Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Cxracing turbo kit reviews

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2016, 07:12 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Cxracing turbo kit reviews

I want people who have actually bought the kit and installed it to give me feedback and their experience with it. Once again if you never owned the kit please do not reply. Thank you in advance and can't wait to hear

Last edited by kalildude; 01-31-2016 at 07:57 PM.
Old 02-02-2016, 12:53 PM
UNDER PRESSURE MOD

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Not sure you're going to find any reviews since they aren't a sponsor on here to represent their product.
Old 02-02-2016, 05:31 PM
TECH Addict

Received 130 Likes on 78 Posts

I bought it. Well, the hotside only kit for around $5xx. It's stainless, nicely welded and fitment is good, came with tons of V-bolt clamps for the headers to the merge and turbo. The only thing I really am not thrilled with is the oddball square Wastegate flange. You can opt like I did to buy their inexpensive square flanged Wastegate or have someone cut/weld a traditional V-Band flange, etc. Like all the Chinese stuff, it has no instructions. It came with some meh gaskets, but I bought the GM shim gaskets. I have a PT7675 turbo and everything matched up fine. I had to resort to some 45 degree taylor plug wires to keep the wires off the pipes. My coils are still on the valve covers(Fabricated valve covers). I've started the car several times but it's still on jack stands, so no performance testing yet. Hopefully soon!
Old 02-02-2016, 10:58 PM
On The Tree

Same here I just got the hotside and I haven't seen any reviews but the guy I bought it from said fitment was good. But thanks for the advise about the wires. I was thinking that also to cut the square flange off and just weld a vband on. Thanks for the info
Old 02-02-2016, 11:05 PM
Staging Lane

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

same as guy above. bought a used hotside with their 7665 turbo. the guy had it on his fbody and said fitment was good and didnt have any issues. upgraded to go t6. mine should be on and running around may
Old 02-03-2016, 01:55 PM
On The Tree

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have their 80mm ball bearing stg3 turbo, 50mm wastegates and 50mm bov along with biggest intercooler they make. Car not done yet but my fab guy had fun with flanges like others.
Attached Thumbnails Cxracing turbo kit reviews-20160103_214143.jpg   Cxracing turbo kit reviews-20160103_214130.jpg   Cxracing turbo kit reviews-20160103_214046.jpg  
Old 02-04-2016, 06:18 PM
8 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Used their gto twin kit
I was happy with it for the price

Suprisingly good quality for ebay stuff
Old 02-05-2016, 08:01 AM
12 Second Club

Not too thrilled about their hotside. You have to remove it to change out the spark plugins. I am using LT1 wires as well because of the cramped spaces.

98-01 Camaro kit btw
Old 02-06-2016, 02:40 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

I don't have any experience with a CX kit, but if you are interested in another option, id be happy to talk a bit about some kits that we have to offer.

if you are interested, you can email me at casey@huronspeed.com. best of luck with the build, whichever kit you choose!

-Casey

YOUR SOURCE FOR ALL THINGS TURBO!
CASEY@HURONSPEED.COM
Check us out on Facebook at: www.facebook.com/HuronSpeed
TWITTER @HURONSPEED
Old 02-08-2016, 05:54 PM
Staging Lane

I have the kit that wraps around the back of the engine. I got it used and the previous owner had to open up the bolt holes on the flanges. Did not fit very well around the 4L80E bell. The wastegate problem was already taken care of and I got it with a 4" downpipe fabbed by the previous owner. I'm actually thinking about going to a t6 turbo and changing up everything. If I was to do it over again I would go truck manifolts and t6 flange right off the bat.
Old 04-01-2016, 12:17 PM
Staging Lane

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

im doing a build thread currently about this kit. in all honestly if u have a little bit of paitence and fab skills id just build my own. mainly annoyed because the down pipe fit like crap and ive gotta worry about burning up spark plug wires. i also ordered lt1 wires and have not got them on quite yet. it bolted up fine tho. i also got their cold side and that seems pretty decent. look up the build thread. 99 trans am mostly china build
Old 04-02-2016, 09:26 PM
On The Tree

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by dt23400
im doing a build thread currently about this kit. in all honestly if u have a little bit of paitence and fab skills id just build my own. mainly annoyed because the down pipe fit like crap and ive gotta worry about burning up spark plug wires. i also ordered lt1 wires and have not got them on quite yet. it bolted up fine tho. i also got their cold side and that seems pretty decent. look up the build thread. 99 trans am mostly china build
Where are you mounting coils and are you running up and forward headers?
Old 01-28-2020, 08:57 PM
TECH Addict

Received 95 Likes on 81 Posts

I

Heres what ive seen since ive ran this kit...
Its tight, and not much room for anything else lol
youll need to run either an elbow off the passenger side O2 sensor so you can fit it, or weld a new bung in. I wrapped everything. The plugs are a pain to get at, so put fresh ones in before you install the headers or youll have to pull the whole thing.
the v bands are tight as hell, but will thread on. Due to the angle and fit, getting these v bands to fit on the flanges takes some effort, especially on the merge pipe.
i have apparently the newer syle that puts the pipe in front.. so no more wrapping behind the trans.
If you have a RR kmemeber it will fit, no AC, and I think UMI's rr-kmember pushes the steering rack forward just a hair. Not enough tkk be noticable while stock, but when you try to stick your 02 sensor in the spot provided, its not enough room. Sa e goes for the WB spot. Get a 90 degree adaptor to keep it out of the BOV.

So far runs great. Going to go get it tuned in March when It warms up a tad and see how it goes.
Old 08-20-2020, 09:03 PM
TECH Addict

Update on the cxraxing turbo system:
Been running this and tuning it on the street. Spools up the gt45 nicely! Again, these headers do scare me a bit with the wire. Got the taylor angled wires in there and thank god i wrap them, cause i couldnt imagine not coating and wrapping these in a stock engine compartment!
Im wondering if anyone has had any luck with other turbo heads hooking up to the merge pipe. so far im happy. Even can change out my wb sensor pretty quick from up top. One thing that i did notice is the drain is pretty horizontal, even if clocked towards the engine. Might have to conside r this if you park on an inline. So far i dont have any oil or smoke so thats good.
huron is still top notch and the completeness of thier kits are hard to beat , and if i have to do it again, thats the route ill go to next time, but its better than a rear mount set up and with some fabbing you can make it work well! 😁
Old 08-20-2020, 10:35 PM
Staging Lane

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by JoshuaGrooms83
Update on the cxraxing turbo system:
Been running this and tuning it on the street. Spools up the gt45 nicely! Again, these headers do scare me a bit with the wire. Got the taylor angled wires in there and thank god i wrap them, cause i couldnt imagine not coating and wrapping these in a stock engine compartment!
Im wondering if anyone has had any luck with other turbo heads hooking up to the merge pipe. so far im happy. Even can change out my wb sensor pretty quick from up top. One thing that i did notice is the drain is pretty horizontal, even if clocked towards the engine. Might have to conside r this if you park on an inline. So far i dont have any oil or smoke so thats good.
huron is still top notch and the completeness of thier kits are hard to beat , and if i have to do it again, thats the route ill go to next time, but its better than a rear mount set up and with some fabbing you can make it work well! 😁

i got the same kit. Did u run the taylor angle plug wires under, back, then up over to the coils? Or go straight through the headers? Thnx
Old 08-20-2020, 11:02 PM
TECH Addict

Straight over the top, kind of curled them a bit so they dont sit right on the pipe. One or two are a bit close, but they are for the most part off. The one by he oil dipstick is the only problem child lol

If you look closely you can see them kinda hover over lol
Old 08-21-2020, 08:29 AM
TECH Addict

Received 130 Likes on 78 Posts

I got the CXRacing kit in 2015. I used the Taylor 135 degree plug wires. Not a lot of fun changing the plugs
I ended up using a Turbwerx OIl scavenge pump to put the drain oil back into the oil pan. The near horizontal line between the oil pan and the drain port made me nervous.
I thought about adding a section between the standard mounting flange of the hot side and the turbine housing that would move the turbo 2 or 3 inches higher and thus give an angle to the drain line. That would of course entail an segment add to the downpipe as well.

The following users liked this post:
JoshuaGrooms83 (08-21-2020)
Old 08-21-2020, 12:10 PM
Staging Lane

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I've noticed that to. I think I'll opt to install the drain connector in the oil pan instead of the timing chain cover. See how tht works
The following users liked this post:
JoshuaGrooms83 (08-22-2020)
Old 08-22-2020, 09:29 AM
TECH Addict

thats where I have mine tapped into, right above the drain plug ribs. this is where i had it draining when it was rear mounted. I thought about the timing cover, but I don't think a ls1 balancer allows much room.
Old 09-04-2020, 10:58 AM
TECH Addict

well so far ive boosted 14psi on a rich tune on my stock ls1 and loose 3800 stall. so far the car is an absolute blast to drive and I love the gt45 spool sounds lol so far no burnt wires but underwood temps are definetly toasty but I think thats just turbo life lol but I have the pipes coated and wrapped and the turbo has a blanket on it, so its keep it at least protected.

Quick Reply: Cxracing turbo kit reviews