Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Flipped exhaust manifold dimensions for Mustang II front end (help)...

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2014, 07:49 PM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Flipped exhaust manifold dimensions for Mustang II front end (help)...

Hey guys, long time lurker here.

First: I really appreciate all the posts and all the useful information, stickies, etc.. I have learned a LOT by using the search function to help with my build.

I am working on a 1966 SS nova (turbo LS & Heidts Mustang II front end) I would like to run the exhaust manifolds flipped down and forward if possible.

Does anyone know if the LS3 Camaro manifolds tuck tighter than the truck manifolds...and if so by approximately how much?

I have tried chopping up truck manifolds (slowly working my way up the collector...to the point of creating an oblong opening 3" by 2.5") and they are still too wide by about 1.5" (they also appear to sit pretty far away from the block and not "tuck" very well.

I am also considering ordering the Hooker Manifolds and found the dimensions of these via websites. I think they might work but I would prefer a set of factory manifolds for $.

I am including pictures as a reference in case anyone in the future runs into a similar problem on a Gen II nova or vehicle with a Mustang II front end.
Attached Thumbnails Flipped exhaust manifold dimensions for Mustang II front end (help)...-img_3167.jpg   Flipped exhaust manifold dimensions for Mustang II front end (help)...-img_3164.jpg  
Old 11-24-2014, 05:40 PM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Following up on this for anyone else's future reference:

Hooker manifolds WILL fit flipped down and forward with about 1/2"-1" of clearance between the flanges and the sub-framing areas.

Quick Reply: Flipped exhaust manifold dimensions for Mustang II front end (help)...