Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Give me some ways to clean up my engine bay (turbo build)

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2014, 11:13 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Give me some ways to clean up my engine bay (turbo build)

I'll give you the run down. 2000 SS, turbo 400, and will be running the Huron Speed T6 front mount kit with front bumper exit exhaust. "Color scheme" I guess you'd say, under the hood, is black, silver, and a little bit of polish I guess, since that's the way the kit comes.

I will remove AC, and do a block off plate.. But my question is, I need help on cleaning up the engine bay. Ideally, I'd like it to look like there's nothing in there but a motor and turbo. All the wires and stuff up on the wheel wells, I'd like gone or hidden better. What all do you guys move or relocate, and how do you do it? (Oh yea, battery will be in trunk as well)
Old 10-21-2014, 11:14 AM
TECH Apprentice

Oh, and John Bewley is the man at LJMS. He supplied custom cam, and basically every single nut bolt and part I needed at a hell of a price.
Old 10-21-2014, 11:18 AM
TECH Apprentice

Ideally, I'd like it to look kjnda clean like this.

image hosting site
Old 10-22-2014, 09:50 PM
TECH Apprentice

Nobody?
Old 10-22-2014, 10:13 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i would say its a good idea relocating battery as its needed anyways, do a wire tuck as hiding them in the wheel wells, and then possibly relocate the coil packs and get some nice valve covers, i think a nice titanium wrap on the whooole hotside, and a titanium or black turbo blanket, and powdercoat the turbo compressor black, and just use a screen, no filter, and also get a pcm cover, like the carbon fiber dipped ones floating around classifieds sometimes, but one that matches..i would personally do all black intake/cold side pipes/valve covers..then titanium wrap and titanium blanket and black compressor housing...im considering a t6 kit and id go in that direction
Old 10-22-2014, 10:32 PM
12 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Something that I think helps a lot but it is a **** ton of work, is to relocate the PCM and all the wiring that goes around the engine bay and to the fuse box to underneath the dash. I did it to mine, and It looks so much better, and I also dropped 20lbs in JUST wires when I did it. You can kinda see from my sig pic.
Old 10-23-2014, 09:07 AM
11 Second Club

Andrew, Dave here... You can relocate all the wires on passenger area under the fender apron/strut tower, relocate battery to trunk, and on drivers side, relocate hood cable under fender/tower and relocate all the fuse panels also. Do a search for wire mod relocation, fuse panel relocation, there are some good threads somewhere on hear on all that.

Also, you can delete ABS and buy a kit for that, helps clean it up also.
Old 10-24-2014, 05:39 PM
TECH Apprentice

Ahh ok yea good info from y'all guys ^^ and Thanks Dave. I just haven't don't any of that yet so it'll ne my first time relocating and moving stuff. Just want the engine bay clean. I'll post a pic i just found too..
Old 10-24-2014, 05:44 PM
TECH Apprentice

Now THIS IS fine
Attached Thumbnails Give me some ways to clean up my engine bay (turbo build)-image.jpg  
Old 10-25-2014, 06:13 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 59 Likes on 44 Posts

Relocate the battery, remove the ABS, and if you are okay with no heat then take the core completely out! I also removed the power steering on my set-up, had all of the extra holes in the engine bay filled and all re-painted with clear.

To customize it we can also powder or hydro-dip your cold side pipes, ceramic coat your hot side, etc on the kit!!

Also another good idea is to take the engine harness and remove all the access wiring not used, remove the gaudy factory loom and re-wrap what is left that will be used. Less clutter the better!

Featuring 6 different turbo kits for your F-body!
Check us out on Facebook at: www.facebook.com/HuronSpeed

Last edited by Superman09; 10-25-2014 at 06:20 AM.
Old 10-25-2014, 09:59 PM
Teching In

now thats a nice engine bay
Old 10-25-2014, 11:00 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by a.white86
Ideally, I'd like it to look kjnda clean like this.

image hosting site
Wire tuck mod, AC/heater delete, power steering delete, fresh paint. You could also delete the ABS, relocate the battery & fuse boxes, stand the radiator up vertical and smooth out all the unneeded holes and whatnot in the bay. Just depends on how **** you are.
Old 10-29-2014, 02:59 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Superman09
Relocate the battery, remove the ABS, and if you are okay with no heat then take the core completely out! I also removed the power steering on my set-up, had all of the extra holes in the engine bay filled and all re-painted with clear.

To customize it we can also powder or hydro-dip your cold side pipes, ceramic coat your hot side, etc on the kit!!

Also another good idea is to take the engine harness and remove all the access wiring not used, remove the gaudy factory loom and re-wrap what is left that will be used. Less clutter the better!

VERY nice.. I'm going to want to leave my heater in the car, because it is a street car and i'll drive it to work (4 miles) every so often. But that is exactly what I want mine to look like.
Old 05-24-2017, 11:10 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by 93camaro_zzz
Something that I think helps a lot but it is a **** ton of work, is to relocate the PCM and all the wiring that goes around the engine bay and to the fuse box to underneath the dash. I did it to mine, and It looks so much better, and I also dropped 20lbs in JUST wires when I did it. You can kinda see from my sig pic.
How/what wires did you cut out to remove 20lbs worth? lol
Old 05-24-2017, 11:36 AM
8 Second Club

Received 676 Likes on 499 Posts

Make covers to put over everything ugly. Diamond alum plate works well.
Old 05-24-2017, 12:50 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 526 Likes on 356 Posts

Or just leave the hood closed. I guess I'm not much for playing dress up with engines.

Quick Reply: Give me some ways to clean up my engine bay (turbo build)