before it got this bad and sold his stuff to make it right with the customers affected by the break in, if there actually was one. There might be a 45 day limit on getting paypal money back but there's NO time limit on getting charged with fraud. Contact the FBI its mail and wire fraud.
Brian is taking professional photos of customers cars as stated on the new business Facebook page!!! There are numerous people involved with the new shop name but still the same person doing the work.

Also if anyone needs a pa racing turbo k member I have one brand new I need to sell that's been sitting in my garage since may that I ordered and now I don't have a car or turbo kit. I was hoping to have extra Xmas money but now I don't. Thanks josh my family and kids appreciate it!!!

Last edited by CHRIS'S 98 SS; 12-04-2012 at 07:05 AM.
Old 12-04-2012, 07:10 AM
TECH Regular

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Does anyone think the break in happened for a reason?....Pay bills off? Start a new life? Seems funny to me that you would go and buy all new tools and equipment before trying to find out what happened about the break in or try to get ppls money back! Any other time it seems like when a break in happens like this and parts ar stolen you find them getting sold locally.....NOBODY found anything.....another weird thing
Old 12-04-2012, 07:13 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by CHRIS'S 98 SS
Also if anyone needs a pa racing turbo k member I have one brand new I need to sell that's been sitting in my garage since may that I ordered and now I don't have a car or turbo kit. I was hoping to have extra Xmas money but now I don't. Thanks josh my family and kids appreciate it!!!
I chuckled a bit... Not a chuckle as in I thought it was funny, a chuckle at how absolutely ludicrous the entire thing is. Just unreal.

PM me a price and location..
Old 12-04-2012, 07:20 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by turbocamaro125
Does anyone think the break in happened for a reason?....Pay bills off? Start a new life? Seems funny to me that you would go and buy all new tools and equipment before trying to find out what happened about the break in or try to get ppls money back! Any other time it seems like when a break in happens like this and parts ar stolen you find them getting sold locally.....NOBODY found anything.....another weird thing
He also bought two new lifts for his shop!!
Old 12-04-2012, 07:20 AM
11 Second Club

I just don't understand why people haven't taken him to court sooner. Break in or not if somebody has my hard earned money and doesn't give me a product or return it there would def be legal action taken asap. Not 8 months later
Old 12-04-2012, 07:23 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by lemons12
I chuckled a bit... Not a chuckle as in I thought it was funny, a chuckle at how absolutely ludicrous the entire thing is. Just unreal.

PM me a price and location..
Pm sent
Old 12-04-2012, 07:25 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by babbage1109
I just don't understand why people haven't taken him to court sooner. Break in or not if somebody has my hard earned money and doesn't give me a product or return it there would def be legal action taken asap. Not 8 months later
Excuses and the fear of this happening is why people didn't. We were advised to wait it out.
Old 12-04-2012, 07:29 AM
11 Second Club

That's something I couldn't do. Lol. Not when it comes to that kind of cash.

Quick Reply: Attention all KY-Turbo Customers, Supporters, and Friends: