Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

98-02 trans am ls1 twin turbo

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2016, 11:11 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 98-02 trans am ls1 twin turbo

Does anyone know of a good twin turbo setup for an ls1 any good kits out there ?
Old 04-01-2016, 08:56 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Huron speed....
Old 04-01-2016, 11:36 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Huron speed x2
Old 04-04-2016, 09:24 PM
TECH Resident

Huron speed x3.

Havent installed mine yet but customer service from them is second to none and the quality in craftsmanship is killer.

I currently have an APS twin kit on the car that I will be selling hopefully this summer when I get ready to switch over to my Huron Speed kit.

The APS kits seemed hit and miss on whether or not the turbos were good. Mine will need Kando carts or the DKT turbos for its next owner as one of my turbos lets a little oil through and smokes. Aside from the random puff of smoke though its a decent enough kit if you can get it for cheap and are willing to address a few problem areas like lowering your sway bar (or removing it) and getting shorter end links to compensate for the drop. I didnt drop my swaybar enough and it made contact with the charge pipes on its drive home from the shop and put some really mild dents in them. Hopefully when I'm ready to switch I can sell this kit (not expecting to get a whole lot for it but Im sure it'll make someone happy). On the stock turbos (from what I've read Kando's are comparable) I made in the neighborhood of 850hp/tq and it seemed like it still had some steam left but I didnt want to push it any further. The DKT turbo replacements seem like the best way to go though if anyone's serious about taking an APS kit farther than its stock configuration would allow.
Old 03-05-2017, 12:10 PM
Staging Lane

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by dementia
Huron speed x3.

Havent installed mine yet but customer service from them is second to none and the quality in craftsmanship is killer.

I currently have an APS twin kit on the car that I will be selling hopefully this summer when I get ready to switch over to my Huron Speed kit.

The APS kits seemed hit and miss on whether or not the turbos were good. Mine will need Kando carts or the DKT turbos for its next owner as one of my turbos lets a little oil through and smokes. Aside from the random puff of smoke though its a decent enough kit if you can get it for cheap and are willing to address a few problem areas like lowering your sway bar (or removing it) and getting shorter end links to compensate for the drop. I didnt drop my swaybar enough and it made contact with the charge pipes on its drive home from the shop and put some really mild dents in them. Hopefully when I'm ready to switch I can sell this kit (not expecting to get a whole lot for it but Im sure it'll make someone happy). On the stock turbos (from what I've read Kando's are comparable) I made in the neighborhood of 850hp/tq and it seemed like it still had some steam left but I didnt want to push it any further. The DKT turbo replacements seem like the best way to go though if anyone's serious about taking an APS kit farther than its stock configuration would allow.
You ready to sell that APS kit??
Old 03-05-2017, 01:21 PM
TECH Apprentice

I have a v3 huronspeed kit on its way. It's my second setup through them. That being said , another member has an incon twin setup that mounts the turbos low and to the back . It's a very stealthy kit and a good price , and looks like you may be able to retain factory ac .
Old 03-05-2017, 01:30 PM
10 Second Club

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Huron speed x4....

Quick Reply: 98-02 trans am ls1 twin turbo