Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

daily driver,turbo with a/c newbie

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2014, 11:11 AM
Teching In

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default daily driver,turbo with a/c newbie

ok so i have used the search bar at the top and have read hundreds of hours but have some questions.
here is what i have
71 lemans sport, i put a junkyard 4.8 and 4l60e in all stock
stock computer with vats removed and no maf
i have a/c the stock truck compresor with the factory car box on firewall
i made the motor mounts
used truck manifolds that i cut to fit
inline fuel pump that is junk/ 255 pump ordered for in tank
truck intake, all factory pulleys in stock location on motor
cts oil pan
i did this start to finish in 3 long days, drove it 2000 miles in the last month and have had no issues
here is my questions
i want to run a turbo and i have a idea that i can run flipped truck manifolds and put the turbo on the driver side front and run the exhaust under the manifold and above the crossmember
can i daily drive 10psi without water meth?
i no i need
ls9gaskets,headstuds,cam,valvesprings,turbo,interc ooler,wastegate,bov,injectors,boost controler,3 map bar senser, longer plug wires

how do i route,hook all this stuff up?
where can i send my computer for the tune i need for this setup?
i have the truck intake and truck wiring harness which style injectors?
i no everyone has heard this 1000 times but i want a reliable 500 600 horse daily driver that i dont have to fill this up or check that every time i drive it
this site has helped me a ton in the build of this car so far and any advice is greatly appreciated
Old 07-30-2014, 11:28 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

if you get the run of the rate injectors like everyone else, they are EV1 connectors. You'll need those pig tails to cut and replace on your truck harness. or purchase adapters for $20, http://www.efisource.com/shop/ev1-ev...r-adapter-kit/

for the tune, you have plenty of guys on here, doing tunes that are sponsors if you are afraid to try yourself.

as to install, routing, don't know that car, but imagine you'll have to get creative on your own and if you do a fender mount exhaust, it would be easier I'd imagine.

welcome to the board!
Old 07-31-2014, 12:09 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have my turbo on the driver side and don't see how a downpipe could be routed under manifold. I ran mine up and over close to the rear coil and was able to fit 4". its tight but fit. I made motor conversion brackets to fit the motor as low as possible.

Quick Reply: daily driver,turbo with a/c newbie