Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

ati d-1sc + water injection

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2004, 08:38 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ati d-1sc + water injection

soon i'll get my ati procharged D-1SC and i think add water injection , just to make more cold .

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...category=42604

1/ is there any one do it ?
2/ can i rise the boost on stock engine just with water injection ?
3/ what do you advice me to do ? and what is best psi i should do by me mod.(( read my sinature ))
4/ how can i install it in c5 ?

my regards
Old 06-20-2004, 12:34 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I know a guy who makes awesome alky/water kits, don't know if i'm allowed to post it on here to do vendor/sponsorship deals, but i'll PM you the link. He makes a progressive kit so the addition of meth is very smooth so your motor doesn't bog down, and they make sick power. We were able to run as much boost and timing on a friends car with 93 octane + meth as we were with 112 octane leaded.
Old 06-20-2004, 07:06 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by eviltwins
I know a guy who makes awesome alky/water kits, don't know if i'm allowed to post it on here to do vendor/sponsorship deals, but i'll PM you the link. He makes a progressive kit so the addition of meth is very smooth so your motor doesn't bog down, and they make sick power. We were able to run as much boost and timing on a friends car with 93 octane + meth as we were with 112 octane leaded.
it sound good ..i'm witing for your pm .
Old 06-23-2004, 12:40 PM

Originally Posted by eviltwins

hehe is it Rob Raymer????

Hey will you PM me with whoever it is...I don't see why it would be a problem we can talk about other people's product that is not against the rules, it is just against the rules for vendor/tuner to try and pimp their product without paying to advertise.
Old 06-23-2004, 12:56 PM
TECH Fanatic

SMC has a very good kit. I haven't tested out what it's capable of in my own vehicle yet but on other cars they have been able to push more boost due to the cooling effects of alcohol. Like the others have said, it's like running race gas when you need it.

Mike
Old 06-23-2004, 04:09 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Shinobi'sZ
hehe is it Rob Raymer????

Hey will you PM me with whoever it is...I don't see why it would be a problem we can talk about other people's product that is not against the rules, it is just against the rules for vendor/tuner to try and pimp their product without paying to advertise.
www.alkycontrol.com

With the progressive controller these things are freakin money. Dad is running one on his T-type, feeding it 28 pounds of boost from a PT71-GTQ with 92 octane in the tank, not a hint of detonation and NO bog at all when the alky hits which is a bad problem with some of the non-progressive kits. His customer service is great as well.
Old 06-24-2004, 10:25 AM
On The Tree

thanks . good info.

i'll get to to booooooooooooooooooooooost more
Old 06-25-2004, 09:32 AM
TECH Apprentice

I talked to Julio (sells the progressive kit) and Steve (SMC) before I bought a used SMC kit and both are very helpful and have exellent customer service. The progressive controller is nice, however I really don't think our cars need it. My understanding was that the Turbo Buick guys didn't like the regular kits because when it came on early (lower boost levels) their car would "bog" and if they waited to spray at a higher boost level, they would get knock. So in that case they did not need the full amount of AL until higher levels, which is what the progressive controller does(less AL at lower boost, more at higher).

Our cars are a little different. We have bigger motors and usually run lower boost levels. Also we build boost very quickly so on turbo ls1's you really want to start the al as soon as you start to get boost. I think the smaller motored cars would deffinatly benefit more from a progressive controlled set-up.

I just installed mine and have only made a few quick runs and all I can say is this stuff really works!!!!! There is a huge difference in the way the car pulls. Not only am I able to run more boost, the AL helps make up for an inadiquate intercooler.

As far as the kits go, they are both very good, and each has their advantages, the main being
SMC--complete, packaged and very easy to install (does now have an optional progressive controller).
Progressive--Larger external pump, capable of injecting more AL, more of a custom setup (can use windshield washer resivoir)

Also, I think that the progressive controller would be better suited for a supercharger application, because of the the way they build boost.

Either way you can't really go wrong.

later,
Dave
Old 06-25-2004, 08:25 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Question for this thread posters

I would like to post this question.

Water has a flash point of 190 degrees

Alcohol has a flash point of 60 degrees.

What this means for those who are not familar is that Alcohol turns to vapor at 60 degress and water turns to vapor at 190 degrees.

It is the process or water or alcohol turning to vapor that cools the air
so when using a supercharger and wanting to use an liquid injection system to cool the intake charge why would you want to use water.

I am not trying to insult anyone here, just curous about the path you are wanting to take.

I am wanting to use this process to cool my intake charge, so I wanted to make sure I was not missing anything.

Quick Reply: ati d-1sc + water injection