Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Need a little help picking a turbo for my build ebay gt 45, s400??

Old 06-13-2013, 10:28 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need a little help picking a turbo for my build ebay gt 45, s400??

Hi guys I decided to go a different route and just put a big single on my fairmont build, I've decided to do this mostly cause I want to simplify this build and get it out terrorizing the streets. With that said I want to read other members opinions are on what turbo I should run for a700-800 hp goal that will possibly get me in to the low 10s high 9s like old golds four door fairmont, skinnies ltd, fooses04's truck ect... I was thinking about the ebay GT 45cause its inexpensive, and gets the job done. But I'm also looking at s400 turbos cause they are a very well built turbo, and offer a variety of turbine housing sizes just unsure of the size that would best suit what I'm looking to do. I'm going to regularly drive this car on the street, and drive it to the track even if the track is 200 miles away. I don't want a turbo that's too small,, and at the same time don't want a ton of lag, a little is okay cause I will have anti lag, and could use a little spray to get it going.

Engine is a gen 4 4.8l it currently has a Z06 cam with the yellow springs, and comp pushrods, for now but is going to get dual springs and a custom cam. The turbo kit is going to be a home made flipped truck manifold setup I'm going to do some clean up port work on the stock 862 heads , and install ls9 head gaskets, and kmj head studs. It's going to be ran through a 4l80e with a circle d billet converter. Let me know what you guys think.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Need a little help picking a turbo for my build ebay gt 45, s400??