Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Procharger vs turbo (6 speed)

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2014, 04:08 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That is fine but standing mile and road course, and sugar hill runs. Are growing and Drag events are dwindling. And drag strips closing.
Old 12-17-2014, 05:13 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by luv2shop$
That is fine but standing mile and road course, and sugar hill runs. Are growing and Drag events are dwindling. And drag strips closing.
Support your argument. What dragstrips are closing and what new road courses are springing up? Where do you live?

The Maxton Mile closed in 2011. I'd have to go to Ohio to compete in timed mile events as far as I know. If you know of one closer please let me know.

I have no road courses (not paved oval or figure 8) in Maryland that I know of. I have to drive to West Virginia, Virginia, Pennsylvania, or New Jersey. No road course in Delaware. They have US 13 and DIS dragways. Maryland has MIR, Capitol, Cecil 75-80, and Mason Dixon dragways I believe. Pennsylvania (my home state) has seven or more dragways. I think they have 2 road courses. Virginia has at least 7 dragstrips that I know of. They have 2 road courses.

For us guys in the Northeastern region we have a glut of dragstrips and few road courses. The economy has affected drag racing (at a track) more than popularity of the sport or the building of new road courses. Every avenue, stop light, etc is a dragstrip. Street racing is as popular as ever. I won't deny that road course racing is popular. It simply takes so much capital, land area, and such that road courses aren't found in the same numbers as dragstrips. It's not even close when you factor in places that do drag racing at airports and the straight aways of paved ovals. I think you are simply wrong and merely using your opinion as fact. I love road courses but it's not easy to plan a 4 hour drive with no trailer as opposed to a 30 minute drive to MIR or a quick (and illegal) hit from a stoplight to drag.

As far as this thread goes they both rock. I wouldn't say one power adder is better than the other. One simply fits your budget, goals, current mods, etc better. That may change in the future and you'll be like members on here that have had multiple nitrous, blower, and turbo cars.
Old 12-17-2014, 05:47 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 474 Likes on 354 Posts

I agree with JosephIV I have a few drag strips within driving distance that I could go to every weekend, I don't think there is a road course within a few hundred miles that would allow a street car to make laps unless it's a special event. I like big and little tires, because having big tires on all four corners just doesn't work lol.
Seriously though if you have big power you need big tires to make it hook and even more so on the street. You can hook with somewhat narrow drag radial on a prepped surface but they aren't going hook nearly as well on the street as a big tire car will.
Old 12-17-2014, 06:04 PM
10 Second Club

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

All of this is wrong....
Old 12-18-2014, 10:43 PM
11 Second Club

Just got a new drag strip 5 miles from my house, no road tracks
Old 12-19-2014, 12:29 AM
Teching In

Kansas City the NHRA has been greedy and killed drag racing around here. Last test and tune a hour away only had 8 cars. We have 2 new road tracks! And maybe a third. And one drag strip 1:45 away maybe.
Old 12-28-2014, 04:59 PM
TECH Resident

Just bought the huron speed t6 kit w/s480 turbo.... lets see how i like a turbo car
Old 12-28-2014, 07:25 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by 383camaroz28
Just bought the huron speed t6 kit w/s480 turbo.... lets see how i like a turbo car
I'm sure you'll be happy.
Old 12-30-2014, 09:09 AM
TECH Resident

Know what about a 1.32 ar on a 347/4l80 setup, should i spend the money an get the 1.10ar

Quick Reply: Procharger vs turbo (6 speed)