Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

VS racing 60mm wastegate with S475???

Old 03-06-2015, 02:44 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 41 Likes on 20 Posts

Default VS racing 60mm wastegate with S475???

Has Anyone had any problems out of the VS racing 60mm Wastegate? Ill be using it on my aluminum LS3 S475 setup. Turbo will be mid mounted
its a T6/ 83mm turbine wheel/ 1.10 a/r S475
Old 03-06-2015, 07:53 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

NO that is what I am using with a S475 T6
Old 03-08-2015, 08:37 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have one 60mm that looks the same as the one VS sells (but did not come from them), that leaks very badly past the "valve guide." I'm not sure what to really call it, but since it reminds me of a valve guide in a head, I guess that will work.

At any rate, when I apply some air pressure to the bottom port on the side of the diaphragm housing, to check the valve action, I hear a bunch of air escaping into the wastegate housing above the valve. It takes a lot of air flow to actuate the valve. I have not put this WG on a car yet, and I'm not sure I want to, it just doesn't seem like it would be reliable if you want to use boost pressure to open it. Now if you were going to use drive pressure to open it, or take out the spring and use pressure on top of the diaphragm, I think that would be fine.

Contrastingly, I have had other Chinese wastegates that only had a little bit of apparent leakage through the valve guide and that worked fine.

Then there is the one and only TiAl I have, it works PERFECTLY. There is no apparently leakage, and the valve actuates with a precision smoothness. It is so nice I'm tempted to just always try to save up my money and buy TiAl wastegates.... But damn they're expensive. Lol

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: VS racing 60mm wastegate with S475???