Notices
Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

jgs 400r V-band spring replacement

Old 04-28-2017, 12:59 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default jgs 400r V-band spring replacement

as The title states. I have a pair of JGS 400r v-band wastegates and I have no idea how to replace the stock 6-7 lbs springs for the 9-10lbs.

Please no guessing I need real world experience. I have tried to call them but only 1 guy can give me info and he left for the day... I have read through JGS site and I still have no idea.
Old 04-28-2017, 06:04 PM
TECH Apprentice

their website leaves a lot to be desired..
this shows a gate that uses an internal snap ring to retain the spring/cover on the top
http://www.jgstools.com/turbo/tk188in2.jpg

This shows that you remove a snap ring, or v-band clamp at the bottom.

http://www.jgstools.com/turbo/wgpg.html

Last edited by Krom; 04-28-2017 at 06:10 PM.
Old 04-29-2017, 06:02 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Going from memory, I think I put mine in a vise, slight pressure and rem. the snap ring.
Installing it back on the engine was a pain to compress the seat, so I made up a fitting and hooked the air hose to it to lift it off the seat.
Old 04-29-2017, 10:43 AM
TECH Senior Member

If you have the actual JGS 400r, then there is just a V-band that holds the housing on the gate. I just put a squeeze clamp on them to compress the spring and loosen the v band clamp and the release the squeeze clamp.

But if you have the standard 400, it's like what been said already, just clamp the gate together and use some big snap ring plyers to remove the big internal snap ring on the front of the housing and it will come apart. They can be kinda a pita but once you get a technic, it's not hard.

JGS is local to me and their primary business is making gun barrel reamers. The WG's are more of a side business to them because the owner is into turbos and stuff and happens to own a full cnc machine shop, lol. Corey is the only guy there who does anything with the wastegates. They are kinda a strangely ran operation too, lol.
Old 04-29-2017, 12:29 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by kbracing96 View Post
JGS is local to me and their primary business is making gun barrel reamers. The WG's are more of a side business to them because the owner is into turbos and stuff and happens to own a full cnc machine shop, lol. Corey is the only guy there who does anything with the wastegates. They are kinda a strangely ran operation too, lol.
Dang wish I'd have known that before I got a pair of Precision gates. I happily support Pro 2A businesses. Good to know that.
Old 04-30-2017, 12:32 AM
Staging Lane

Thanks kbracing96 and thanks to everybody else who replied. I was hoping nothing on the inside to tricky to put back together once v-band clamp was removed. I am hoping I can replace the springs with out having to remove whole wastegate from plumbing.

Below is my thread of my car with the JGS 400r's.

https://ls1tech.com/forums/conversio...highlight=350z
Old 04-30-2017, 11:12 AM
TECH Senior Member

Yeah, Yours will be easy, just loosen the vband and it will pop apart. Spring falls out and just put the other one in and put it back together. Nothing more to it!

That's a nice setup too!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: jgs 400r V-band spring replacement

About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: