Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

SOM LAG Project: 394ci, 25.3, Twin PT7675 Gen 2's, PG, E85, 7-second Street Car

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2019, 05:02 PM
TECH Resident

Received 69 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by rryan5429
Congrats saw that other one at Grove it gets down. You guys coming up to Fargo for the shootout race there on the 21st. Same classes and rules essentially as CATC. Hopefully be a decent turnout I know at least about half the street class from last race had planned on going.
I doubt that I will be heading up there. I know Ryan with the Black Trans Am was talking about it and Terry with the Blue Mustang is planning on it.
Old 09-13-2019, 04:46 PM
On The Tree

Received 29 Likes on 16 Posts

Knew Terry was planning on going along with Joe Divito. You all need to slow down on making your cars faster so I can try to catch up a little with mine so I have a chance to be competitive. Lol
Old 09-14-2019, 12:23 PM
TECH Resident

Knew Terry was planning on going along with Joe Divito. You all need to slow down on making your cars faster so I can try to catch up a little with mine so I have a chance to be competitive. Lol
Sounds like I better get those new heads on as well as order another pump and turn up the boost!!
Old 09-15-2019, 09:36 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Only ERO's
Sounds like I better get those new heads on as well as order another pump and turn up the boost!!
I don’t remember what heads are on it now
Old 09-16-2019, 01:13 PM
TECH Resident

I don’t remember what heads are on it now
The Frankenstein 237's.
Old 09-26-2019, 08:11 AM
TECH Resident

The big burnouts and street in Duluth sure took its toll on the Mickey Thompson Pros! Pretty sure I got everything I could out of this set.

Planning to drag the car over to Rock Falls on Saturday and see if we can get down the track cleanly. The forecast is looking nice with a high of 62 and partly cloudy. Will be nice and crisp early in the morning. Did some minor maintenance the other day to get ready: adjusted the suspension, changed brake pads, drained the catch can, and mounted up a spare set of tires.

I also had noticed a small exhaust leak at the end of the Duluth weekend. The #7 EGT had popped out of the pipe. Put new hardware on that and ready to go.
Old 09-26-2019, 03:18 PM
On The Tree

Good luck. Missed a good one at Top End. They had a pretty decent turnout and the track was a little better then I thought it'd be. Finally had the chance to meet Ryan. That car is badass fast as well.
Old 09-27-2019, 10:32 AM
TECH Resident

Good luck. Missed a good one at Top End. They had a pretty decent turnout and the track was a little better then I thought it'd be. Finally had the chance to meet Ryan. That car is badass fast as well.
They definitely have that car rolling. The latest rear end and suspension mods have gotten that thing to 60' great. And from there on, it is putting the steam down!
Old 09-27-2019, 11:27 AM
On The Tree

yeah going to need to be in the teens for sure to have a chance at being player against him, Terry, and a couple of the others next year. Be fun trying I know that.
Old 09-27-2019, 11:37 AM
TECH Resident

yeah going to need to be in the teens for sure to have a chance at being player against him, Terry, and a couple of the others next year. Be fun trying I know that.
The DOT Street Car class is some serious business, that's for sure.

We have one in progress right now that I think will run quite well next year after we get a few hits on it.
Old 09-27-2019, 03:18 PM
11 Second Club

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts

Terry's car is the unit to beat.
Old 09-27-2019, 03:22 PM
On The Tree

Yeah that bitch is nasty. I just hope I get decent draws and can manage a couple rounds here or there and maybe catch a lucky break once in a while.
Old 09-29-2019, 11:45 AM
TECH Resident

Ran over to Slippery Rock (Rock Falls) yesterday for some test hits. It was a battle as usual over there. There were a ton of cars and quite a few familiar faces there. Ended up making 8 runs for the day.

1st Pass: Knocked the tires off on the hit and pedaled.
2nd Pass: Had a 1.32 60' and then ended up hitting the rev limiter. I had adjusted it to 8000 for Duluth but never switched my shift / warning lights. Adjusted those after the pass.
3rd Pass: Knocked the tires off on the hit. Ended up making a large rear shock adjusted after this pass.
4th Pass: Car hooked and did a 1.36. Car started chattering the tires and sliding around 2 seconds in the run. I pedaled it and ended up going 5.90@126 and 8.88@167.
Talked to my buddy Steven and from the video he got, it looked like it topped the shock. Ended up tightening the rebound a bit and also added some 2-step.
5th Pass: Back down to 1.32 60' and the car hit a fuel safety just before the 1/8. Went 5.32@131 and coasted to a 9.20@109.
I hopped in the car and was ready to make another pass when I looked at the Battery gauge. Noticed it was slightly under 11V. Ended up swapping the alternator and also backed the top end boost down a bit.
6th Pass: Car hooked and went 1.33 to the 60', 5.32@136 to the 1/8 and 8.18@171. Ended up being the fastest pass I had made at the track and 2nd fastest pass to date.
The 8.18 showed some promise and was starting to think that 7-second pass was coming. I upped the 2-step another 100 RPM, and ramped the boost in a little bit faster starting around 2-seconds. And then also turned the boost back up on top.
7th Pass: The car before me had a ton of smoke after going through the stripe and needed a clean-up. Steven lined me up in the best groove he could find (said the line was horrible), and sure enough, let to knocking the tires off. To the tune of a 2.45 60'. That is how bad it destroyed the tires. I figured it was the down time at the track. I drove straight by the pits and back to the staging lanes.
8th Pass: Two cars before me: a car destroyed a rear end and another clean-up. Got up there and destroyed the tires again with a 2.13 60'. It just wasn't meant to be yesterday.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zjR7...ature=youtu.be

Will be heading down to Cordova in two weeks for Vicary Day. Looking forward to getting the car on that flypaper surface and see if we can end the year with 7's.
Old 10-04-2019, 03:37 PM
TECH Resident

The UPS guy visited me today and dropped off some new data acquisition parts. Ordered shock travel sensors from Lowdoller Motorsports for all (4) corners of the car.

