Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

I could really use some help - 05 5.3 s475 hp tuners

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2016, 09:18 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I could really use some help - 05 5.3 s475 hp tuners

First off, I am completely new to LS engines and hp tuners so please bare with me.

I have put a 05 5.3 and th400 with an s475 turbo in a 1990 vw corrado. There is a build thread over in the hybrid section if you would like to take a look.

We got it fired up today as a test to verify everything worked and im having some issues. Hopefully you guys can help me out.

Heres a list of basic parts i have in it.

-2005 5.3 - DBW
-2003 ecm - modified truck harness
-th400
-hp tuners pro
-s475
-iat has been added
-standard map sensor is hooked up to open
-no a/c so plug is not connected.
-fuel system consists of -6 feed/return, dual 340 fuel pumps, dual relayed. Aeromotive FPR.
-ls9 cam

Now to my questions.

- i cut the maf wires and hooked up the iat sensor after TB. What do i do with the other wires? I assumed they go to the map sensor but when we put in the harness i saw there was a map connector. What should be done here?

- it idles at 1650 rpms. Im going to assume a vac leak? The only port the i know i have is after the TB.

- The car is DBW and touching the gas pedal does nothing while running. Whats with this?

- The tune im using came with the modified harness. It has transmission deleted and dual fans. I got denmah's tune for a similar setup and copied the info over. But once again im not sure what im doing, trying to learn as much as i can. Im not sure if this is the correct way of doing things im just trying to get it to idle. Should it only be adjusted to run on the 80lb injectors? Or is what i have done ok for now..

-heres a killer. Im jumpering the fuel pump relays right now and will build 58lbs on the FPR. But you have to toggle it to run but once running you have to take the trigger wire off to keep it running. At that point the FPR reads zero.

Last edited by etijsma; 09-04-2016 at 10:17 PM.
Old 09-04-2016, 09:36 PM
Launching!

While typing this out I couldnt remember if the TB to LS1 intake gasket was in there. I took it off and it wasnt threre. Obviously thats a major vacuum leak. Its in there now and it has not been tested.

Last edited by etijsma; 09-04-2016 at 10:07 PM.
Old 09-04-2016, 09:49 PM
On The Tree

MAF wires can be tucked or depinned away.
Old 09-04-2016, 10:07 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Dave926
MAF wires can be tucked or depinned away.
so those wires from the old maf dont need to be used but the other one elsewhere for the map does correct?
Old 09-04-2016, 11:13 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

The factory MAF sensor has 5 wires, It's a combination of MAF sensor, and IAT sensor.
MAF portion has 3 wires, and can be removed,
IAT portion has 2 wires, and is what you have seperated.
tthe MAP sensor stays, and is not any part of MAF.
Hope that helps
Old 09-05-2016, 05:01 AM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm not sure that's it's relevant - but doesn't IAT go before throttle body?
And MAP is needed and goes after throttle body ( on intake) or remote mounted, with a line to intake.
Old 09-05-2016, 11:22 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Tomhames
I'm not sure that's it's relevant - but doesn't IAT go before throttle body?
And MAP is needed and goes after throttle body ( on intake) or remote mounted, with a line to intake.
my understanding is thats its personal preference as there is pros and cons to either way.

Update as of this morning - tb to intake gasket is in and the 3 bar map was connected and vacuum line ran to the intake. Car fired right up with the fuel pump relays hooked up correctly.

The whole fuel pump blew my mind watching the car run with the gauge reading 0 psi.

Heres a video from last night.

https://youtu.be/E61oRYXDfYA

Quick Reply: I could really use some help - 05 5.3 s475 hp tuners