Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Clocking Turbonetics 11760-BB

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2017, 10:01 PM
Teching In

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Clocking Turbonetics 11760-BB

I have a used 11760-BB Turbonetics turbo that needs clocked. I easily clocked the compressor side. Loosened the bolts and spun it. The exhaust housing is being a little more difficult. It has 6 bolts and 2 C-shaped rings holding it on. I got it loose by loosening the bolts, soaking it in in PB blaster, and hitting it with a hammer. The housing comes off of a ring with 6 grooves/notches in it and I'm able to rotate it 360 degrees in 60 degree increments because the notches in the housing need to line up with the notches in the ring. This isn't very beneficial to me because my gravity oil drain is 30 degrees from vertical. The notched ring looks like it's pressed onto the middle section. Has anybody else ran into this? Will it damage the turbo if I place it in a vice with the housing seated in the ring and try to turn the ring with a 48" pipe wrench on the housing?
Old 05-19-2017, 09:29 AM
TECH Addict

Received 497 Likes on 384 Posts

Do you have any pics?
I have the same turbo and was able to clock it accordingly for my setup without issue.
Old 05-20-2017, 10:27 AM
Teching In

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Got some pictures of what Im looking at. This ones with the exhaust housing seated in the notches on the ring.
Heres a pic of the notches on the ring. Its kinda hard to see here, but the housing has notches by the bolt holes.
Here you can see that the housing wont seat unless its indexed correctly with the ring notches. Im wondering if i seat it on the ring, if the ring will turn.
Old 05-22-2017, 09:02 AM
TECH Addict

Received 497 Likes on 384 Posts

Ah I see, I went out and looked at my setup and remembered I clocked my compressor housing only, I didn't mess with the turbine housing.
It looks like running it is the only option, my drain isn't perfectly vertical either and only give me a little smoke on sharp declines or really hard breaking.
Make sure your venting your crankcase well and run it.
Old 05-22-2017, 09:47 AM
TECH Resident

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Ya you have 6 discrete adjustments/locations with that turbine housing...I have the same one on my 7875 Turbonetics and had to choose a position that was better than the rest but still wasnt exactly how I wanted it.

Quick Reply: Clocking Turbonetics 11760-BB