LS1TECH - Camaro and Firebird Forum Discussion

LS1TECH - Camaro and Firebird Forum Discussion (https://ls1tech.com/forums/)
-   Forced Induction (https://ls1tech.com/forums/forced-induction-9/)
-   -   On3 Kit VS. Huron Speed V2 kit PLEASE HELP! (https://ls1tech.com/forums/forced-induction/1796997-on3-kit-vs-huron-speed-v2-kit-please-help.html)

Superman09 08-09-2015 08:51 AM

We have kits made in a few different places, depends on the part and material; some kits made in house, some materials and piping made elsewhere and even in the next town over only a short drive away that has machines and roamers to do stuff we cannot in house. It depends on what it is and what we have the ability to do. Without a multi million dollar location and tons of employee's on hand, we could not do everything ourselves and with that our prices could not be competitive and we would be a large corporation not providing the service, pricing and very personal experience every one of our customers now receives. We do as much as we can ourselves and keep everything else as local as possible with great resources very local to us a quick drive away for materials, mandrel-benders, roamers, cmc cutting, etc. This is our product, we stand behind it, we warranty it, we service it, we make sure all of our customers are 100% happy. Even if it is isn't a part of the kit made in house here, it is our part and gets finished to ensure our customers are happy as we stand 100% behind it! :cheers:

ScreamingL 08-09-2015 08:54 AM

instead of sugar coating it....just flat out state our kits are sub'd out to chinese vendors like Xspower

on3 is same shit

both are chinese

Superman09 08-09-2015 08:55 AM

And on that note we have to head back out now to finish up a kit that is one being done all in house on our 1998 Camaro mock-up car. All done here less piping that was bent and flanges cut 20 minutes away and intercooler that was done by Bell for us. :cool: Working on a Sunday!

Superman09 08-09-2015 08:56 AM

Originally Posted by ScreamingL (Post 18919689)
instead of sugar coating it....just flat out state our kits are sub'd out to chinese vendors like Xspower

on3 is same shit

both are chinese

No sir, that is incorrect. We used XS-Power for very little a few years ago but that was it and they had our products done in their facility in the states.

Superman09 08-09-2015 09:02 AM

Always nice to see people trying to knock down a vendor who is actually on here supporting the forum, community and customers. Nice having to waste my time internet arguing with someone to ensure our name stays good on a Sunday morning. Please move on. I will not say anything bad about another company, however I am quite sure we operate much differently than the other company mentioned and I hope that is noted and appreciated, which I believe our customers on here will attest to and stand by as you can see by previous responses. Internet arguing gets you no where, it is a battle that cannot be won as some people will just say whatever they want. It's a shame you had to come in a clutter up a nice thread trying to stir the pot.

ScreamingL 08-09-2015 09:11 AM

Originally Posted by Superman09 (Post 18919691)
No sir, that is incorrect. We used XS-Power for very little a few years ago but that was it and they had our products done in their facility in the states.

still were chinese parts, the two kits i saw from your camp fit like crap and the name xspower was stamped all over it

ScreamingL 08-09-2015 09:15 AM

Originally Posted by Superman09 (Post 18919695)
Always nice to see people trying to knock down a vendor who is actually on here supporting the forum, community and customers. Nice having to waste my time internet arguing with someone to ensure our name stays good on a Sunday morning. Please move on. I will not say anything bad about another company, however I am quite sure we operate much differently than the other company mentioned and I hope that is noted and appreciated, which I believe our customers on here will attest to and stand by as you can see by previous responses. Internet arguing gets you no where, it is a battle that cannot be won as some people will just say whatever they want. It's a shame you had to come in a clutter up a nice thread trying to stir the pot.

has nothing to do with stirring the pot, the title was on3 vs huron speed...both are chinese, now you state you are using others today vs before.

if you dont want ppl stating things like both are chinese then dont sell yourself out to the chinese to make the product...build it yourself like many other places do

we can do this till your fingers hurt, fact is your kits arent much different in product then the on3 parts

also as for years ago you stated, the 2 kits i saw were bought new not to long ago and both showed xspower all over it

