Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

5.3, on3, 4th gen; started last week, won't start now .hpt attached

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2015, 05:35 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 5.3, on3, 4th gen; started last week, won't start now .hpt attached

I have a 2002 camaro with a 5.3, ls6 cam, built 4l60e, siemens 80lb injectors that everyone runs.

After getting the engine in I could not get the car to start; when trying to start the car it would nearly start once in a while, but would not stay running. After many hours of searching, I found that there was a ground I must have never hooked back up in the headlight harness near the passenger headlight after painting the engine bay. I hooked up that ground, and the car started up and ran pretty well considering it's on a very base tune. I thought this was odd that a ground in the headlight harness would cause the car not to start, but I was just happy to have it running.

I started the car up a number of times that following week with no issue. Would start right up as expected.

Last SUnday I was about to install the intercooler and the boost piping and went to fire it up, and it wouldnt go. I pulled the tune and it seemed like it may have went back to an old tune...is that possible???

I tried reloading the tune attached, and the car will not start up. Once maybe ever 20-30 seconds of cranking it acts like it wants to, but it will not really come close to actually running.

The .hpt is attached. Any input would be GREATLY appreciated...I am so lost here. The car was running well last week, which is the most frusterating part.
Attached Files
File Type: hpt
4-27-15 wont start recopied.hpt (461.6 KB, 55 views)

Last edited by Ryanbgb22; 04-30-2015 at 05:46 PM.
Old 05-01-2015, 09:20 AM
9 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Do you have an older tune you can put on there that you know that works to rule out that it's a tune issue?
Old 05-01-2015, 10:10 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by willizm
Do you have an older tune you can put on there that you know that works to rule out that it's a tune issue?
I do not. This was a fresh setup. The tune that the car did start on I've somehow seemed to lose.....It was basically the same tune as this, just copied over the tables from a similar setup.

Quick Reply: 5.3, on3, 4th gen; started last week, won't start now .hpt attached