Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Twin turbo Chevelle - Forward and down truck manifolds with all accessories?

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2015, 08:14 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Twin turbo Chevelle - Forward and down truck manifolds with all accessories?

I'm gathering parts for my 1971 5.3 LS Gen 4 twin turbo setup and I want to know if the stock truck maniflds will work or if I should shop around for something different? I don't especially care for the up and forward look and would like to shoot for the down and forward with the truck manifolds that are on the engine now (on the stand). I know I'll probably have to cut the flanges and put a v-band on them for added clearance. Has anyone done this yet? I worry that the turbos will be in the way of the radiator or have very limited room to pipe the cold side as I picture the cold in side being pretty tight to the radiator. I wish they sold a kit for this but there is no one out there with one so I'm stuck learning how I'm going to fabricate this.

Thanks!
Joe
Old 09-28-2015, 11:48 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Does all accesories include an A/C compressor? If not it can be done pretty simply, just have to get creative with your bends. My manifolds are forward and down and the drivers side crosses over into a single turbo on the passenger side, but the pipes can be fabricated for twins obviously. Hardest section is drivers side clearing the power steering pump, but its not bad. The cast iron manifolds weld up nicely
Name:  IMG_1498_zpsz7nbkgt5.jpg
Views: 1413
Size:  255.0 KB

Quick Reply: Twin turbo Chevelle - Forward and down truck manifolds with all accessories?