Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Easiest way to swap belts with aster bracket procharger?

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2016, 12:54 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Easiest way to swap belts with aster bracket procharger?

Swapped head units and trying to figure out what the best way to swap the belt will be with the head unit mounted in the car? The belt wraps around the top medial standoff so it seems that one has to come off, but my head unit pulley is so close to the alternator that I can't see getting a belt around it without pulling the head unit? So do you have to pull the head unit, then remove the standoff to change the belt? Just checking to make sure I dont miss an easier way.

Also, is everyone prying the aster bracket tensioner against the standoff to move the tensioner toward the passenger side of the car to get the belt around the crank pulley? I know someone had said they could fit a wrench around the nut to move it, but I have no clearance. Again just checking to ensure there is no easier way.
Thanks
Old 08-31-2016, 07:36 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

TTT
anyone?
Old 08-31-2016, 07:40 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 63 Likes on 51 Posts

the headunuit has to come off then i get the bracket mostly off and feed one part of belt then bolt back up then do another spot where the belt needs to be . Its kind of a pain but i haven't chnaged a belt since last year and lots of daily driving and wot blasts .

Quick Reply: Easiest way to swap belts with aster bracket procharger?