Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

September is TWIN Kit month at Huron Speed - 10% off!

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2015, 08:08 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 59 Likes on 44 Posts

Default September is TWIN Kit month at Huron Speed - 10% off!

Through the entire month of September we will be extending 10% off on our Twin T4 Top-Mount Turbo Kits for the 98-02 F-body. This applies to both the Complete Hot&Cold side kits as well as Hot side only kits!

Order yours direct here to save during the month of September!

Complete Kit:http://shop.huronspeedproducts.com/H...it-hspv2tt.htm

Hotside:http://shop.huronspeedproducts.com/H...-V2TwinHot.htm

Not only do you save 10% on our kit, but all of your options for turbo's, wastegate's, BOV's, Fueling Upgrades, etc are all deeply discounted in our drop-down menu when adding in with your kit!

Kit Information:

*Our new V2 Stainless Steel, Vbanded, extra thick .120 wall Manifolds that retain the OEM Alternator location

* 2.5” extra thick .120 wall Stainless Up-Pipes, V-banded allow for easier installation with 44-46mm V-banded Wastegate ports and primary O2 sensor bungs. All piping stays ABOVE the oem sway bar!

* Pair of full 3" Stainless 2-piece downpipes routed through a Turbo Style K-member will supply the exhaust flow needed for 1500hp. Downpipes do NOT come with the recirculation ports as shown in the picture. Wastegates will dump.

*Standard 3.5" Thick Core intercooler with direct bolt on bracket, dual inlets and single outlet.

*Optional Bell 4.5" or 6" Thick Core Intercooler with direct bolt on bracket for 1000-1500hp applications

*Fully Polished 2.5" cold side piping from turbos to intercooler and 3.5" cold side piping from Intercooler to Throttle Body with a pair of 50mm BOV flanges.

*All necessary couplers and clamps included in this kit. Entire hotside consists of all v-band connections

*Stainless Steel Hex Head Bolt/Hardware Kit included!

*Kit requires: Stood up radiator with coolant hoses and fans to clear piping/turbo. A/C removal. Turbo Style K-member required if wanting to run the downpipes out the back. Can dump the downpipes up front with use of a factory K-member. Requires turbos, wastegates, BOVs, and Oil lines as well to complete (all of which we can supply at final checkout!)

*Kit built around a pair of standard T4 Turbochargers with 3" V-band discharges such as: Turbonetics Hurricane Series (TC66-TC78), Turbonetics T-series (7575, 7875), Precision T4 w/ S trim or H trim covers (6262s through 7675s) Comp CT4s or CT43's with T4 housings (6062s through 8079s) and many many more.

*Kit RETAINS: OEM Alternator location, OEM Front Sway bar, OEM Power steering, OEM ABS.

Name:  V2%20Twin%20Complete%20WM_zps2wuerctp.jpg
Views: 159
Size:  256.2 KB

Name:  V2%20Twin%20Hotside_zpsivntov7p.jpg
Views: 156
Size:  181.5 KB

Name:  Engine%20Twin%20Front_zpsldnbzfgh.jpg
Views: 228
Size:  191.1 KB

Name:  Engine%20Twin%20Pass_zps9zgzaqyh.jpg
Views: 201
Size:  198.4 KB

Name:  7A7FEA87-02DB-4F36-8D0E-3DF6402C3CF3_zpsu4qli8vq.jpg
Views: 160
Size:  241.3 KB

Name:  5FA0A5D3-D90E-44D3-9EDD-C013F4C3E50B_zpsj0gyi7v6.jpg
Views: 591
Size:  228.1 KB

Name:  BBE78AC6-03DC-40CA-9635-664C2EB240BD_zpsot8gxrvv.jpg
Views: 173
Size:  222.8 KB

Few videos for your enjoyment as well!

Featuring 6 different turbo kits for your F-body!
Check us out on Facebook at: www.facebook.com/HuronSpeed
Old 09-06-2015, 11:54 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Couple of questions.
1. Why isnt DP wastegate recirculation included?
2. Whats the base 3.5 intercooler good for (appx hp)?
3. How much clearance is there around the stock alternator? I've got a 254amp alternator which is slightly larger than stock. Would that be an issue?
Old 09-07-2015, 03:08 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Originally Posted by dementia
Couple of questions.
1. Why isnt DP wastegate recirculation included?
2. Whats the base 3.5 intercooler good for (appx hp)?
3. How much clearance is there around the stock alternator? I've got a 254amp alternator which is slightly larger than stock. Would that be an issue?
The wastegate recirculation set-up limited adjustments and created too tight of clearances for our liking. Without it the kit has much more freedom and adjustability.

