Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

My 98 z28 turbo build thread

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2017, 07:56 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Time has left this thing pretty ragged looking , time to start wire wheeling and bringing it back to life!
Cleaning this thing up and making it shine again is gonna take some serious effort . All the little crevices etc are a pita to get into but when it's done it'll look better than the day it rolled off the floor.
So over the weekend I finally sold my previous turbo setup , now it's time to make a decision transmission wise . Pretty sure I'm gonna play some Russian roulette and go with a hawks stage 3 rebuild kit . Some say you'll never get a t56 to withstand that power , and others claim they've done it on a stock transmission! My main concern is figuring out a way to have bungs and sprayers in this. I believe that'll help keep the transmission upto the task of the new power it will be tasked to handle . Gonna start to disassemble it tomorrow morning first thing. Lots of pics to come
Old 04-11-2017, 05:01 PM
TECH Apprentice

-11cc forged slugs with upgraded wrist pins
K1 rods
K1 crank

All balanced by tick performance
Old 04-27-2017, 12:28 PM
TECH Apprentice

It's been a minute but with the twin turbo kit shipping out yesterday,, it's time to start kicking it into high gear around here. Got the main hoop installed in the car today, as well as the twin fuel pump mounted in . Just need to hook my lines up, drill the bulkhead and run my new wires through. Main hoop of the 8.50 Wolfe racecraft cage installed
Fuel pump assembly modded for the twin 340s. It's hard for me to break every little thing down. When I get moving at the shop
I tend to not stop till whatever I'm working on is wrapped up. Big shoutout too scottybg and his fuel system write up. Essentially without his thread I'd be sending this too my buddies to be installed 👍🏼👍🏼
Old 04-27-2017, 12:30 PM
TECH Apprentice

Forgot to mention that I bailed on the t56 idea and I'm now running a built th400, ptc turbo converter . Should hook up deadly street or strip 😎
Old 05-01-2017, 02:26 PM
TECH Apprentice

This arrived today, man I can't get over the quality and craftsmanship of the new v3 twin kit.awaiting the motor to arrive back from the machine shop and then the installation process begins. If you're on the fence about your turbo build, shoot Jon or Casey a message on here and they'll set you up great!

Old 08-08-2017, 11:16 PM
TECH Apprentice

Default Not a 98 z28 build anymore!

I abandoned the camaro mid flight , anyways I'm within a week of finishing my 2004 gto twin turbo build! The rotating assembly and block I was using for the camaro build found its way into the gto . Anyways I'm gonna post up a bunch of pictures and keep updating as I finish this thing up in a week or two . Twin s366's
Bare lq4 block fresh from machine shop

Battery relocated to trunk
A few parts

Watt 102'm throttle body

New cam bearings

King racing mains and crank install
Doing it old school. Whatever works!
Wiseco -11cc dish pistons
Ati super damper with ac pulley
Ls9 mls head gaskets
Arp head studs
243 heads from ls2 gto