Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Noob to turbo. Race Cover? Very minute play in my turbo. (Picture)

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2013, 02:14 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Noob to turbo. Race Cover? Very minute play in my turbo. (Picture)

So, I recently bought the car in my sig and I have 0 experience with a turbo car and am trying to learn. The turbo is a Bullseye S372. Obviously since I am clueless I am googling and reading all that I can. A lot is popping up whether it has a race cover or not. I don't know. I've tried searching for pictures to compare and I can't find anything.

Also, I grabbed ahold of the shaft and it has very very minute wiggle side to side or up and down. It does not have movement in/out. Is this normal or is it getting worn?

Here is a picture.
https://i.imgur.com/GKfl0bH.jpg

Also, any information I find on the S372 is all on honda/import sites with much smaller motors. Is this not a proper turbo for a 6.0l? Any tips/advice would be much appreciated. Thanks for having patience with a noob.
Old 07-05-2013, 02:48 PM
TECH Resident

Its definitely not a great size for a 364" motor, but if it ain't broke. Measure the discharge side on the compressor cover if its a race cover it should be 3" and a slip fit I believe. Also in your signature you have the "LS7" cam listed, in anything but an LS7 the specs are the same as the LS6, the differences in rocker ratio differ them, just an FYI.
Old 07-05-2013, 02:56 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by TheLS1Lover
Its definitely not a great size for a 364" motor, but if it ain't broke. Measure the discharge side on the compressor cover if its a race cover it should be 3" and a slip fit I believe. Also in your signature you have the "LS7" cam listed, in anything but an LS7 the specs are the same as the LS6, the differences in rocker ratio differ them, just an FYI.
Thanks. When I get a chance I'll go measure.

http://www.sandrperformance.com/Proj...LETED_b_2.html

That is the car I now own.

Quick Reply: Noob to turbo. Race Cover? Very minute play in my turbo. (Picture)