The base intercooler is good to roughly 1000hp. Beyond that it will still work, just not be as efficient with higher IAT's and more pressure drop. Above 1000hp I would recommend making the jump to the Bell although not required.

Clearance on the alternator I cannot confirm without seeing the actual alternator, could you e-mail me some photos to huronspeedproducts@gmail.com of what you have? I will see if I have a same one here to fit and show you if possible!

Jon

Old 09-07-2015, 01:55 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Superman09
The wastegate recirculation set-up limited adjustments and created too tight of clearances for our liking. Without it the kit has much more freedom and adjustability.

The base intercooler is good to roughly 1000hp. Beyond that it will still work, just not be as efficient with higher IAT's and more pressure drop. Above 1000hp I would recommend making the jump to the Bell although not required.

Clearance on the alternator I cannot confirm without seeing the actual alternator, could you e-mail me some photos to huronspeedproducts@gmail.com of what you have? I will see if I have a same one here to fit and show you if possible!

Jon

Thanks for the response. I shot over the part number and a link to where some pics of the alternator can be found at. Sorry, didnt take any pics of it during the install and my garage is a fluster cluck currently for me to go take some. Definitely looking to take part on this deal though. V2 kits look awesome.
Old 09-07-2015, 04:26 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Just got most of mine (still waiting on the intercooler) started mocking it up though. Looks great! Wish I would have got the special price though...... Maybe I can get hooked up on a k member/ control arms and boost gauge??
Old 09-08-2015, 09:59 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Originally Posted by lmt0705
Just got most of mine (still waiting on the intercooler) started mocking it up though. Looks great! Wish I would have got the special price though...... Maybe I can get hooked up on a k member/ control arms and boost gauge??
Post up some photos when you can! Thanks again and of course be sure to come back for any of your other needed parts!

Old 09-10-2015, 07:35 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Thanks for the support! Any questions feel free to ask as well

Jon

Old 09-11-2015, 10:02 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Hotsides and complete Hot+Cold Sides on Sale all month long, don't miss out!

Old 09-14-2015, 01:28 PM
ss1
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What's the most power you've seen one of the twin kits make so far? Any track times?

When you say the wastegates dump to atmosphere, are there down pipes included? Curious as to where the exhaust dumps at that point.

Thanks!
Old 09-14-2015, 01:46 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

We have a couple in the 1100 rwhp range. I haven't heard from track times yet. Kit has much more potential beyond this as well with larger turbos and the upgraded intercooler.

The kit comes with (2) 2 piece downpipes to route the exhaust out over and past the k member. The wastegate does not recirculate into the downpipes, they dump.

Originally Posted by ss1
What's the most power you've seen one of the twin kits make so far? Any track times?

When you say the wastegates dump to atmosphere, are there down pipes included? Curious as to where the exhaust dumps at that point.

Thanks!
Old 09-14-2015, 03:57 PM
ss1
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sorry, I should have been more clear about what I was asking. When the wastegates open, where does that exhaust go? That's how they work, correct? The wastegates dump the extra exhaust to atmosphere? Is that exhaust dumped under the car?
Old 09-14-2015, 05:00 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Originally Posted by ss1
Sorry, I should have been more clear about what I was asking. When the wastegates open, where does that exhaust go? That's how they work, correct? The wastegates dump the extra exhaust to atmosphere? Is that exhaust dumped under the car?
Oh yes, sorry! They dump down low facing the ground or however you prefer to orientate them. Very easy to add on a screamer tube to it if desired to move them dumping towards the sides however zero issues with the placement!
Old 09-16-2015, 05:08 PM
Staging Lane

I highly recommend this kit to any and everyone one looking for a twin kit. Installation was a breeze and finished product is a real head turner. Can't beat the quality and price! Mine is on the dyno this week
Old 09-20-2015, 06:14 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

All current orders will be out the door on the way to you Monday!

Quick Reply: September is TWIN Kit month at Huron Speed - 10% off!