Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

3.4 pulley w/ SDCE 8 rib set up...

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2004, 07:17 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Your idler does not appear to be all the way down...try this and tell me what happens...loosen the ADJUSTMENT nut on the idler...pull the tensioner back. the belt should be loose now because there's no tensioner pulling on it and the idler should slide down...Does it work on your car?
Come on now, do you actually think I would try to adjust the idler with the belt still on the belt tensioner lol, you guys are great. That's how I adjust everything, with the belt off and the spring tensioner at rest. I went as low as I could go without hitting the stand off again with the belt off and the spring tensioner at rest. The driver lics. show that...I might have about 2 hairs more clearance than that if I am lucky. I have it adjusted as close as I can to the stand off as I can go.
J
Old 06-17-2004, 07:31 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by frcefed98

Now for the others Kyle shut up, I wasn't being mean

:
I know man...... ive had my moments...... what time you dynoing tomorrow?
Kyle
Old 06-17-2004, 07:49 PM
TECH Senior Member

Probably in the afternoon, I have to get another file loaded up at one speed shop and then come all the way back up town to the dyno. They are on opposite sides of town and good ol Albuquerque is under major reconstruction. The highways and almost all of the intown streets are down to one lane

SDCE you guys still are 1 to me and I wear my shirt at the track with pride. I'm not mad atcha
Old 06-17-2004, 11:50 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Probably in the afternoon, I have to get another file loaded up at one speed shop and then come all the way back up town to the dyno. They are on opposite sides of town and good ol Albuquerque is under major reconstruction. The highways and almost all of the intown streets are down to one lane

SDCE you guys still are 1 to me and I wear my shirt at the track with pride. I'm not mad atcha
You got a shirt? I set the GP up and got nothin. Now I'm mad! J/K

Mike
Old 06-18-2004, 12:41 AM
TECH Senior Member

Oops Did I say shirt? I meant sticker that I put on a shirt
J
Old 06-18-2004, 01:22 AM
TECH Senior Member

I just put their sticker on my back window, I cut all the pieces down so it wasn't as big....Its the first pulley setup thats worked for me and I have an ATI car so thats very important, I'm consistently seeing 10psi all the time, the car gets down pretty good....I haven't tried it off the break yet....but it blows away my 28x12.5x15 et streets from a first gear roll..
Old 06-18-2004, 01:36 AM
TECH Senior Member

Hey you got a sticker???
Old 06-18-2004, 02:08 AM
TECH Senior Member

Yes, they came in 4 different pretty colors
Old 06-18-2004, 07:46 AM
TECH Apprentice

frcefed98, The problem with message boards is you can't tell a persons attitude or might take things the wrong way. It seemed to me that you were getting frustrated and I was just trying to help out.
Old 06-18-2004, 08:12 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by MstgKillr
frcefed98, The problem with message boards is you can't tell a persons attitude or might take things the wrong way. It seemed to me that you were getting frustrated and I was just trying to help out.
Word.
Old 06-18-2004, 11:51 AM
TECH Senior Member

Hey you got a sticker???

STICKERS......... i didnt get any stickers...... well at least i got a shirt....

I wear mine with pride knowing there setup works awsome......
Kyle
Old 06-18-2004, 12:46 PM
On The Tree

J, Gloves were never on, dude...and we're not bashing ANY cutomer. Sorry if it came off that way. Those pics you posted today are EXACTLY what we needed to see and understand your situation. I'll show them to Scott and post his response. Everything we respond to or ask about has been a situation that we've come up against or a customer has come up against. It's not meant to be personal attacks on anyone. We're just covering all bases so we fully understand to help...when's the last time ATI tried to thoroughly help and not just tell you, "it works fine on our car..." or "you're the only one..."

I'll send everyone tshirts and stickers...
BOS...I have some better die cut stickers to send ya that you don't have to cut. What color do you want? We have orange, red, black, white, navy blue...
Sorry for those that didn't get tshirts yet ...all I have in stock is mediums and I'm waiting for more to be made...anyone need a medium??
Old 06-18-2004, 01:13 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by SDCE
What color do you want? We have orange, red, black, white, navy blue...
Sorry for those that didn't get tshirts yet ...all I have in stock is mediums and I'm waiting for more to be made...anyone need a medium??
Ill take a White one for my back window..............
Any new news yet Wendy.... Give me a call if ya do.
Kyle
Old 06-18-2004, 02:12 PM
TECH Senior Member

I'll take a Navy Blue And my shirt size is XL

Wendy, did you talk to scott about the pulley yet?
Old 06-18-2004, 03:21 PM
TECH Senior Member

Got my shirt, and an excellent 8 rib spring tensioned set up made by you guys at SDCE. That's all I need

Ken Jones@ATI was excellent in getting me my Procharger kit when a now defunct business paid their bills with my cash instead of putting my order through for a D1-SC kit so I can't be all that mad with ATI

Thanks Wendy, everything just got real mixed up and I appologize for any feathers that I rustled over there. I never had any issues with my kit I was just posting my findings with the 3.4 pulley and my suprise that the 53 belt was working with it with no problems. I was saving my final say on the belt slip for today as I am head to the track at around 6pm
J
Old 06-18-2004, 03:23 PM
TECH Senior Member

Keep us updated Jer
Old 06-18-2004, 03:29 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by MstgKillr

Yeah I was tell that same thing to Kyle last night in our PM's about this situation. The only frustration was people thinking I was having problems with my SDCE set up, when I am only having success time and time again. I definately don't want to give potential buyers of this set up a reason not to buy it. It flat out works and continues to do so, and the service and attention they give their customers rivals that of Thunder Racing and we all know how good TR is.

To you and the Buschman
Old 06-18-2004, 03:35 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by BIGBOS
Keep us updated Jer
Will do, I am still waiting on the guy at one speed shop to call me back with a time to go down so he can upload my edit file. I might not make it to the dyno today, but I will get the incar wideband mounted in the car to see if the a/f is good at the track. I know more boost will be mine. I was trapping at 116-118 (you saw the video)last week so it will be awesome if I see more this time around.
J
Old 06-18-2004, 03:39 PM
TECH Senior Member

For sure, hopefully you can cross over into 120 up in that air
Old 07-24-2015, 10:03 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 63 Likes on 51 Posts

I know its 11 yrs old but i have a question to the guys from this post , any of you still run a sdce tensioner ?

Quick Reply: 3.4 pulley w/ SDCE 8 rib set up...