Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

ZL1 Front accessory drive for LSA 1900 on F-body

Old 10-10-2013, 02:39 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default ZL1 Front accessory drive for LSA 1900 on F-body

99 Ta without pwr steering and cowl is totally removed / shorter Percy speedglass / 4" cowl hood....it'll fit.

I have a LQ9 forged shortblock and want to throw on a LSA supercharger. I already have one and am only looking to make 550 to 600hp for now so please spare me the "Why an LSA" questions.

I know I need the 3 belt LSA pulley and either a CTS-V or ZL1 accessory drive.... That's the question. I see a bunch sell the CTS-V set-up for between $900 to $1000 but does anyone sell the ZL1 set-up? Is the only difference pwr steering pump (which I dont need)??
Old 11-06-2013, 10:12 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I know. Old thread. For the record, I am in the middle of this on an lq4. I just got the zl1 parts individually from an online gm parts dealer. It worked fine. How is your swap coming?
Old 11-13-2013, 09:09 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Motor is at the shop getting cleaned up and then I am going to start the belt layout.

I have the 3 belt stock gm pulley and a list of the supercharger idler and tensioner parts. I still need to figure out what can be reused from the accessory drive, if anything. Car doesn't have ac or pwr steering and I might go to an electric water pump. So, basically I need to power the alternator.

I will probably start putting a lot of time into this in January. I am going to change the supercharger pulley to a 2.4 and port the snout in the meantime. I'd like to see what this little blower can do.

Also trying to decide on stall and rear gear. I have a nice FTI stall that is set for 3800 and a Moser 12bolt with 4.10s. I'm probably going to built with that and see what happens with a 28" tire.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: ZL1 Front accessory drive for LSA 1900 on F-body