Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Maybe FiTech learned LS engines matter? :)

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2016, 10:09 AM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Maybe FiTech learned LS engines matter? :)

Currently I am running a FiTech throttle body style standalone fuel injection on my 76mm LS swap Camaro. The FiTech gets a lot of hate because in all reality it's similiar technology to 90s chevy trucks. If I was going to plan my turbo build over I would definitely do a port injection setup that LS were designed with.

It looks like FiTech has learned because they now have an LS specific package including sheet metal intake, port injected, self learning efi with afr targets as well as the ability to control GM electronic transmissions. They also wised up and have included a 3 bar map sensor whereas the model I have only 2 bar. What is also pretty cool is that it adds a dual wideband in place of their single. Also adds Knock control which was a concern with their system.

Looks like there is a 36# injector 500hp option and a 66#/750. Pricing is $1500-2000 depending on transmission controller option and what power level. Interested to see how these shake out. Figured I'd post for discussion. I will say as a FiTech owner if the computer is as easy to deal with as their current systems it will attract a lot of people, maybe not the hardcore ones, but anyone can install and get started.

Name:  40E9C646-1DA0-47FC-BD4F-8EDED9ACF9C1_zpscm5etjvd.jpg
Views: 11559
Size:  189.9 KB
Old 10-26-2016, 10:17 AM
Restricted User

Received 107 Likes on 89 Posts

Where did you hear about this at?

This only brings up more issues, like the fact that MS3x Gold plug and play with trans control would fall in that same price range, and be far superior to FITech. The only thing they would have on MS3 is supplying an intake and injectors... but with Megasquirt, you would just use the factory one, or literally any other intake you want for that matter.
Old 10-26-2016, 10:58 AM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by JoeNova

This only brings up more issues, like the fact that MS3x Gold plug and play with trans control would fall in that same price range, and be far superior to FITech. The only thing they would have on MS3 is supplying an intake and injectors... but with Megasquirt, you would just use the factory one, or literally any other intake you want for that matter.
exactly.

Although its nice seeing companies trying to improve, its still going to be hard to beat the MS based stuff and stock ECU stuff considering cost to ability.
Old 10-26-2016, 02:06 PM
TECH Addict

I agree if I were to switch my setup I would go to a MS3 for sure, just figured I'd put it out there.
Old 10-26-2016, 02:08 PM
9 Second Club

Received 180 Likes on 155 Posts

Originally Posted by JoeNova

Often people do not want "superior", they want simple, they want easy, they want something they can bolt on and it will work fairly well without them doing or knowing very much.

That's why the likes of Holley seems to be so popular now etc too.

And some people will pay extra for simplicity vs actual ability.

But no matter what, more options are always a good thing.
Old 10-26-2016, 02:09 PM
Restricted User

MS3x/Tunerstudio isn't exactly complicated.

If you get it from somewhere like EFI Source it will come preloaded with a base tune using gen 3/4 settings so you can get it fired up. Warmup Enrich can be done first, and then hit autotune and go for a drive.
Old 10-26-2016, 02:46 PM
TECH Addict

Received 36 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by stevieturbo
Often people do not want "superior", they want simple, they want easy, they want something they can bolt on and it will work fairly well without them doing or knowing very much.

That's why the likes of Holley seems to be so popular now etc too.

And some people will pay extra for simplicity vs actual ability.

But no matter what, more options are always a good thing.
BING BING BING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sometimes people just want to plug the **** i and have it work. Dunno why that gets lost on people so easily sometimes. No offense to anyone here BTW.
Old 10-26-2016, 02:50 PM
8 Second Club

Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts

I would be interested in something like this for my Chevelle swap with a 4L80. Where did you find the info? I even did a Google search on the part number and nothing came up.
Old 10-26-2016, 03:36 PM
TECH Addict

Received 36 Likes on 30 Posts

I think it's still too new. They don't even have it on their website.
Old 10-26-2016, 05:39 PM
TECH Addict

Yea it's only available through preorder from M&M Turbochargers, I saw the post on the turboforum
Old 10-26-2016, 07:15 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1,493 Likes on 932 Posts
LS1Tech 20 Year Member

I bet it's batch fire...

Andrew
Old 10-27-2016, 04:33 AM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by Project GatTagO
I bet it's batch fire...

Andrew
The image posted states sequential fuel and spark control with individual cylinder trims.
Old 10-27-2016, 06:02 PM
TECH Fanatic

Location: Ottawa Ontario, Canada - where arguing "DA" is for the slow and weak...
Received 32 Likes on 23 Posts

LS1Tech.com fearing change since 1997.
Old 10-27-2016, 06:49 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 527 Likes on 357 Posts
LS1Tech 10 Year

wait 2 grand for a bolt on and go set up? thats pretty killer.

in for details about the auto-tune feature
Old 10-28-2016, 07:21 AM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Every system has auto tune. Even some stock based systems. Its just that some dont market that as much as others because its a **** poor way to tune a car.

When i hear people say they are buying a system because its simple and easy, i just think its limited and watered down.
Old 10-28-2016, 09:12 AM
Restricted User

Originally Posted by mOtOrHeAd MiKe
LS1Tech.com fearing change since 1997.
LS1Tech, realizing that the most expensive ways to do something aren't always the best.
Old 10-28-2016, 02:27 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 527 Likes on 357 Posts
LS1Tech 10 Year

Originally Posted by dburt86
Every system has auto tune. Even some stock based systems. Its just that some dont market that as much as others because its a **** poor way to tune a car.

When i hear people say they are buying a system because its simple and easy, i just think its limited and watered down.
Some people don't want to learn how to tune. It's intimidating. Should they be left out because they don't want to invest the time?

I'll admit I'm kinda playing devils advocate here.

But how is this any different than any other bolt-on?
Old 10-28-2016, 02:41 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by truckdoug
Some people don't want to learn how to tune. It's intimidating. Should they be left out because they don't want to invest the time?

I'll admit I'm kinda playing devils advocate here.

But how is this any different than any other bolt-on?
It isn't

Everyone will pick and choose a product that is relevant to their needs. If you don't like it, choose something else.

If you wanted something simple and easy, why the hell would you buy something difficult and complicated ?

Most people want simple and easy, that's why the likes of Holley is so popular etc. They've managed to make a product that does a decent job, sell/market it in a way where people with no tuning ability or experience can install it and the car will run etc and for a reasonable price, even if overall it offers nothing that hasnt already been available on other systems for the last 5-10 years.

What FiTech are doing here doesnt seem to be any different, and undoubtedly other manufacturers. There are many better systems out there for more experienced users, but not everyone wants or cares about those.

Hell some people still want to run carbs/dizzy's !

But the fact the market is still growing....can only be a good thing. Competition of any kind always helps keep prices down.
Old 10-28-2016, 04:59 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This system is also E85 compatible. Sales guy said they will not have a system ready for 6 months.
Old 12-04-2016, 08:58 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i see this system available thru summit...anyone have this system yet? seems to be alot of bang for the buck...i was considering a holley setup..i also called fast. i wasnt overly impressed with either on the phone..they both push the most expensive systems..so i am caught on what to do...then i was told about the fitech system...any feedback? i'm wondering if it would be friendly with a transbrake/2step... thx!!

Quick Reply: Maybe FiTech learned LS engines matter? :)