Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

2000 NBM M6 SS Turbo build

Old 05-05-2019, 09:17 PM
TECH Resident

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Glad you aren't giving up on the 6 speed! Few questions for ya....

You still on the 408/s480 combo?

Why the RST and not the RXT?

What boost controller?

What tire?
Old 05-05-2019, 09:34 PM
11 Second Club

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by stoverz28
Glad you aren't giving up on the 6 speed! Few questions for ya....

You still on the 408/s480 combo?

Why the RST and not the RXT?

What boost controller?

What tire?
this one will always be a stick car and yes still 408/480 billet wheel now with 1.25 ar. Got the rst for a good deal so couldn’t pass up. Only difference is the disks so I can always put rxt disks if I need to down the road. I have a manual boost controller now but planning to Holley terminator x this year. As for tire I am on a et drag 10.5 stiff wall slick.
Old 05-07-2019, 01:41 PM
TECH Resident

Yea I think it was about $500 for McCleod to upgrade my clutch disks to ceramic and do the whole rebuild but I have the old B&B style street twin. The organic disks only lasted me about 4000 miles.
Old 09-23-2019, 06:05 PM
11 Second Club

Picked up some afco 3870r’s and MWC transverse mounts for my moser 9”.
Old 09-23-2019, 07:17 PM
TECH Resident

Any new track times?
Old 09-24-2019, 09:19 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by stoverz28
Any new track times?
Unfortunatly nothing to speak of. I have made it out to the track a hand full of time but had issues each time and finally figured them out. Long story short my TCS was engaging upon launch and as expected bogging the car hard. Took all year to figure it out. Hopefully I can get back sometime this fall and get some good passes in. My wife and I are expecting our third child any day now so making it back this year may be a stretch before winter.

The car is getting a Holley terminator x as well as a few other upgrades this winter so I am really hoping that at the very least my random systems issues (2step, WOT, TCS, ect) are a thing of the past. Plus with the holleys capabilities I will be able to turn up the boost and really get this car where it should be.
Old 09-25-2019, 05:11 AM
Teching In

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nice work on the car. I have a turbo six speed car I am working on as well. I also ordered a holley terminator x for it. I am going to piggyback the stock ecm so the stock dash will still work. I need to pass obd2 as well so I need both. I am gathering all of the parts now but I have a newborn at home so I know the feeling. Are you thinking of doing a piggyback or fully removing the factory computer? I am trying to figure out where the best place to mount it will be.
Old 09-25-2019, 07:39 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by boosted-delslow
Nice work on the car. I have a turbo six speed car I am working on as well. I also ordered a holley terminator x for it. I am going to piggyback the stock ecm so the stock dash will still work. I need to pass obd2 as well so I need both. I am gathering all of the parts now but I have a newborn at home so I know the feeling. Are you thinking of doing a piggyback or fully removing the factory computer? I am trying to figure out where the best place to mount it will be.
Congrats on the new born and I am planning to fully remove the factory computer and let Holley do all the work. As far as mounting I am not 100% sure but the small size of the terminator should allow it to do just about anywhere. All depends on the wiring length which Ill find out when I order.
Old 10-02-2019, 05:14 AM
Teching In

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by KyleLanter
Congrats on the new born and I am planning to fully remove the factory computer and let Holley do all the work. As far as mounting I am not 100% sure but the small size of the terminator should allow it to do just about anywhere. All depends on the wiring length which Ill find out when I order.
Thank you!!! Like I said I have to keep my stock computer for obd2 reasons. Once it starts to get colder I will start the holley install. I am going to stretch out the wiring harness and see where I can mount it. I am kind of thinking about making a mount behind or in the glove box but we will see.
Old 10-02-2019, 08:34 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by boosted-delslow
Thank you!!! Like I said I have to keep my stock computer for obd2 reasons. Once it starts to get colder I will start the holley install. I am going to stretch out the wiring harness and see where I can mount it. I am kind of thinking about making a mount behind or in the glove box but we will see.
Something I found out this weekend while researching is the Terminator x is not really waterproof so you should really mount in the car. Just so you know as well.
Old 12-10-2019, 09:57 AM
11 Second Club

Received my terminator x so I will start getting everything prepared for that install. I am in the process of moving right now so progress will likely wait until January. I also bought another m6 ls1 harness so I can work on stripping that one down to just what I need to have my stock gauges work. More progress to follow. I am excited about the prospects of boost by gear or speed as well as the protection the stand alone offers so I can lean on this motor more. I haven’t came close to cracking it’s potential but all the pieces are finally falling into place.
The following users liked this post:
jayyyw (12-10-2019)
Old 12-10-2019, 11:42 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 699 Likes on 364 Posts

Do you have an idea what you are going to use the I/Os for?
Old 12-10-2019, 12:50 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by jayyyw
Do you have an idea what you are going to use the I/Os for?
right now I am looking to use the outputs for fan control, adding a vehicle speed sensor to run boost by speed, and if I can a signal to operate the factory tach.

Old 01-30-2020, 07:10 AM
11 Second Club

As winter upgrades continue I picked up another engine harness that I am stripping back everything I will not need to get my factory gauges to function.
Old 01-30-2020, 07:13 AM
11 Second Club

Excited for these id1050x’s. I am running some 80lb injectors now that I’ve had trouble with the tuning on them. Car doesn’t want to lean out while at idle or cruising. These should not only fix that issue but give me more room to up boost.
Old 02-11-2020, 10:27 PM
11 Second Club

Getting close to firing up.
Old 03-30-2020, 09:25 PM
11 Second Club

Stripped the stock harness to only include what I think I need.

Extended and relocated the factory oil pressure sensor so will have most of the factory dash functional.

working thru the Holley harness and pretty well have it buttoned up. Need to get the fuel pump wire, pick a switch 12v, and run two outputs one for fans and one for the Mac valve.

Old 04-07-2020, 08:33 PM
11 Second Club

I’ve got everything buttoned up minus needing to figure out the factory tach. Seems I might need a tach signal converter.

Outside of that the factory oil, temp, fuel level, and voltage are working.

May get a chance to drop the car down and take it down the road for some tuning tomorrow.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2000 NBM M6 SS Turbo build