Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

obx cross ram individual throttle body intake

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2015, 06:00 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default obx cross ram individual throttle body intake

Has anyone seen these for the LSx engine? the obx stuff is a bargain and the quality looks to be pretty good

I'd like to see how these would do with a plenum welded on the end and a twin turbo setup

I have the hot side already with a pair of older T60 turbos and I think this would look awesome!

probably won't make that much more power but I'm intrigued by it from a wow factor
Old 01-04-2015, 07:31 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

link?
Old 01-04-2015, 01:09 PM
Restricted User

Received 104 Likes on 87 Posts

Don't use ITBs on a turbo set up. And don't weld a plenum on an ITB setup it defeats the purpose.
Old 01-04-2015, 03:38 PM
9 Second Club

Received 179 Likes on 154 Posts

Originally Posted by JoeNova
Don't use ITBs on a turbo set up. And don't weld a plenum on an ITB setup it defeats the purpose.

I suspect Supra, Skyline, BMW, Audi and other big power turbo setups would disagree that a large plenum on an ITB type setup is defeating anything.

It's exactly how they build them.

But I presume from a simplicity point of view, he'd weld a plenum onto the bases and retain a single blade per plenum.

I just cant see the time/effort/money being worth any gains though, but I had thought of doing it myself.

Even more so given how well some guys are doing with the factory plastic intakes these days which are basically zero cost.
Old 01-05-2015, 03:15 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The benefit would still stand allowing for a large cam to run relatively smooth with the ITB's. A plenum on the atmosphere side is generally not a great idea for N/A but turbo it cannot hurt. A shared plenum on the vacuum side is what would defeat the ITB major benefit(isolating individual cylinder vacuum).

From what I have heard the OBX stuff has some tolerance issues and with the heating and cooling of the engine, the blades get stuck. No personal experience though.

Quick Reply: obx cross ram individual throttle body intake