Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Anyone here used the aquamist controller? looking for pcm pinout help

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2015, 08:28 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone here used the aquamist controller? looking for pcm pinout help

I purchased a used unit and proceeded to install using this instruction.

http://www.aquamist.co.uk/HFS6/HFS-6-4w.pdf

new lines were used and i was able to do a manual test.
aside from the flow control Ethernet plug being a little loose the system sprays. everything seems fine

however once i start it, it affects the idle tune of the car. it starts stumbling and a quick rev would make the car die.

unplugging the ecu plug from the hsf6 unit and the car runs normal again.

here is the ecu pinout for my 1998 transam
http://www.lt1swap.com/1998_ls1_pcm_pinouts.htm

from the aquamist i needed to connect the following.
I used the following. which i connected to the following

IGNITION SW. (INJECTOR +)
Blue connector pin 19

FUEL INJECTOR (-)
red connector pin 33

MAP SENSOR (0-5V)
BLUE connector (pin 48)

The only thing I can think of is the fuel injector - is connected wrong. I noticed what looks like a black smoke like its turning on the injectors?

anyone have a suggestion on which connector to tap into.

thanks
Old 06-18-2015, 10:03 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

This may help you.

https://ls1tech.com/forums/forced-in...questions.html
Old 06-18-2015, 11:57 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Rise of the Phoenix
thanks, i saw that one. but made no mention of where the wires were connected to.
Old 06-18-2015, 12:26 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Not much pulled up in way of searching. You may have to call them directly to get your answer.
Old 06-18-2015, 03:56 PM
UNDER PRESSURE MOD

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

First off, what kit did you buy? HFS-3 or 6? Let me look to see if I have install directions. I don't think you need to connect to the map sensor or both of the injector wires. I think the only thing you need to connect to in the engine bay is the signal wire for the fuel injector since the system is driven based on injector duty cycle so it relies on injector pulsewidth to determine how much to flow.

To me, it sounds like you have accidentally wired it to be active all the time, so that's why it's flooding your car.
Old 07-14-2015, 03:01 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I'm in the middle of installing a HFS-3 system in my 98 F-Body. Just want to confirm I should only connect to the PCM (injector + and - pins) identified above and not the MAF signal as well?

Thanks!
Old 07-14-2015, 04:46 AM
9 Second Club

Received 179 Likes on 154 Posts

Originally Posted by The Alchemist
First off, what kit did you buy? HFS-3 or 6? Let me look to see if I have install directions. I don't think you need to connect to the map sensor or both of the injector wires. I think the only thing you need to connect to in the engine bay is the signal wire for the fuel injector since the system is driven based on injector duty cycle so it relies on injector pulsewidth to determine how much to flow.

To me, it sounds like you have accidentally wired it to be active all the time, so that's why it's flooding your car.
Either that, or if it does also use MAP as a trigger for the pump, you presumable would need to calibrate controller to the MAP sensor in use ?
Old 07-14-2015, 07:23 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 1BadAzzWS6
I'm in the middle of installing a HFS-3 system in my 98 F-Body. Just want to confirm I should only connect to the PCM (injector + and - pins) identified above and not the MAF signal as well?

Thanks!
So I have the system installed and I connected the grey ECU harness (Injector + wire) to the blue connector pin 19 and the (Injector -) to the red connector pin 33. When I turn the system on to check the wiring/electrical, I am not seeing any green LED's on the dash gauge, so it's not seeing/detecting the F-IDC. Any ideas how best to troubleshoot this? Do I need to use the green harness to connect to the injectors instead?

Last edited by 1BadAzzWS6; 07-14-2015 at 08:40 PM.
Old 07-16-2015, 03:21 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 1BadAzzWS6
So I have the system installed and I connected the grey ECU harness (Injector + wire) to the blue connector pin 19 and the (Injector -) to the red connector pin 33. When I turn the system on to check the wiring/electrical, I am not seeing any green LED's on the dash gauge, so it's not seeing/detecting the F-IDC. Any ideas how best to troubleshoot this? Do I need to use the green harness to connect to the injectors instead?
Nevermind. I had it wired correctly as described above to pins 19 and 33. The green LED is inside the controller box which I didn't realize.
Old 07-16-2015, 06:35 AM
UNDER PRESSURE MOD

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Sorry, I got the pm to help in this thread, but work and home have been chaotic this week, oh and I have a summer head cold as well that I'm trying to push through... anymore help please feel free to PM me or reply in here.

Quick Reply: Anyone here used the aquamist controller? looking for pcm pinout help