Superman09 08-09-2015 09:17 AM

no sir, no sense in arguing with you. I already posted up answers to your questions. Nothing is made by xs-power for any kits we do now, a short run of old V1 kits were done and that was it done from their US facility. Just as I mentioned earlier it obviously will not go anywhere so no sense in continuing to internet battle. We are here to bring excellent parts to the community to which hundreds of customers will testify as they are happy with their purchase, parts, quality, fitment, and performance. Not only that but we are here to help, answer questions, and do whatever possible to provide an excellent experience which as many that have been around long enough will know has never been seen from a Forced Induction vendor on this site.

josh4ku 08-09-2015 10:06 AM

Who really cares if it's made somewhere else anyway. It's obviously not . But almost every part on vehicles, tractors, etc are made in China or some other country. Very little as actually made in the U.S. These days. My v2 a/c kit is awesome!!!!

The Alchemist 08-09-2015 10:06 AM

Originally Posted by ScreamingL (Post 18919689)

on3 is same shit

both are chinese

Originally Posted by ScreamingL (Post 18919705)
still were chinese parts, the two kits i saw from your camp fit like crap and the name xspower was stamped all over it

Originally Posted by ScreamingL (Post 18919710)
has nothing to do with stirring the pot, the title was on3 vs huron speed...both are chinese, now you state you are using others today vs before.

if you dont want ppl stating things like both are chinese then dont sell yourself out to the chinese to make the product...build it yourself like many other places do

we can do this till your fingers hurt, fact is your kits arent much different in product then the on3 parts

also as for years ago you stated, the 2 kits i saw were bought new not to long ago and both showed xspower all over it

You obviously have an issue with Huron Speed, as well as any one that using external manufacturing to get a price point that customers want. They aren't lying or trying to deceive people. If you don't like it, then don't buy it. That's all, but there is no need to come in here and start bashing a company, either of them, just because you have personal issues with who they have manufacturer parts.

Consider this your one and only warning.

ScreamingL 08-09-2015 10:59 AM

listen the thread is comparing the two, if someone can not give a review of the product of actual experience then what good is making a thread like this?

this thread is and about experiences is it not? so thats unbiased first hand experience stated

superman states its been many years since last used chinese company to produce their kits, yet the two vehicles im referring to just bought those kits not to long ago

sponsors just cause they pay money should not be protected just cause they fund a site....look at that joke of a sponsor yrs ago KY turbo ppl protected his ass and look where it got the members but one thing is he actually made his own kits

so you can go ahead and ban me as it seems as the powers you possess are itchy but i just stated facts...huron speed just like on3 are both chinese made kits

The Alchemist 08-09-2015 11:08 AM

Originally Posted by ScreamingL (Post 18919848)
listen the thread is comparing the two, if someone can not give a review of the product of actual experience then what good is making a thread like this?

this thread is and about experiences is it not? so thats unbiased first hand experience stated

superman states its been many years since last used chinese company to produce their kits, yet the two vehicles im referring to just bought those kits not to long ago

sponsors just cause they pay money should not be protected just cause they fund a site....look at that joke of a sponsor yrs ago KY turbo ppl protected his ass and look where it got the members but one thing is he actually made his own kits

so you can go ahead and ban me as it seems as the powers you possess are itchy but i just stated facts...huron speed just like on3 are both chinese made kits

He already stated and confirmed that some parts are outsourced locally. If you have a problem with me coming in here and telling you to cool off, then maybe you need to go outside and step away from the pc for a little while. I didn't delete or edit your posts, I simply copied them, and replied to you that you've said your peace, now if you have nothing more to add with regards to the two kits, then walk away.

I'm not a ban happy moderator, but if me asking you in a professional manner, just as if I were talking to you in person, to please refrain from just bashing, then I will give you a vacation, but I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt, and assume you are an adult and can act like it.

