Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

where you guys putting the y block to feed both rails,Victor jr, NHRA legal.85 Regal

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2014, 01:25 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default where you guys putting the y block to feed both rails,Victor jr, NHRA legal.85 Regal

Ive finally started on the Regal again. Im running -10 up to a y block, then -8 to the rails. Im trying to figure where to mount the Y block to feed both rails. Its a victor jr setup. I can't mount it on a the firewall, has to be 6 inches in front of the bell housing and I don't have inner fenders. Might do it on the frame but not sure if thats legal. Rather do it once and be done. Looking for ideas and would love to see any pics. Especially from the gbodys. Thanks!
Old 07-08-2014, 03:39 PM
TECH Regular

Default y block under intake

not a g body. works for me. center pic is what I stayed with.
Attached Thumbnails where you guys putting the y block to feed both rails,Victor jr, NHRA legal.85 Regal-000_1151.jpg   where you guys putting the y block to feed both rails,Victor jr, NHRA legal.85 Regal-reassembly-004.jpg   where you guys putting the y block to feed both rails,Victor jr, NHRA legal.85 Regal-coil-packs-002.jpg  
Old 07-09-2014, 12:17 AM
8 Second Truck Club

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

To be nhra legal, I think the fuel line has to run through metal if it passes the plane of the flywheel. I negated this by running the line outside the frame rail until it got infront of the motor, then I y'd it.
Old 07-09-2014, 12:43 AM
TECH Apprentice

Im going with braided so I believe I'll be ok. Hopefully all this effort is worth it. SFI everything. Prob take it to the strip a few times and not go back. lmao Here is what im thinking. I might moved the regulator even further away. Im like right at 5 inches from the bell housing. Guess its up to the tech and how much an inch means to them. SPARK. Doe you have a pic of how you are Ying it to the rail?
Blown, thats what im wondering to. I and all my buddies have ran the fuel line inside the frame rail. On top is a better explanation since its not boxed. Do they frown on that as well? I understand safety but if my bellhousing lets ago. Enough to rupture my fuel linline by blowing out the frame of my car. That is the least of my concerns. lol

[IMG][/IMG]
Old 07-09-2014, 09:00 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

This is how mine is ran on my regal.. I ran my wye underneath the intake and bolted the regulator right to the alternator bracket. The return lines come out the front of the rails.
Attached Thumbnails where you guys putting the y block to feed both rails,Victor jr, NHRA legal.85 Regal-forumrunner_20140709_085726.jpg   where you guys putting the y block to feed both rails,Victor jr, NHRA legal.85 Regal-forumrunner_20140709_085746.png   where you guys putting the y block to feed both rails,Victor jr, NHRA legal.85 Regal-forumrunner_20140709_085813.jpg  
Old 07-09-2014, 03:38 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 70 Likes on 62 Posts

Question What are..

Originally Posted by bigmandengo
This is how mine is ran on my regal.. I ran my wye underneath the intake and bolted the regulator right to the alternator bracket. The return lines come out the front of the rails.
those 2 quik disconnects for, at the regulator??
Old 07-09-2014, 09:13 PM
TECH Apprentice

Hey another Regal! Love the fittings on the regulator. Im using the same thing from my cell. Buddy of mine has a buddy that sells fittings for air compressors. I needed the oring fittings for the dominator fuel filters, dominator pump, and the magnafuel regulator. He usually sells them by the thousands.He laughed when i said I needed like 7 total.Some -8 and some -10. He just threw them at me and said aint worth the paperwork. If you need anymore. Let me know. haha I have like 5 of those connectors from cell to filter.
Im confused Dengo. The vacuum port coming out of the intake looks like its connected to the rail, in the pic. Is your y block just sitting on the intake cover? Then loop back to the rear of the rails?
Chuck! Another regal. Did you feed both of your rails or a single inlet?
Old 07-28-2014, 08:58 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Old Geezer
those 2 quik disconnects for, at the regulator??
The quick disconnects are on the flex fuel sensor coming off the return side of the regulator.
Old 07-28-2014, 09:24 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by chub406
Hey another Regal! Love the fittings on the regulator. Im using the same thing from my cell. Buddy of mine has a buddy that sells fittings for air compressors. I needed the oring fittings for the dominator fuel filters, dominator pump, and the magnafuel regulator. He usually sells them by the thousands.He laughed when i said I needed like 7 total.Some -8 and some -10. He just threw them at me and said aint worth the paperwork. If you need anymore. Let me know. haha I have like 5 of those connectors from cell to filter.
Im confused Dengo. The vacuum port coming out of the intake looks like its connected to the rail, in the pic. Is your y block just sitting on the intake cover? Then loop back to the rear of the rails?
Chuck! Another regal. Did you feed both of your rails or a single inlet?
The y-block is held up off the valley cover by the hard lines. It's not making contact at all. The feed lines are feeding the back of the rails and coming out the front to the regulator. As far as the vacuum port goes, it's just a funny picture. its not hooked up to the fuel lines. Here's a better picture..
Attached Thumbnails where you guys putting the y block to feed both rails,Victor jr, NHRA legal.85 Regal-fuel-y-block.jpg  

Quick Reply: where you guys putting the y block to feed both rails,Victor jr, NHRA legal.85 Regal