Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

dual waste gate/ solenoid plumbing

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2016, 05:08 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default dual waste gate/ solenoid plumbing

Quick sanity check...With the above diagram if i am running a single turbo with two waste gates what is the best way to plumb it? I would assume just y the gates together going to the solenoid and split them from compressor to the gates. Basically y both lines. And i would only need one dome pressure sensor on one of the gates right? Thanks in advance.
Old 07-21-2016, 09:22 PM
Staging Lane

Yes of course just run y's or t's. Thats how my dual wastegates are. 1 boost reference port
Old 07-22-2016, 04:40 AM
9 Second Club

Received 179 Likes on 154 Posts

Follow the instructions of whatever controller you are using. There is no generic "best" given the many configuration options that exist.

I'll still never get why the US systems need to use 2 solenoids to do the job of one.
Old 07-22-2016, 04:52 AM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Budget LS Guy
Yes of course just run y's or t's. Thats how my dual wastegates are. 1 boost reference port
By the diagram I'm assuming you mean pressure source? You are able to use co2 or compressed air with the solenoids. Both gates should have the bottom port to the compressor discharge.
Old 07-22-2016, 06:48 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by stevieturbo
Follow the instructions of whatever controller you are using. There is no generic "best" given the many configuration options that exist.

I'll still never get why the US systems need to use 2 solenoids to do the job of one.
This is the diagram for the Holley boost controller solenoid. They don't have a recommended setup for dual wastegates in their instructions.
Old 10-16-2016, 11:18 AM
Teching In

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by aaronj
This is the diagram for the Holley boost controller solenoid. They don't have a recommended setup for dual wastegates in their instructions.
This issue confuses me to no end. You tee the compressor discharge to the bottoms but you also need for the tops (pressure source).. not using co2 or anything... now you tee that compressor discharge 3 times? Is there someone that has the holly efi ecu running 2 3 port solenoids and dual wastegates?
Old 10-16-2016, 05:23 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm haven't got mine running yet but here's how I'm doing it.
Attached Thumbnails dual waste gate/ solenoid plumbing-image.jpeg  

Quick Reply: dual waste gate/ solenoid plumbing