Huron Speed 08-09-2015 11:10 AM

screamingL, we don't know you, as far as I know you are not a customer of ours. because if you were, you certainly wouldn't say things like you are in this thread. its disheartening for me to come on this website, where I have worked hard for the last few years at growing our companies reputation, where I have made a lot of friends, and a lot of customers. and see someone make a claim about our parts, like it is fact. when actually it holds no validity. one point you made was that our parts had "XS power stamped all over them" A. we have never once tried to hide the fact that we used XSpower for a short time when we were a younger company. in fact, we still do, for wastegates and blow off valves. they are a great company that treats us well, we respect them and they respect us. it is a great relationship. B. the parts had one small xs power logo on them, and they came in an XS power box. things like that are actually quite common in this market. I am unsure what you do for a living, so I cant expect you to know that. id like to touch on your claim of "fitting like crap" as well. I can think of 2 "recent" (your words, but everyone has their own definition for words like that, we haven't used XS power in some time for our turbo kits) "problems" (if you can call it that, they were resolved pretty easily) with fitment, in one instance the customer had a kit and just bolted on the parts and tightened everything down to spec before bolting the next part on, and things were a bit off, after some install help, everything fit great. the second instance I can think of, a customer purchased a kit that was custom made by us. (flying to china to build this customer a turbo kit was expensive, but we are that dedicated!) for a different vehicle. he purchased it second hand, and was unhappy with how it fit. it was made the way it was, intentionally for a different application. you know what we did, we took it back from him, we built him another one (more long flights to china. good thing the planes have wifi so we can still provide that 24/7 service we are so proud of, and work so hard for) coated it, and sent it to him. to say he is happy with it is an understatement.

its easy for someone to come on a website with no face to face interaction and cry wolf about anything they want. im not upset, I was told when we first started doing this that there would be people who are going to try to bring you down. try to find ways to stop you from being successful, and to be honest there have been very few. i don't think you are doing that, i don't think you have a vendetta against us, i think you have some speculation about our parts, and if you become the one to blow the proverbial whistle itll boost your internet clout into the stratosphere. the bad news for you is we are essentially transparent about everything we do. aside from a few trade secrets, all you have to do is pull our parts out of the huron speed box, pick it up hold it in your hand. feel it, feel the weight, look at the welds, give everything a good once over...only then can you truly understand the quality of our V2 line. all 4 Fbody kits, the 5th gen Camaro kit, the truck kit, the mustang LS swap kit, and on and on and on for a every kit we have and will come up with. again, i don't know what you do for a living, but the guys we have built friendships with and a business relationship with in the next town over, just 10 miles away here in Michigan, in the good ol' USA that do our parts while we continue to grow into the company we dreamed of when we started this ride, probably wouldn't appreciate you saying the stuff they work so hard on for 10 hour shifts, was made across the world. that is just a blatant untruth.

to wrap this up, so i can get back to work, we will continue to be here, we aren't going anywhere, we will continue to provide the highest quality mass produced kits on the market. and we are going to do it with pride. because we have way too much sweat, way too many hours, and way too many customers to continue supporting (and hopefully many many more along the way) to let accusations like the one you made in this thread bring us down. my hope is that one day you will be in the market for a turbo kit, and you don't think twice about looking us up again. you mentioned this thread was about huron speed vs on3. lets make it fair, if he orders new from either of us today, what is he going to get? from us it would be a V2 Fbody kit. not one of the xs power truck, or v1 fbody kits that are the only ones you could have put your hands on at one point. so lets compare apple to apples here. we will NEVER say a bad word about another company, i cant tell you how many customers i have said that to, but i can say with complete confidence that i believe the quality, fitment, performace, and price of our product cant be beat. and that makes me proud.

i hope everyone has a great sunday, we'll be available all day, just like always, if you need us
-Casey

HolyShiznit 08-09-2015 11:30 AM

Just wanted to point out that my Huron Speed V1 kit fit great. Provided you use the correct K member that they suggested. I even put a PT88 turbo on it and went with a fender exit exhaust on the V1 AC retain kit. Jon and Casey have always been quick to answer our questions and thats why our 2nd F-Body to come out of the shop uses the V2 manifolds and a PT88 that was purchased from Huron Speed.

