Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

pump gas methanol to race gas 112 dragon fuel. any tuning tips? maxing out pt88

Old 10-24-2014, 11:01 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default pump gas methanol to race gas 112 dragon fuel. any tuning tips? maxing out pt88

going to the dyno day tomorrow and im putting in 112 dragon racing fuel.. i stole the methanol kit off this car for my other one lol...

anyways i havnt ever tuned with race gas so im curious if ya need to richen it up or lean it out much or if the difference is insignificant. planning on running 20+ psi trying to get close to 1000 got 880 last year letting out early at 5300 rpm and pump gas/methanol. i only have 5 gallons so dont wanna waste alot trying to dial it in would like to get a general idea beforehand
Old 10-25-2014, 12:58 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Whats the build? 5.3/PT88/ auto?
Old 10-25-2014, 11:42 PM
Staging Lane

Granted, my ride is alot different from yours, but what I do is run the tank out, then put new fuel in, and drive normally for a little bit. If the fuel trims are 10% lean, I add that much and then start to do tuning pulls. Granted this depends on a lot, such as good o2 sensors, if your car goes into closed loop, ect. That and you can go a little leaner with race gas. Another thing to look at is the specific gravity of the fuel, if it is lower than what you normally run you will need more of it. Unfortunatly, it is not easy to find for pump gas, and who knows if it is what you actually get.
Old 10-26-2014, 06:35 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Curious if race gas can be used to aid in detonation? I don't have e85 here but can get 110 in a 5 minute drive.. This will be first time tuning in a turbo car so anything that will help until I get a good grasp in timing tables etc. will be great.

Not hijacking but kinda along the same lines..

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: pump gas methanol to race gas 112 dragon fuel. any tuning tips? maxing out pt88