Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Meth injection users; when should you go with dual nozzles?

Old 11-28-2014, 02:53 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Meth injection users; when should you go with dual nozzles?

As the title reads.

Is it a matter just of the ml/minute or gph rate needed to justify the nozzle size and amount used (single vs dual nozzle)?

Based upon a figure from Snow Performances website, it would seem that a single 625 ml/minute nozzle is good to support 475-600 RWHP. Given that math, and my own goal of 1,000 RWHP it would seem I need a nozzle setup capable of throwing out 1250ml/minute.

I have a Snow Performance Stage 2 setup for a single nozzle. The largest nozzle Snow Performance makes is the 625 ml/min nozzle. They do offer a dual nozzle upgrade to run a second line, but I am wondering if that is necissary, or if I can just run a single 1260ml/min (20 gph) nozzle from AIS in my Snow Performance system.

Thoughts?
Old 11-30-2014, 08:27 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Good question.
I'm sure CS @ Snow Perf can answer this one, if no one here has a suggestion.
However, experienced meth heads will ask:
-What is the application ?
-Are you just cooling the charge or are you supplementing fuel ?
-Are you spraying pure meth or 50/50
- is it for safety or are you max tuning
Old 11-30-2014, 11:28 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by NitrOmm

Good question.
I'm sure CS @ Snow Perf can answer this one, if no one here has a suggestion.
However, experienced meth heads will ask:
-What is the application ?
-Are you just cooling the charge or are you supplementing fuel ?
-Are you spraying pure meth or 50/50
- is it for safety or are you max tuning
I plan on giving SP a call this week.

Those questions are ones that would be asked in general to using a meth injection kit. What difference would any of them have on running 1 or two nozzles if given the flow rate was equal to each other?
Old 11-30-2014, 11:39 AM
10 Second Club

Received 72 Likes on 37 Posts

I always heard in the 650-700 are is when you should have two. I went two from the get go. Dual 15's and M1 meth via a alky control kit.
Old 11-30-2014, 06:22 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Detoxx03
I always heard in the 650-700 are is when you should have two. I went two from the get go. Dual 15's and M1 meth via a alky control kit.
Okay but why? What are the requirements for going dual nozzle? This is what I am after here.

I have noticed that Snow Performance only offers nozzles big enough to support up to about 700 RWHP, and then at that point they have you go dual nozzle. Alkycontrols website is and has been down so I can't check theirs also, so I don't know if they have nozzles capable of supporting more with a single nozzle.

AIS has single nozzles that WILL support the power level I am looking for (1,000 RWHP), but I am trying to find out if there is some reason a dual nozzle setup would be required or not.

Yes, I could just do a dual nozzle setup and be done with it, but I would need a second line, nozzle, and more fab work to my piping. I would prefer the lower cost and work of just installing a larger single nozzle if it will work.
Old 11-30-2014, 08:38 PM
TECH Apprentice

Don't know about AIS but with Alky control the 2 nozzle addition is really nothing. A small "y" that adds to the end and not very expensive. I personally like 2 smaller nozzles than one big one. Its "cooler: looking....lol.. and if one gets clogged you would still have some meth flowing.
Old 11-30-2014, 09:04 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Realcanuk
Don't know about AIS but with Alky control the 2 nozzle addition is really nothing. A small "y" that adds to the end and not very expensive. I personally like 2 smaller nozzles than one big one. Its "cooler: looking....lol.. and if one gets clogged you would still have some meth flowing.
Good routine maintenance should assure they don't get clogged. And I have a sensor that lights up a light letting me know there is flow, so that's not an issue. And, I don't have an alky-control kit, I have a Snow Performance kit. Not sure if it would be comparable or not.

At any rate, it would be nice to know IF there is anything about running a dual nozzle besides just the added meth spray that could be had with a single larger nozzle.
Old 11-30-2014, 10:27 PM
8 Second Club

Received 676 Likes on 499 Posts

Location and volume are the main reasons.

14 gph is the largest nozzle available with the kit I use. If you need more volume, you add nozzles. 100% meth guys will need roughly twice the nozzle as 50/50 users.

Also many like to use small nozzles pre-turbo or along the charge piping path. Then spray the majority at the TB.

You also need to factor in pressure to get an accurate flow rate from your nozzle. Nozzles are usually rated at 100psi. If your pump puts out more pressure than this, you need to calculate the actual flow rate at your systems pressure.
The following users liked this post:
Chris Tough (11-07-2020)
Old 12-01-2014, 06:58 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Forcefed86
Location and volume are the main reasons.

14 gph is the largest nozzle available with the kit I use. If you need more volume, you add nozzles. 100% meth guys will need roughly twice the nozzle as 50/50 users.

Also many like to use small nozzles pre-turbo or along the charge piping path. Then spray the majority at the TB.

You also need to factor in pressure to get an accurate flow rate from your nozzle. Nozzles are usually rated at 100psi. If your pump puts out more pressure than this, you need to calculate the actual flow rate at your systems pressure.

Good points and some interesting info.

I'll talk with Snow Performance and see what they have to say.
Old 12-01-2014, 11:31 AM
TECH Regular

So I spoke with the tech at snow Performance. It seems a dual nozzle setup will be what I need. First, the single nozzle I was looking at was rated at that ml/min rating based upon 100 psi. The Snow Performance nozzles are rated on their pumps which are 300 psi. The big kicker is the atomization rate. For a single nozzle and that much spray, it will not atomize the same or as well as the dual nozzle (which does make sense).

So here's what I will need;

The larger pump for the 1,000 RWHP http://www.snowperformance.net/inch7...r-upgrade.html

2 625 ml/min nozzles

The dual nozzle setup http://www.snowperformance.net/dual-nozzle-upgrade.html

And an additional nozzle bung http://www.snowperformance.net/nozzl...ing-bung.htmll

I am making this list more for me so I have a reference later. But it may be use full to anyone else in this similar situation.

Thanks for the input everyone!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Meth injection users; when should you go with dual nozzles?