Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Meth/ tune question Centrifugal Supercharger

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2014, 04:05 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Meth/ tune question Centrifugal Supercharger

I currently have a LS1 running a Centrifugal supercharger with no intercooler. It is tuned on E85 and runs good but iat temps get high sometimes. I was wondering if I can add a meth kit as "insurance" and not have to retune the car? That way if the meth ever failed I would still be ok too. I am running ~8lbs of boost. If I add the meth before the IAT sensor will the computer automatically pull less timing due to the lower intake temps? thus increasing power or would it have to be retuned for that? I am more interested in lessen the chance of detonation than adding more power.

Thanks!
Old 09-29-2014, 09:16 PM
Teching In

any thoughts?
Old 09-30-2014, 06:58 AM
On The Tree

just look at your current tune if you can and see if it will add timing as iat drops. If so then yes it will add some timing back in if you place the meth nozzle pre iat sensor. you can add a meth kit and not retune for it and it will act as a safety margin. first few times you run it check you afr and make sure its not going crazy rich but it shouldn't if your not installing a huge nozzle.
Old 09-30-2014, 08:47 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Can't say for sure on timing without seeing the tune...

But you can pretty easily add a 5gph to say a 10gph nozzle without throwing fuel too far out of wack. Most of the basic kits will come with something in that range. You will get mixed feedback but a 50/50 mix will get your cooling and have very little effect on air fuel.
Old 09-30-2014, 09:49 AM
UNDER PRESSURE MOD

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Personally, I would run a nozzle into the blower with 50/50 meoh/water and not adjust your tune. Keep the afr without the injection at whatever you have now, and the water/meoh will bring it down slightly, but not a huge amount, but will cool the air charge quite nicely.

Quick Reply: Meth/ tune question Centrifugal Supercharger