Go Back  LS1TECH - Camaro and Firebird Forum Discussion > LS1-LS2-LS3-LS6-LS7 PERFORMANCE > Forced Induction
Reload this Page >

SOM LAG project: 390ci, OGG TT, PT6766's, PG, E85, Holley EFI, 1240HP/1167TQ

Notices
Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

SOM LAG project: 390ci, OGG TT, PT6766's, PG, E85, Holley EFI, 1240HP/1167TQ

Old 10-23-2018, 02:08 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by transam69230 View Post
I think he needs to bring the car out one last time. Pretty sure we are going back to Cordova or Great Lakes on the 3rd to run another local car that couldn't make it to the MWC private rental.

I should have took him up on the bet for the weekend, who would be the first car to the 7s between him and I.
I am going to Arizona to golf and kick back October 30 - November 4th. Otherwise, I would be heading back out.

Springtime can't come soon enough. Hopefully, the weather in 2019 is better than it was this year. That and more of us have our cars out. Was good to see a couple more towards the end of the year.

I will have to shoot for you in the other lane next year!
Old 10-23-2018, 07:51 PM
8 Second Club

Always nice to end the season with a personal best! So close to those magic numbers but I am sure you will get there next year. Anymore upgrades planned over the winter or just fix the paint damage and run it?
Old 10-24-2018, 07:46 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Ratical View Post
Always nice to end the season with a personal best! So close to those magic numbers but I am sure you will get there next year. Anymore upgrades planned over the winter or just fix the paint damage and run it?
I am planning to go from an 8.50 cage to a 25.3 cage. Scheduled to drop the car off on 11/15 for that. There will be a couple of changes that come based on that.

Also planning to change the fuel system. Maybe the rear gear.

Will be plenty of things based on the cage. Will try to get a post of some of the parts soon!
Old 10-28-2018, 04:52 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I just heard from John Tell with JT Raceshop and we are all set for 11/15 for the 25.3 cage. I have started to amass parts for the 2019 season. Many of these are going to start with the new cage. Top priority for the cage is to keep it as tight to everything to obtain as much room / clearances as possible.

The first issue with the F-body's is the clearance needed for the door handles on the factory door panels. I bought a set of carbon fiber door panels from Dustin with DMH Fabrication. Will be pulling off the factory panels and installing these. I also have the factory speakers in the door that I had not pulled out this year. These were much easier to find back in the day. I got them right from Dustin. Feel free to let me know if you need a contact.

I am planning to modify the wiring throughout the car. The additional bars will probably interfere with my current wiring. It also really could be cleaned up as it was such a pain to get to it on the firewall. My plan is to construct boards similar to what Brian Black makes with Racewire Solutions. This way the boards can easily be removed and added to at anytime.

I also wanted it to be easy to get to. Planning to remove the factory dash and install a Glasstek fiberglass dash. I picked this up from Eric at MWC during Vicary Day. Will have this installed with some sort of quick disconnects to allow everything behind the dash to easily be accessed.

Next step it to remove the factory column. I picked up a Motion Raceworks column and changing to a Strange quick disconnect. My current Grant disconnect has a little bit of play and I wasn't a huge fan. Wasn't the simplest to remove and install the steering wheel as well.

Wiring changes will be needed due to the removal of the column. I have ordered a roll cage mounted switch panel from Racewire Solutions. This has not arrived but will post photos when it shows up. I also bought the Motion Raceworks billet turn signal switch. I considered using switches in the switch panel but thought this would be a little simpler for street car stuff.

Under the hood, I am planning to install remote sensor bulkheads on the firewall. This will allow ease of access and be able to remove from the engine and the vibrations. Ordered a couple bulkheads from Motion Raceworks.

Old 10-28-2018, 05:06 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I have decided to update the fuel system after all the issues I fought last year. I was able to obtain a used Nasty Performance F-body sumped race tank. I wanted something sumped to allow to run less fuel during passes without having to worry about sloshing. The tank I found was an older model where the outlets are at the back. Will need to massage the T-top holder to make room for the lines / pumps. This tank will allow me to use the factory fill and not to have a bulkhead in the back of the car with a different tank.

I jumped on board with this new technology and got an Aeromotive 5.0 Brushless Gear Pump. Had been following this online for a few months and liked what I had to read about it. I haven't decided if I am going to run a smaller pump as a primary for the street or just run this one all the time. It is a lot of flow, but there has been a lot of positive feedback online. If I decide to run a second pump, I will have this one on a manual switch. A buddy runs this one and has noticed a distinctive lag when triggering through Holley. Also got the respective filters with the pump. Will have to see where to mount these bohemians.