As far as "outsourcing". I don't care as long as it "fits and lasts". FWIW my V1 kit was one of the first they produced and the pipes were XS Power. That being said 2 years later after a LOT of horsepower producing and street miles it still holds up and we haven't had to repair ANY welds/etc. Nothing has cracked.

That's MY review and experience.

ScreamingL 08-09-2015 12:32 PM

Stating Huron speed and on3 are Chinese is not bashing

Your product on 2 car fitting like crap is telling truth

You make a product or should I say contract others to do the work that fit's many peoples budget but all your product is is a copy of someone else same as on3 which both use China as the lead producer

So this isnt bashing this was giving the OP some insight...you getting are defensive is you're own doing

When a site can not give reviews it's no longer a site...it's a IB bulletin selling market for whoever pays

necrocannibal 08-09-2015 12:36 PM

I have a V1 a/c kit, even though I have n a/c, that was installed about a year ago. According to the shop that put it together they said it was about as good a kit as you can get that was a prefab kit, and they are hard to impress. I have had no issues with the kit or any of the "chinese" parts that were installed on my car I got from them. They also went above and beyond more than any other vendor has ever dome for me and I have been modding cars for almost 20 years. They have my support and will have my business anytime I need something for my cars, they will definitely be my first contact regarding forced induction,

Superman09 08-09-2015 12:42 PM

It is bashing when you are leading people on wih false information. I do not want people to get the wrong impression of our parts based on what you are posting, so I am here to defend our name and products. Please just move on.

Huron Speed 08-09-2015 12:44 PM

Originally Posted by ScreamingL (Post 18919960)
Stating Huron speed and on3 are Chinese is not bashing

Your product on 2 car fitting like crap is telling truth

You make a product or should I say contract others to do the work that fit's many peoples budget but all your product is is a copy of someone else same as on3 which both use China as the lead producer

So this isnt bashing this was giving the OP some insight...you getting are defensive is you're own doing

When a site can not give reviews it's no longer a site...it's a IB bulletin selling market for whoever pays

You are entitled to your opinion, that's the beautiful thing about this country. To say we are a copy of anyone is just plain and simple, incorrect. Blatant untruth.

Additionally, you aren't comparing the products the OP is talking about. You are comparing something we sold two years ago to something the other company produces now. To make the blanket statement that everything we make isn't authentic or all fits like crap or is all made wherever isn't valid in any way. I'll say again I am not upset. But I will definitely defend our company to anyone who wants to slander it.

What kits did we sell that fit like crap? Pm me the customers names and I will ask them personally if they would like us to resolve any issue they have had. I'd be more than happy to.

-Casey

Huron Speed 08-09-2015 12:46 PM

Originally Posted by necrocannibal (Post 18919966)
I have a V1 a/c kit, even though I have n a/c, that was installed about a year ago. According to the shop that put it together they said it was about as good a kit as you can get that was a prefab kit, and they are hard to impress. I have had no issues with the kit or any of the "chinese" parts that were installed on my car I got from them. They also went above and beyond more than any other vendor has ever dome for me and I have been modding cars for almost 20 years. They have my support and will have my business anytime I need something for my cars, they will definitely be my first contact regarding forced induction,

Thank you very much for the real world, first hand review of our parts. It is greatly appreciated and we value you as a customer! We look forward to working with you in the future.
-Casey

sweet99ss 08-09-2015 01:06 PM

"screamingL". When I buy stuff I do a SHIT LOAD of research before I buy. Every single last person I found was very happy with the huron speed kits and IMO from what I found they did and still do make the best universal kits for a good price and the BEST customer service. Do you have personal experience with one of these kits fitting badly? If so did you contact huron speed? I know the answer to one of these questions is NO. My kit fit good and every time I had a question they were there to answer it quickly. Every last person that has came in here that has actually bought a huron speed kit has had great things to say. There is a reason for that