Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Silverback build thread - 347 S485 TH400

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2017, 06:16 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I got my Huron T6 V3 turbo kit today!!! I am going to be off for the next week and plan to be able to do the first start on Friday night. I will update each day to show my progress.
Old 07-25-2017, 06:21 PM
TECH Addict

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

nice kit!! what size/brand turbo?
Old 07-25-2017, 06:41 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Nice kit, I have a V2 kit I think. I don't know what the hell the difference is but I'm sure there are some. Nice ride by the way. We have some of the same ideas on the inside of the car.
Old 07-25-2017, 08:22 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by brandon6.0
nice kit!! what size/brand turbo?
It is a S485 from Forced Inductions. Those have a billet wheel and a V2 cover.
Old 07-25-2017, 08:23 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Heavy H.P.
Nice kit, I have a V2 kit I think. I don't know what the hell the difference is but I'm sure there are some. Nice ride by the way. We have some of the same ideas on the inside of the car.
Thanks! It is a shame that I am going to be taking it all apart this winter for a 10 point cage and switch over to Holley.
Old 07-26-2017, 06:47 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 46 Likes on 31 Posts

I noticed your rails and regulator are the Racetronix ones. Did you get the entire fuel line kit from them? If so, what are your thoughts overall on the parts in it?
Old 07-26-2017, 07:13 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 1bdbrd
I noticed your rails and regulator are the Racetronix ones. Did you get the entire fuel line kit from them? If so, what are your thoughts overall on the parts in it?
So far I like them but the real test will be once I pressurize the system. I didn't get a kit since I needed to make a few changes however everything except the fuel pumps and the fuel filter was purchased through Racetronix. The finish on the fittings has held up through assembly but I was using AN wrenches.
Old 07-26-2017, 09:11 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 98sscammed
Thanks! It is a shame that I am going to be taking it all apart this winter for a 10 point cage and switch over to Holley.
Have you priced the Holley and all the wiring yet?
Old 07-26-2017, 09:25 AM
On The Tree

Have you priced the Holley and all the wiring yet?
I have a general idea what it is going to cost but just have to sit down and figure if I can get away with the regular HP or if I need the extra inputs and will have to step up to the dominator. I am keeping my Leash controller, my second pump is on a Hobbs switch, but I want to run flex fuel and monitor fuel and oil pressure, control my second fan and knows what else. I just really need to sit down and think that all through. I am just going to keep my fingers crossed for a good deal at Black Friday.
Old 07-26-2017, 01:19 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I have a general idea what it is going to cost but just have to sit down and figure if I can get away with the regular HP or if I need the extra inputs and will have to step up to the dominator. I am keeping my Leash controller, my second pump is on a Hobbs switch, but I want to run flex fuel and monitor fuel and oil pressure, control my second fan and knows what else. I just really need to sit down and think that all through. I am just going to keep my fingers crossed for a good deal at Black Friday.
**** I forgot Black Friday was coming up. I should save my money and get some stuff for my car also around that time. I've kind of just now been thinking about the Holly setup I don't really know if I will need it or not. What type of money do you think you'll be out of switching over?
Old 07-26-2017, 02:11 PM
On The Tree

**** I forgot Black Friday was coming up. I should save my money and get some stuff for my car also around that time. I've kind of just now been thinking about the Holly setup I don't really know if I will need it or not. What type of money do you think you'll be out of switching over?
If I don't have to get the dominator I am hoping to be in the low $2000s once I am all said and done for the Holley with accessories but that just depends on the sales.
Old 07-26-2017, 02:13 PM
On The Tree

If I don't have to get the dominator I am hoping to be in the low $2000s once I am all said and done for the Holley with accessories but that just depends on the sales.
Nevermind....forgot about the 7" screen. +$700
Old 07-26-2017, 07:28 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 46 Likes on 31 Posts

So far I like them but the real test will be once I pressurize the system. I didn't get a kit since I needed to make a few changes however everything except the fuel pumps and the fuel filter was purchased through Racetronix. The finish on the fittings has held up through assembly but I was using AN wrenches.
Awesome. Did you use their fuel lines as well? It all looks to be really nice quality in your pics and you're the first person I have seen use their fuel line parts.
Old 07-26-2017, 07:29 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Nevermind....forgot about the 7" screen. +$700
Ok I was looking at some stuff and trying to figure out does it really cost that much. Guess it does.
Old 07-26-2017, 07:32 PM
On The Tree

Update for the day:
-Got the hot side on and test fit the turbo. One of the vbands broke in just a random freak flaw but Jon at Huron Speed has already taken care of me and sent me a replacement.
-Ran the oil lines
-Power steering line was closer than I would like so I put that in a thermal sleeve
-Made brackets to mount the trans cooler
-Mounted the intercooler brackets and intercooler
-Other little odds and ends

I plan to get the drivetrain back under the car tomorrow and reconnect the engine harness.
Old 07-26-2017, 08:37 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 1bdbrd
Awesome. Did you use their fuel lines as well? It all looks to be really nice quality in your pics and you're the first person I have seen use their fuel line parts.
Yeah I used their PTFE lines and fittings. The lines are less flexible than what I am used to with the regular braided lines but I would think that is just the PTFE. They also go together differently than normal braided lines so the real test will be once I pressurize the system. As of this moment I like everything that I got from Racetronix.
Old 07-27-2017, 06:52 AM
9 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Looks good man. I am about at the same spot as you are and have no motivation to work on mine, ha.

If you haven't already, look into MS3 Pro for engine management. I have it and really love it. You can't go wrong with the Holley either though.
Old 07-27-2017, 07:56 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by RedRocketZ28
Looks good man. I am about at the same spot as you are and have no motivation to work on mine, ha.

If you haven't already, look into MS3 Pro for engine management. I have it and really love it. You can't go wrong with the Holley either though.
Thanks. I looked into MS3 but my tuner has Holley on his personal car so I feel more comfortable going that route. I will make small tweaks down the road but will leave the major adjustments to him.
Old 07-27-2017, 08:32 AM
11 Second Club

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Great looking build!
Old 07-27-2017, 10:02 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by KyleLanter
Great looking build!
Thanks!

Quick Reply: Silverback build thread - 347 S485 TH400