Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Aftermarket/NON stock a/c condenser & modded lines

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2014, 10:28 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Aftermarket/NON stock a/c condenser & modded lines

who has or uses one on a fbody? the stock one is 1" thick and nice big core. just wandering who has installed a smaller one on these cars and how well did it cool compared to the factory condenser?

lines that have been made, cut, welded, different fittings would also be great!
(not to be a dick BUT, if you just bent the stock lines or twisted them around to fit, that will not be any help)

if you have, pics would be awesome!
Attached Thumbnails Aftermarket/NON stock a/c condenser & modded lines-2014-06-08-16.06.11.jpg  
Old 06-22-2014, 05:00 PM
10 Second Club

no one on this forum has used an aftermarket or different a/c condenser on a fbody?
Old 06-22-2014, 05:12 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by SSwanner
no one on this forum has used an aftermarket or different a/c condenser on a fbody?
Most people on here take the easy road and get rid of the ac, not me.

Here is the one I used
http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Universal-AC-Condenser-12-X-21-Parallel-High-Flow-Street-Rod-Truck-/251422508032?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item3a89f30400&vxp=mtr
I took the stock lines and welded additional tubing to it and a bubble crimp fitting, added barrier hose from www.ackits.com I bought a mastercool manual crimper since I will be doing some other custom hoses for customers. I Used the manifold off the compressor, but welded my own fittings on it and put new hoses on them. I also put a spal puller 12" fan on it. This is the fan I used.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/SPAL-30103202-12-High-Performance-H-O-Fan-/380663496519?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item58a14fff47&vxp=mtr
It cools just like it did when it was stock. Its a smaller condenser, but I have it remote mounted away from the big nascar radiator I have. The condenser is mounted to the intercooler and its pushed way forward into the bumper cover. I think the key even though its a smaller condenser is the fan and the amount of cooling it provides to keep the high pressure down. My high side pressure at idle is around 200-220 and cruising is around 250lbs and stable there. I can try to get some pictures if this would help you. Thanks, Josh
Old 06-22-2014, 07:17 PM
TECH Regular

I'm planning on that same condensor. It's the biggest that will fit on my car. I plan on welding some fittings on the stock lines then using aero quip lines to finish it off.

If you thought regular AN hose was expensive the aero quip ac stuff is crazy lol. It will be worth it in the end tho. That's way down on my current to do list tho.
Old 06-22-2014, 08:22 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Cam72aro
Most people on here take the easy road and get rid of the ac, not me.

Here is the one I used
New Universal AC Condenser 12" x 21" Parallel High Flow Street Rod Truck | eBay

I took the stock lines and welded additional tubing to it and a bubble crimp fitting, added barrier hose from www.ackits.com I bought a mastercool manual crimper since I will be doing some other custom hoses for customers. I Used the manifold off the compressor, but welded my own fittings on it and put new hoses on them. I also put a spal puller 12" fan on it. This is the fan I used.
Spal 30103202 12” High Performance H O Fan | eBay

It cools just like it did when it was stock. Its a smaller condenser, but I have it remote mounted away from the big nascar radiator I have. The condenser is mounted to the intercooler and its pushed way forward into the bumper cover. I think the key even though its a smaller condenser is the fan and the amount of cooling it provides to keep the high pressure down. My high side pressure at idle is around 200-220 and cruising is around 250lbs and stable there. I can try to get some pictures if this would help you. Thanks, Josh
awesome man thanks! that is the info i was looking for. if you could send or post pics that would be awesome also! pm me for a txt number.

Quick Reply: Aftermarket/NON stock a/c condenser & modded lines