Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

What to expect forged/supercharged ls3 15psi

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2015, 12:15 AM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default What to expect forged/supercharged ls3 15psi

I am thinking about going with a forged ls3 longblock from texas speed for my gto. The goal is 700-800BHP (I use a dyno dynamics so I cant really reference rwhp because its like comparing apples to oranges when compared to DYNOJET or Mustang Dynos). In reality I want to be on par with a
bolt-ons/pullied zr1 without belt slip.
9.75:1 static compression
tvs2300 15 psi
ls9 cam
227cc tsp heads (aftermarket 243 castings)
And the proper exhaust 1 7/8 headers 3 inch exhaust.

Its a very streetable set up thats easy for me to tune with oem road manners. I want this to be a reliable and not lose a significant amount of fuel economy. It will be a true sleeping beast.

How much can power can I expect from this combination?
Is the stock ls3 crank strong enough for this kind of power? If not is the K1 crank good value and good quality or should I step it up to either a dragon slayer or callies? Same for the rods; TSP forged rods or step it up?

I like the ls9 cam because of its street manners and also its wider LSA than stock. I can set the idle down lower from 800 to 600 which hopefully will save me fuel in bumper to bumper traffic which is where i spend most of my time

opinions?
Old 04-27-2015, 12:47 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Id stick with the stock crank, callies rods, and a custom speced cam. That should meet your goals.

Quick Reply: What to expect forged/supercharged ls3 15psi