Just warming up for updates!
Old 10-31-2018, 07:37 PM
8 Second Club

Those are some major mods for this winter, can't wait to see the progress! I am doing a 25.5 in mine this winter too. I would do a 25.3, but my current cage is mild steel and I don't want to cut it all out and start from scratch! I should have just started over when I upgraded to the 8.50 cert cage and gone with moly, but I didn't expect to be going this fast. Lol
Old 11-08-2018, 09:35 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Ratical View Post
Those are some major mods for this winter, can't wait to see the progress! I am doing a 25.5 in mine this winter too. I would do a 25.3, but my current cage is mild steel and I don't want to cut it all out and start from scratch! I should have just started over when I upgraded to the 8.50 cert cage and gone with moly, but I didn't expect to be going this fast. Lol
I want the extra cage based on the speed it is going. I am hoping the chassis guy can keep everything as tight as possible to maximize the room with the cage.

Started making progress on getting the car ready for the new cage. Got the interior out and prepared for the new cage.

After getting most of the interior out, we pulled the factory column and installed the Motion Raceworks column. The Strange Quick Release is significantly nicer than the Grant one as well.

Starting pulling out some additional wires that will not be needed. Mostly thing associated with the doors. Removed the wiring for the power locks, power mirrors, and speakers. Separated the wires for the power windows to save for reconnection.

Also got the Nasty Performance tank installed and started planning the installation of the fuel system.

Car is scheduled to head to the Twin Cities next Thursday for the 25.3 cage from JT Raceshop.
Old 11-08-2018, 09:58 PM
Launching!

Looks great. I wish I was talented enough to do the work (or at least a good portion of it) myself. The skill level of your and some of the other projects is amazing to me.
Old 11-09-2018, 09:27 AM
Staging Lane

Mini tubing it?
Old 11-09-2018, 12:15 PM
Staging Lane

JT. Does nice work. Was looking at the brushless pump for my car as well next season. Looks like a good pump. Impressive build and car. Was that Sorensen's blue Mustang?

Rick
Old 11-09-2018, 12:16 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by rryan5429 View Post
JT. Does nice work. Was looking at the brushless pump for my car as well next season. Looks like a good pump. Impressive build and car. Was that Sorensen's blue Mustang?

Rick
Sure was. Blueisha
Old 11-09-2018, 12:21 PM
Staging Lane

Guessing he was probably the 7.9 pass? Was at Grove in June for CATC with my car. his car is pretty impressive.
Old 11-09-2018, 12:22 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Guessing he was probably the 7.9 pass? Was at Grove in June for CATC with my car. his car is pretty impressive.
The 7.9x car was a Camaro from when we were at Cordova.

Terry only was running 1/8 mile, but I believe he coasted / braked to a 8.1x pass. It is very impressive.
Old 11-09-2018, 12:27 PM
Staging Lane

Ah gotcha. Yeah that car along with a couple others are tough to handle at the CATC races in DOT class. Fun but tough when you're bringing a knife to a gun fight. Congrats on the new best though.
Old 11-09-2018, 01:47 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Ah gotcha. Yeah that car along with a couple others are tough to handle at the CATC races in DOT class. Fun but tough when you're bringing a knife to a gun fight. Congrats on the new best though.
I was hoping to run that class but got screwed because of the glass requirements. I considered changing back to factory front and rear glass to be able to run it. Lots of competition there.
Old 11-09-2018, 03:48 PM
Staging Lane

Yeah. I only made it up for the June race. Hoping to make at least a couple next year. Plus I've run the radial race in Fargo the last 3 years. It's a fun class for sure. Don't have enough yet to be super competitive. But went a few rounds and lost a good race to Cameron in the black RX7. Making a few changes over the winter and hopefully get into the 30's to at least feel slightly more competitive.
Old 11-13-2018, 09:26 AM
On The Tree

You need to pull the tank and move the return line to the bottom. We had serious aeration problems with that much fuel flow. It was trying to blow the fuel cap off.
Old 11-13-2018, 09:34 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by FOSTER21 View Post
You need to pull the tank and move the return line to the bottom. We had serious aeration problems with that much fuel flow. It was trying to blow the fuel cap off.
Could you share more of your experience with this ?
Old 11-14-2018, 06:48 AM
8 Second Club

Originally Posted by Only ERO's View Post
I was hoping to run that class but got screwed because of the glass requirements. I considered changing back to factory front and rear glass to be able to run it. Lots of competition there.
Now would be a good time to do it unless you already ordered new from the barbed wire scratches.
Old 11-14-2018, 01:52 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by gjohnsonws6 View Post

Could you share more of your experience with this ?
Lots of aeration problems completely foaming the tank.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: SOM LAG project: 390ci, OGG TT, PT6766's, PG, E85, Holley EFI, 1240HP/1167TQ

About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: