Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Siemens 80's Fat At Idle and Cruise

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2017, 05:01 PM
TECH Addict

Received 497 Likes on 384 Posts

Default Siemens 80's Fat At Idle and Cruise

I've got an issue that doesn't seem to be making any sense so I'm hoping someone here can shed some light on it.
I'm currently running Siemens 80 lb. injectors in my 4th turbo F-Body with a stock fuel system and twin 255's in the bucket, one on a Hobbs switch.
My tuner (who is a reputable tuner) has been unable to lean out my idle and believes my AFR gauge is reading inaccurate.
At idle my AFR reads 12.0 and 12.6 w/ the AC on consistently.
When cruising down the road under zero load and little to no throttle again reading 12.0 if coasting down a small hill then 11.0 AFR.
However if I apply just the slightest amount of throttle my AFR comes up to 13.7 or if I encounter a slight grade at little to no throttle again it leans out to 13.7 or higher.
It also seems like as soon as the throttle blades crack the AFR comes right up to where it should be.
I recently had the injectors cleaned because they were clogged, I also re-calibrated my O2 sensor on my AFR gauge to confirm its reading.
The car runs fantastic, throttle is clean and snappy and pulls hard maintaining a 11.5 AFR at WOT but just reads fat at idle and light throttle cruising.
Any insight or recommendations would be greatly appreciated.
Cheers.
Old 06-28-2017, 07:27 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

Factory ECU? Real Siemens 80lb injectors shouldn't have any of the issues with a competent tuner.
Old 06-28-2017, 07:30 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Got a tune and log file?
Old 06-28-2017, 09:29 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Min fuel needs to be lowered... see this all the time
Old 06-28-2017, 10:11 PM
TECH Resident

Received 79 Likes on 68 Posts

Yep, what software are you using?
Old 06-28-2017, 10:41 PM
13 Second Truck Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If tuner is using efilive, this is what happened to me, I'm also a reputable tuner lol

https://forum.efilive.com/showthread...um-pulse-width
Old 06-29-2017, 08:51 AM
TECH Addict

SVSlow- Yes sir, factory ECU.
SBCGenII / Slowride- I'm currently using EFI Live, I've got a data log that I can share?
LS1Freek- Thank you for the info, I'll be sure to share this with my tuner.
I'm trying to help my tuner out, poor guy is way over worked and if I can help find a solution for this I'm happy to do so.

Thank you guys!
Old 06-29-2017, 09:53 AM
FormerVendor

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

Default Afr uego calibration

Hi SS, I too like the DEKA (?) 80's with min PW of .813ms for repeatable operation.

What is your PW when the problem is reported ?

My guess is the false report of the UEGO.
What is the Manufacturer ?
What is the Spark Plug color ?
What is the Fuel Pressure ?

Lance
Old 06-29-2017, 10:41 AM
13 Second Truck Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by The ******
SVSlow- Yes sir, factory ECU.
SBCGenII / Slowride- I'm currently using EFI Live, I've got a data log that I can share?
LS1Freek- Thank you for the info, I'll be sure to share this with my tuner.
I'm trying to help my tuner out, poor guy is way over worked and if I can help find a solution for this I'm happy to do so.

Thank you guys!
Also If your tuner doesn't want to mess with the cax file stuff, I'll change your minimum transient pulse in the tune for you. (It's a table hidden in efilive without the use of the cax file). Just email the tune file to ls1freek@gmail.com
Old 06-29-2017, 10:48 AM
10 Second Club

Received 1,736 Likes on 1,297 Posts

You say stock fuel system, does that include the regulator? Good injector data is only good if you're running the fuel pressure expected. If it's at the right pressure than I agree, min pulse width in the tune is the issue.
Old 06-29-2017, 04:52 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Pantera EFI
Hi SS, I too like the DEKA (?) 80's with min PW of .813ms for repeatable operation.

What is your PW when the problem is reported ?

My guess is the false report of the UEGO.
What is the Manufacturer ?
What is the Spark Plug color ?
What is the Fuel Pressure ?

Lance
Hey Pantera, I'll answer these as best as I can.

What is your PW when the problem is reported? What is PW?

