Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

help me choose my new aps with lgs.... or.... a huron speed single kit?

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2013, 09:37 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default help me choose my new aps with lgs.... or.... a huron speed single kit?

Like said I have a new aps kit with upgraded bovs and wastegates as well as brand new lg turbos theres alot of stuff to be fixed with a aps kit and im aware of that and I also feel it will be harder to hit my 1k goal with it without the pte upgrades. I was looking at the huron speed kit and if I sell my aps kit then I can buy it with a bad *** turbo and still pocket cash. Just dont know which way to go really just need some sense talked into me so have at it.
Old 02-10-2013, 10:08 PM
On The Tree

Whats your Set up? ci? heads? and so on
Old 02-11-2013, 12:26 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I don't know man. These APS kits are so rare. I would keep it for that reason alone. Plus I think it's a beautifully designed kit. At least the GTO kit is.
Old 02-11-2013, 12:41 AM
TECH Resident

Single will be cheaper and defiantly offer more turbo options. I have the Huron Speed Single its nice
Old 02-11-2013, 07:03 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by WS6tx
Whats your Set up? ci? heads? and so on
408, tfs 245s, 80e, 9in
Old 02-11-2013, 07:27 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 59 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by TermnEatr
408, tfs 245s, 80e, 9in
With a 408, I would like to see you into our T6 kit! Shoot me a PM and we can discuss!

Jon

Featuring 6 different turbo kits for your F-body!
Check us out on Facebook at: www.facebook.com/HuronSpeed
Old 02-11-2013, 07:30 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I have the Huron speed kit myself, it's def a nice kit and has ablitly to make big Hp. I like it alot! Now I've never had nor saw the APS kit right in front of my face, but I've hears they have there share of problems. It sound like you have most of them fixed. If it were me I'd problay keep the aps kit bc you already have it.
Old 02-11-2013, 08:07 AM
Captain Double Post

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Huron speed has really nice stuff but if it was my call im using what i already got,but the huronspeed kit is a killer deal
Old 02-11-2013, 08:15 AM
11 Second Club

Only reason I was looking into the huron was cause I could pocket some cash and more turbo selection
Old 02-11-2013, 08:41 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Are u worried about spool time? Bc you don't get much faster then a set properly sized twins. A single can spool quick too if again sized correctly. Do u need a oil return pump with the aps kit? You dont with HS kit. Just a few things to think about.
Old 02-11-2013, 08:59 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Thanks guys, appreciate the nice words!

Old 02-11-2013, 09:17 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by 02LS1ram
Are u worried about spool time? Bc you don't get much faster then a set properly sized twins. A single can spool quick too if again sized correctly. Do u need a oil return pump with the aps kit? You dont with HS kit. Just a few things to think about.
Spool time is no concern I will size my combo right I know the twins will be faster and the aps dont need a return pump although u can use one. Only reason I would switch is to save money as well as certain problems I dnt wanna deal with like overheating issues and couplers sucking shut but 95 percent of the reason is for the lack of turbo choices with the aps kit. Thats why I was basically just wondering what others would do.
Old 02-11-2013, 09:30 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by TermnEatr
Spool time is no concern I will size my combo right I know the twins will be faster and the aps dont need a return pump although u can use one. Only reason I would switch is to save money as well as certain problems I dnt wanna deal with like overheating issues and couplers sucking shut but 95 percent of the reason is for the lack of turbo choices with the aps kit. Thats why I was basically just wondering what others would do.

Ok I got ya. Well I had a procharger kit on my car with all the upgrades. I sold that an brought the HS kit and a brand new PT7675 and still put money in my pocket. Still need to good a few other small things but besides the point is you can't get much more quality at there price. I jumped on there kit then they had them on sale and I was the best $$$$ choice I could have made

Last edited by 02LS1ram; 02-11-2013 at 09:42 AM.
Old 02-11-2013, 09:31 AM
TECH Resident

Id talk to Huron about there T6 kit. Cheaper, more choices, and a great customer service for help when you need it. And with a proper set up spool shouldn't be an issue. Can't wait to get my kit from Huron. Just a budget 5.3 build for me though.
Old 02-11-2013, 12:26 PM
TECH Apprentice

I had a APS kit but sold it before I got it on my car and went with procharger because I didn't like the turbo selection with APS, twin scavenging pumps I was told to run, special BMR k member, MSD starter ect ect then deal with intake tubes sucking shut.