I had been wanting these for a while but held out as long as I could. I ordered the mounts a couple of months ago and have been sitting in the shipping package yet.

Hoping these will help with some suspension tuning with the additional data.

During the last track outing, we also had discussed cleaning the numbers off the car. I thought it would be good to get some vinyl and have things more permanent rather than always having some handwritten numbers on the car. I contacted Salvato Designs and had them create some names and numbers.

And I figure I better address it for those that know me: I am not putting the no time stickers on yet. They came with the package and may get put on at some time.
Old 10-11-2019, 02:22 PM
TECH Resident

Got the Lowdoller Motorsports shock travel sensors installed last weekend.

Spent a night or two wiring the sensors during the week. Put the car on the hoist and raised it to make sure the data looked good. So far so good.

Using a Math Channel to offset each of the sensors based on ride height. I basically zero everything out and then will see how much the shocks most from 0 or ride height.

I also switched over from the chain style travel limiter to the tube style.

With the car on the hoist, it was very easy to change the setting, datalog through Holley and see what the actual travel was of the front end. Named those datalogs and saved for future reference. Makes keeping data that much simpler.

I swapped over to a new set of Mickey Thompson Pros for the Vicary Day tracking outing on Sunday at Cordova. It will either be an exciting trip back with the 7-second slip(s) or a really long trip back.
Old 10-14-2019, 09:20 PM
TECH Resident

Been wanting to make this post for a while now, but here goes: Put this bitch in the 7's yesterday. Whew....FINALLY!

So here we go.

Convoyed with a crew of MN cars down to Illinois on Saturday. We stopped by the Midway Shootout at Cedar Falls to spectate. Unfortunately, mother nature wasn't so nice and there were only 15 - 20 cars on the property and about 10-12 in the classes. It still was fun to see some of those guys and congrats to my buddy Terry and Blueisha for snapping off the Small Tire Class. Traveled from there to Cordova Raceway for the annual Vicary Day on Sunday. For those Midwest Chassis customers that are close and haven't been there: To say you are missing out is an understatement.

I put a pretty aggressive tune-up in the car for the first pass. I was asked if I was starting easy and said no, I'm going right after the 7's. I wasn't worried about the cold air or track temp and just sent it. Let go of the button and dead hooked with an easy 1.27 60' and pulled hard all the way down. I grabbed the chute and made my way to the ticket booth and say that 7! 7.95@176 off the trailer! Bam! I came back to the pits with a nice smile and had a bunch of friends congratulating me. My Dad joked and asked if we were done and I said yeah! I was told the hell you are from a couple of others. I was kidding. I knew there was more to gain. I noticed I still had a launch retard and thought I had that turned off.

I bumped the 2-step 200 RPM's and cut 4 degrees out of the launch. I had only planned to run through the 1/8 on the second pass but it felt too good to let out. Ended up clipping off a 5.07 and a 7.84. The launch netted me a new personal best 1.21 60'. I had a new goal and that was going to put it in the 1.teens to the 60'.

I stop up and talked to Eric about my second pass and get feedback. I discussed the launch and the retard I had in the car. Mentioned I was going to remove the entire launch retard. He suggested adding about 25lbs to the front of the car because he said it will go up. We didn't have anything in the pits and I wasn't sure I believed him. Although, when we were in the pits, we were trying to tighten the limiters but needed a jack and block. I decided to run it the way it was.

Got up there for hit 3 and let go of the button, it hooked and started powering into a wheelie. I ended up partial pedaling and setting it down nice enough but ended up aborting the run. Ran a 1.29 60' on the back tires.

I got back to the pits and tightened the limiters as far as they would go. I was hoping this would take care of the wheelie. She hooked hard on pass 4 and went right down broadway again. 1.19 60'! 5.02 and 7.76! Goal number 2 was accomplished. At this point, there was only one last thing to do. Let's see if we can get that 4-second 1/8th mile.

I added 2 lbs on top of the dome and slightly increased the boost ramp just enough. I got up there for hit 5 and ended up launching on 16.1psi and she stuck without a problem. I ended up short-shifting it, and by quite a bit. Right away I thought damnit, that sucks. I stayed in it and just rode it out. I grabbed the parachute and my phone and say the Dragy said 4.99 to the 1/8th. I didn't think there was any way it would. I figured the slip would be a 5.00. Got the ticket, and saw the 1.17 60' first followed by a 4.98 1/8th and a 7.73 1/4. WOW, what a day.

The only thing left to do was drive it to work. We got home pretty late and didn't unload last night. Unloaded the car tonight and jumped in it to take it home but the starter ring gear had come off. I was quite alright seeing it wasn't yesterday!! I haven't decided if that is it for 2019 but most likely.

Let's see what I can do to get ready for 2020.
The following users liked this post:
The BallSS (10-31-2019)
Old 10-14-2019, 09:43 PM
7 Second Club

Received 121 Likes on 74 Posts

Damn man congrats that’s a lot of progress in one day what’s the next goal?
Old 10-14-2019, 10:19 PM
9 Second Club

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Congrats on 7s and a 1.1x 60' and a 4 second 1/8th you killed it man! So refreshing when it all comes together it really makes it worth it!
Old 10-15-2019, 09:20 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Congrats on the awesome passes glad to see you in the 7s
Old 10-17-2019, 12:38 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

Dang that thing is rolling! Well done.

Quick Reply: SOM LAG Project: 394ci, 25.3, Twin PT7675 Gen 2's, PG, E85, 7-second Street Car