My guess is the false report of the UEGO. I don't believe the UEGO is false sicnce the reading changes.
What is the Manufacturer? Its an Innovate MTX.
What is the Spark Plug color ? Haven't checked it but it smells rich.
What is the Fuel Pressure ? What ever stock is since I'm using the factory system.
Old 06-29-2017, 04:54 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by ddnspider
You say stock fuel system, does that include the regulator? Good injector data is only good if you're running the fuel pressure expected. If it's at the right pressure than I agree, min pulse width in the tune is the issue.
Yes sir, totally stock save for a hotwire kit and a 255 pump, the other pump has it's own circuit and comes on when the boost hits 4 lbs.
Old 06-29-2017, 04:59 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by LS1FREEK
Also If your tuner doesn't want to mess with the cax file stuff, I'll change your minimum transient pulse in the tune for you. (It's a table hidden in efilive without the use of the cax file). Just email the tune file to ls1freek@gmail.com
That would be fantastic, I like me my tuner but I'm not a priority for him which I'm okay with but this whole situation is an irritation not because of him but because I was sold some shitty injectors which ate up time and money and the summer is a wasting lol!
I'm gonna give him a few days to respond since I sent him that link to EFI Live you posted but if he doesn't respond soon I'll shoot you my scan.
I really appreciate you offering to take a look as well, thank you!
Old 06-29-2017, 05:11 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by LS1FREEK
If tuner is using efilive, this is what happened to me, I'm also a reputable tuner lol

https://forum.efilive.com/showthread...um-pulse-width

not to hijack but i read this thread and im having a very similar issue with the same injectors. i run hptuners so i dont know the efilive table codes. can you rundown what tables you changed to what?

thanks
Old 06-29-2017, 05:54 PM
10 Second Club

Yes sir, totally stock save for a hotwire kit and a 255 pump, the other pump has it's own circuit and comes on when the boost hits 4 lbs.
So it's only the single 255 at idle? I'd definitely guess it's the min pulsewidth table. What year car?
Old 06-29-2017, 06:03 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by ddnspider
So it's only the single 255 at idle? I'd definitely guess it's the min pulsewidth table. What year car?
Yes sir, just the single 255 at idle.
Its a 2002 Camaro SS, it was fine with the old Siemens 60's on lower boost which really chaps my ***, should've left the ****** thing alone lol.
I remember my tuner saying he leaned the VE table way out and it didn't make a difference so he thought maybe the injectors couldn't pulse low enough to lean out.
He leaned it out to the point the car would stall when I hit the gas but still 12.0 at idle.
I may have been inclined to believe that except a friend of mine has the same injectors in his 5.7 and it idles at 14.7 AFR.
Old 06-29-2017, 06:08 PM
10 Second Club

Yes sir, just the single 255 at idle.
Its a 2002 Camaro SS, it was fine with the old Siemens 60's on lower boost which really chaps my ***, should've left the ****** thing alone lol.
I remember my tuner saying he leaned the VE table way out and it didn't make a difference so he thought maybe the injectors couldn't pulse low enough to lean out.
He leaned it out to the point the car would stall when I hit the gas but still 12.0 at idle.
I may have been inclined to believe that except a friend of mine has the same injectors in his 5.7 and it idles at 14.7 AFR.
You should have had the same issue with the 60 lbers. I did a car that didn't have the hidden min pulse table adjusted and couldn't get the air fuel out of the 10s at idle. Going to 80s should be cake of that's already fixed. You sure the injector data is good? Can you post the tune and I'll tell you if the injector data is good?
Old 06-29-2017, 06:32 PM
10 Second Club

B9021 is the table for a 99-02 OS.
Old 06-29-2017, 11:37 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Had the same issue when I put my 80's in when stock fuel system and got it under control with adjusting min fuel pulses. Even ran them on my car NA for a while before the boost. Tables aren't adjusted right. You running SD tune or trying a MAF? Have seen this with a MAF when there is overlap of load on cars, best just to go SD but takes time to tune.

My suggestion, start learning to tune, Fbody is about as easy as it gets to start out.
Old 06-30-2017, 09:17 AM
TECH Addict

Hi guys, I've attached the tune and scan from the drive.
The tune being the VCLS1B_12 and the scan is LS1B_0076.
Tune 12 runs the best thus far, subsequent tunes after this one run steadily worse with a lean bog when the throttle opens that gets steadily worse showing the progression of leaning out the VE table I guess.
My driving factor here is I need the car running for the end of July so I can drive it to meet my family on vacation so I'm trying to sort this out lol.
Thanks again everyone for your help!

I'm all over it Rawr, I'm currently looking at laptops and am saving up my pennies so when an HP Tuners setup becomes available on here I can jump on it.
All this waiting and wasted time has motivated me to learn to do this myself for sure.
Attached Files
File Type: ctz
VCLS1B_12.ctz (440.2 KB, 36 views)
File Type: efi
LS1B_0076.efi (101.1 KB, 33 views)

Quick Reply: Siemens 80's Fat At Idle and Cruise