I decided I needed either single or procharger but I wanted my ac and found a deal on a d1 so went that way...

I'd really like an APS kit, but I don't want to put up with all the headaches of getting it setup.
Old 02-11-2013, 01:01 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by conor.davis
I had a APS kit but sold it before I got it on my car and went with procharger because I didn't like the turbo selection with APS, twin scavenging pumps I was told to run, special BMR k member, MSD starter ect ect then deal with intake tubes sucking shut.

I decided I needed either single or procharger but I wanted my ac and found a deal on a d1 so went that way...

I'd really like an APS kit, but I don't want to put up with all the headaches of getting it setup.
U dont need twin scavenge pumps and I have the bmr k member brand new in case ur looking to buy a kit I may have one for sale lol
Old 02-11-2013, 01:04 PM
TECH Apprentice

For 1000 Hp and what you are trying to do with the car go with the T6 Huron Speed kit ad never look back. Save some $ or put it elsewhere.

Its like, why just add more things to go wrong. The H.S kit is so simple and straight forward its not like other kits where you have to cut core supports and hack the car up. For what you are doing I would definatley run the single turbo kit and pocket $. The APS kit will still yield some cash and I can only see it causing you headache down the road.

IMO I would make the swtich to H.S just for the main reason of it being non intrusive. If you dont like it you didnt hack your car apart to make it work. Even though I doubt that will be an issue lol.

I run the T4 kit and make great power with it with absolutley ZERO issues related to the turbo kit. Just my .02. If your goal was a 600whp street car with A/C the APS would be a really trick piece. Still more $ than the Huron Speed kit though.
Old 02-11-2013, 03:13 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by 02LS1ram
Ok I got ya. Well I had a procharger kit on my car with all the upgrades. I sold that an brought the HS kit and a brand new PT7675 and still put money in my pocket. Still need to good a few other small things but besides the point is you can't get much more quality at there price. I jumped on there kit then they had them on sale and I was the best $$$$ choice I could have made
Originally Posted by oChristiano
Id talk to Huron about there T6 kit. Cheaper, more choices, and a great customer service for help when you need it. And with a proper set up spool shouldn't be an issue. Can't wait to get my kit from Huron. Just a budget 5.3 build for me though.
Originally Posted by 1sick-Z
For 1000 Hp and what you are trying to do with the car go with the T6 Huron Speed kit ad never look back. Save some $ or put it elsewhere.

Its like, why just add more things to go wrong. The H.S kit is so simple and straight forward its not like other kits where you have to cut core supports and hack the car up. For what you are doing I would definatley run the single turbo kit and pocket $. The APS kit will still yield some cash and I can only see it causing you headache down the road.

IMO I would make the swtich to H.S just for the main reason of it being non intrusive. If you dont like it you didnt hack your car apart to make it work. Even though I doubt that will be an issue lol.

I run the T4 kit and make great power with it with absolutley ZERO issues related to the turbo kit. Just my .02. If your goal was a 600whp street car with A/C the APS would be a really trick piece. Still more $ than the Huron Speed kit though.

thanks fellas! the kind words are definitely appreciated. customer service will never go away around here!

that said, the T6 kit is gonna be awesome! i wish you guys could see it! hahahaaaaa

-Casey

YOUR SOURCE FOR ALL THINGS TURBO!
CASEY@HURONSPEED.COM
TWITTER @HURONSPEED
Old 02-11-2013, 03:28 PM
TECH Resident

I'd definatly do the Huron Speed kit. Something like a GT50-88 or the C.R.T. HPR8811.
Old 02-11-2013, 04:39 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

We will have pictures up of our T6 kit here in the next few weeks! Can be complete and customized to whatever your liking! We have 4 in the works at the moment!

Quick Reply: help me choose my new aps with lgs.... or.... a huron speed single kit?