Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Procharger P1SC Housing Rotation Instructions?

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2014, 09:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Procharger P1SC Housing Rotation Instructions?

Hello All,

I tried this post in the GTO forum and had no luck. I have a 2004 GTO LS1 with an ATI P1SC. I am trying to rotate the head unit just slightly to clear the frame rail. I do not want to re-clock the unit, I want to move it just enough to clear the frame rail so the rubber elbow does not get crushed. Is this possible? I read a post that states that all that you have to do is loosen three screws and turn either way? Has anybody tried it and does it work? I am looking for the easiest way to solve this problem. Please see my pics to get an idea of what I am talking about. Is this typical of the setup on an 04 Procharged GTO or is my motor off? Any responses would be appreciated. Thanks!

By the way, here is the post that I originally read http://www.ls1gto.com/forums/showthread.php?t=333653

Old 09-03-2014, 12:18 AM
8 Second Truck Club

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Sounds like you need to re clock the volute. Loosen the allen head screws that hold it on and you should be able to rotate it to your hearts content.
Old 09-03-2014, 12:44 AM

Thank you very much Blown06. I am a newbie here and am not very familiar with the terminology for parts of a supercharger yet. I now know the word "volute" which brings up multiple posts for the job that I am trying to do. Thanks again!
Old 09-03-2014, 06:14 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 230 Likes on 162 Posts

yes, just loosen the Allen head screws-you may cover up some screw holes, but expose others you can use-you might have to move the "straps" some also, whatever fits
the screws are usually pretty tight from the factory, so use a quality wrench, not a Harbor Freight one, lol
Old 09-03-2014, 11:06 AM

Thanks for the input forced ind., I will remember that.
Old 09-03-2014, 07:49 PM
Launching!

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Also, the elbow that Brutespeed sells stays at 2.5" longer so it doesn't rub as bad. The one that comes with the kit gets pretty squeezed and I think heat from the alternator caused mine to delaminate. The instructions above will allow you to rotate the volute. Just keep in mind where the drain plug is or you will have to rotate the assembly everytime you want to drain the oil. The remote oil drain is recommended.

Quick Reply: Procharger P1SC Housing Rotation Instructions?