LS1TECH - Camaro and Firebird Forum Discussion

LS1TECH - Camaro and Firebird Forum Discussion (https://ls1tech.com/forums/)
-   Forced Induction (https://ls1tech.com/forums/forced-induction-9/)
-   -   E85 twin turbo tuner? (https://ls1tech.com/forums/forced-induction/1813661-e85-twin-turbo-tuner.html)

vettewreck 12-14-2015 05:47 PM

E85 twin turbo tuner?

Whos a great, experienced tuner who specializes in turbo tuning? And let me ask this... if you could have anyone tune ur turbo car, regardless of distance, who would you hire? I ask bc my gf for Christmas offered to fly any tuner I wanted to me. She will cover the flight and hotel. Not bad I thought. :) :) So any suggestions?

Shoaf85 12-14-2015 09:30 PM

Where are you located?

Never mind, switched from mobile view and I see ur location now. We are close and I can time it ; ) message me if interested. I've tuned several E85 cars including my mid 8 second sbe LS3 C5Z!

vettewreck 12-15-2015 09:15 AM

Ill keep you in mind but honestly I'm looking for someone well known in the LS community if possible.

eaglegoat 12-15-2015 09:24 AM

If you want a "famous" tuner and someone who doesn't blow stuff up then you want Dave Steck of DSX tuning.

Or you can have me, before I'm famous ;-).

Orr89rocz 12-15-2015 09:25 AM

Be aware if you want it done right its gonna take many days and tuning sessions to dial it 100% in. From cold starts to driveability and dyno to track changes. Track or even street tune isnt exactly the same if not on a load bearing dyno

vettewreck 12-15-2015 09:40 AM

Not necessarily a famous tuner. And it will be tuned on a load bearing dyno so thats a good thing.

This is just something that was offered to me so Id like to see what my options are.

stevieturbo 12-15-2015 10:22 AM

Originally Posted by vettewreck (Post 19075510)
Whos a great, experienced tuner who specializes in turbo tuning? And let me ask this... if you could have anyone tune ur turbo car, regardless of distance, who would you hire? I ask bc my gf for Christmas offered to fly any tuner I wanted to me. She will cover the flight and hotel. Not bad I thought. :) :) So any suggestions?

That makes a big assumption that the best tuner will travel in the first place.

It would be better to take the car to a tuner, to tune at their workshop/dyno where they have access to all equipment necessary should there be any problems.

transam69230 12-15-2015 11:37 AM

Tune the car at the track on full tilt vs. doing dyno tuning. My tune always changes when I am at the track. Actually it almost changes every time I go to the track.

Late fall this year i got some e65 from a station and the car was soo rich I had to pull nearly 10percent of the fuel out.

Tuning is not done in a few days on a dyno in my opinion with high horsepower e85 boosted cars.

vettewreck 12-15-2015 11:43 AM

It won't see much- if any track time. Its just a warrior weekend street car.

oscs 12-15-2015 04:44 PM

Originally Posted by transam69230 (Post 19076411)
Tune the car at the track on full tilt vs. doing dyno tuning. My tune always changes when I am at the track. Actually it almost changes every time I go to the track.

Late fall this year i got some e65 from a station and the car was soo rich I had to pull nearly 10percent of the fuel out.

Tuning is not done in a few days on a dyno in my opinion with high horsepower e85 boosted cars.

^This^ but maybe he is just looking for a "street tune" or something to get the car running nicely and not set records.

coltboostin 12-15-2015 07:25 PM

Erik Johnson @ Backstreet performance has been tuning LS Turbo cars for 14+ years. You would be hard pressed to find someone with more experience.

http://www.backstreetper.com/contact.php

Deeohgie69 12-15-2015 09:01 PM

Originally Posted by eaglegoat (Post 19076237)
If you want a "famous" tuner and someone who doesn't blow stuff up then you want Dave Steck of DSX tuning.

Or you can have me, before I'm famous ;-).

^^^^This

Dave is an awesome guy and tuned my first build. He unfortunately isn't around the St Louis area anymore, he moved to Texas. You can talk to Chad at CBI Streetcars and see if he still does some tuning with him (I believe he does come in for some cars), or you can msg him on here or FB to get back to you. He was probably the best LS tuner in our whole area, and there were always at least 15+ cars there each time I went and were always different. Fbody's, vette's, gto's, etc...

Here is Dave's car (Blue vette, sold now) car the first time at the track and here's Chad's (Silver vette) that he also tuned. They worked together

I went with Ryan Mitchell at LSXKilr in Kansas, he is all over youtube on the 1320 videos driving the black 3rd gen with his old turbo setup. His new setup puts down around 1600rwhp and he's the guy that tunes Fr8trains car and many other fast cars. Don't let the name fool you, it is a mustang place, but he's diehard ls guy and he has the fastest car at the shop lol.

Also Justune is supposed to be really good too, he is also in Kansas. I'm like you though, I don't car about how far I have to drive to tune it. Because it doesn't matter how good your build is, it can all be for nothing with a 5hit tune. Hope this helps

Good luck,

Dave