Notices
Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Turbo Review; On3 Billet BB 67mm

Old 01-05-2015, 10:00 PM
8 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by coltboostin View Post
Yes, and its downright depressing on the street. Always shifting! Even with traction I dont think I can make it tot he traps in 4th!!!
How tall are your tires?

With a decent baseball bat fender roll job and some cheapo Ebay slip on coil overs you can get a 28" or possibly a 29" tire on it. I ran 28x9 and 28x10 slicks on mine for a few years.
Old 03-09-2015, 07:21 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Forcefed86 View Post
How tall are your tires?

With a decent baseball bat fender roll job and some cheapo Ebay slip on coil overs you can get a 28" or possibly a 29" tire on it. I ran 28x9 and 28x10 slicks on mine for a few years.
26's and 275/40 dr's (about 26). I have coil overs so space is not an issue.

I will rock what I got for now as I think I will need to upgrade the rear end sooner than later anyways-in which case I would drop to a significantly lower gear ratio.
Old 06-01-2015, 06:22 PM
TECH Fanatic

As an update-the turbos are still rocking with a little under 1000 Hard miles. No shaft play, no issues-and making a ton of power.

[email protected]

[email protected]

Car went [email protected] with 8psi in 1st, 2nd and 3rd- 15 psi 4th and 5th....running though the traps at the top of 5th gear

Need a lower rear gear STAT! Turbos are going great though.
Old 06-02-2015, 04:53 PM
On The Tree

Check back in at 10,000 im wanting to see how these compare to borg warners
Old 10-19-2015, 12:03 PM
TECH Fanatic

bump.

Going on over a hear of hard use on these turbos, and they are honestly as mint as the day I got them! Zero shaft play-free spinning. They have been filtered 90% of the time and the compressor works great!

Best power output was 890whp STD (872 uncorrected) @ 23psi. This was on a bone stock LS1, so I am sure they would make more power at the same boost levels with a proper cam, IM, headowrk...ect.

A few have asked for a video of how responsive they are. I think this is the best video I have that shows it. In my opinion, lag is not an issue.

They would spool even better with a lower rear gear ratio, or automatic trans. Any questions feel free to ask!
Old 11-29-2015, 11:26 AM
TECH Fanatic

So after considering my options for next year I ahev decided to sell these and try a single set up. Why? Well I enjoy fablicatign and need sothing to do oevr winter. Also, I want to see how far I can push On3's new 88mm.

the owl has picked these up for a project of his. 2 years later and these turbs are still like new. I am sure he will get many, many more great miles out of them and hope he keeps up with this thread!
Old 12-13-2015, 07:06 PM
Launching!

Really great of you to provide updates. I hate when I see a thread relative to my current interests but no long term info. Any idea how many miles you put on those turbos?
Old 12-13-2015, 10:53 PM
TECH Fanatic

Porbably only around 5k miles total in 2 years. But I can assure you they were worked!! They will be running around Colorado on another car as I sold the kit. They were mint when I took them off! I only hope he keeps up with the thread as well!

Iw ould not hessitate to use these again or any other On3 standard or BB turbo.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Turbo Review; On3 Billet BB 67mm

About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: