Notices
Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Twin Turbo 4.8 Results / Single 80mm Build

 
Old 09-29-2017, 07:04 AM
  #41  
TECH Regular
iTrader: (2)
 
dburt86's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: CT
Posts: 499
Default

30 psi/30 degrees. Key to happiness
dburt86 is offline  
Old 09-29-2017, 12:42 PM
  #42  
Launching!
iTrader: (2)
 
Turbo D's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Calgary
Posts: 215
Default

Originally Posted by svslow View Post
Between Dario's Chevette, Tony Reiners Mustang and my car I think we can conclude these turbo just aren't great. The rest of my combination isn't ideal for this engine/turbo size but it should still be making quite a bit more power. I think those 61/65's would be a really nice option, they should light off pretty quick even on a 4.8. The re
Yes unfortunately they are duds, Nathan Shaw had real Turbonetics 72/68's on his car and managed 7's at way more weight then my car, and the rest of our combo is quite similar. I've had lots of luck with on3 stuff, I'm doing a colorado for a customer with twin 61/65's it should be interesting what kind of power it makes.
Turbo D is offline  
Old 09-29-2017, 01:02 PM
  #43  
TECH Fanatic
Thread Starter
 
svslow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Royal Oak, MI
Posts: 1,238
Default

Originally Posted by Turbo D View Post
Yes unfortunately they are duds, Nathan Shaw had real Turbonetics 72/68's on his car and managed 7's at way more weight then my car, and the rest of our combo is quite similar. I've had lots of luck with on3 stuff, I'm doing a colorado for a customer with twin 61/65's it should be interesting what kind of power it makes.
That's the gamble we take on $250 turbos. Oh well. I am very curious to see how the 61/65 does. Those are at the top of my list for replacement turbos.
svslow is offline  
Old 09-29-2017, 01:36 PM
  #44  
8 Second Club
iTrader: (4)
 
Forcefed86's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Wichita, KS
Posts: 5,835
Default

$238 shipped on the T3's. Hoping to see if they perform any differently at the track this weekend. Been doing alot of street driving on mine. About 2000 miles on them and I don't see any leaks yet. The s366 clones are yet to be tested. I may give those a whirl.
Forcefed86 is offline  
Old 09-29-2017, 01:58 PM
  #45  
TECH Fanatic
Thread Starter
 
svslow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Royal Oak, MI
Posts: 1,238
Default

Originally Posted by Forcefed86 View Post
$238 shipped on the T3's. Hoping to see if they perform any differently at the track this weekend. Been doing alot of street driving on mine. About 2000 miles on them and I don't see any leaks yet. The s366 clones are yet to be tested. I may give those a whirl.
Those are a viable option as well. I really can't see the spool being much different on them.
svslow is offline  
Old 09-29-2017, 03:09 PM
  #46  
Launching!
iTrader: (2)
 
Turbo D's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Calgary
Posts: 215
Default

I'm a die hard china turbo guy, but I caved and bought a pair of Borg s369's got them for $649 each for the guys on ebay, still have to get exhaust housings too. I was going to pull the trigger on the s366 clones because they are so cheap but didn't like that they only came with .91 divided housings. I'm not changing too much over the winter so I should have some usable comparison data in the spring
Turbo D is offline  
Old 10-01-2017, 11:06 AM
  #47  
Banned
iTrader: (3)
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: From the abyss
Posts: 944
Default

Glad i came across this thread, i was thinking about running those rev9 turbos but was a bit hesitant. Been following tony reiners thread on the turbo forum seems like he went slower with these turbos then the single and the twin gt's.

Has anyone given these a china s366's a try?

https://www.alibaba.com/product-deta...59503e27uRUnpa
adamantium is offline  
Old 10-01-2017, 01:32 PM
  #48  
8 Second Club
iTrader: (4)
 
Forcefed86's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Wichita, KS
Posts: 5,835
Default

Got to test the T3s a little last night. More of the same really. Went a best of 10.9x @ 133 14-15lbs. 1.7 60' made 4-5lbs on brake easy at 4400. Fell on Its face when i let off the T-brake. Buddy with 383 and twin masterpower t70s on an old school 3700lb pickup went 159 at 24lbs. Non intercooled.

Last edited by Forcefed86; 10-01-2017 at 09:37 PM.
Forcefed86 is offline  
Old 10-01-2017, 01:36 PM
  #49  
TECH Apprentice
iTrader: (6)
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 363
Default

Originally Posted by Forcefed86 View Post
Got to test the T3s a little last night. More of the same really. Went a best of 10.9x @ 133 14-15lbs. 1.7 60' made 4-5lbs on brake easy at 4400. Fell on Its face when i let off the T-brake. Buddy with twin 383 and masterpower t70s on an old school 3700lb pickup went 159 at 24lbs. Non intercooled.
Those mpt70's in a T4 with a .96 AR are powerful....I went 165 at like 17lbs or so in a streeT fox, 2900lbs or so on E85 with two of them. Solid little turbo they were.
asubennett is offline  
Old 10-01-2017, 05:34 PM
  #50  
Launching!
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 277
Default

What cubic inch?
tblentrprz is offline  
Old 10-02-2017, 06:32 AM
  #51  
TECH Fanatic
Thread Starter
 
svslow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Royal Oak, MI
Posts: 1,238
Default

Originally Posted by Forcefed86 View Post
Got to test the T3s a little last night. More of the same really. Went a best of 10.9x @ 133 14-15lbs. 1.7 60' made 4-5lbs on brake easy at 4400. Fell on Its face when i let off the T-brake. Buddy with 383 and twin masterpower t70s on an old school 3700lb pickup went 159 at 24lbs. Non intercooled.
Wow that is moving! (the truck that is). Are those t70's similar to the 70/65?
svslow is offline  
Old 10-02-2017, 07:25 AM
  #52  
TECH Regular
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Florida
Posts: 476
Default

Originally Posted by adamantium View Post
Glad i came across this thread, i was thinking about running those rev9 turbos but was a bit hesitant. Been following tony reiners thread on the turbo forum seems like he went slower with these turbos then the single and the twin gt's.
can you link to that thread or let me know what i can google to find it
TrendSetter is offline  
Old 10-02-2017, 09:10 AM
  #53  
TECH Fanatic
Thread Starter
 
svslow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Royal Oak, MI
Posts: 1,238
Default

Originally Posted by TrendSetter View Post
can you link to that thread or let me know what i can google to find it
http://www.yellowbullet.com/forum/sh...996338&page=22
svslow is offline  
Old 10-02-2017, 10:18 AM
  #54  
8 Second Club
iTrader: (4)
 
Forcefed86's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Wichita, KS
Posts: 5,835
Default

Yup 70 with a p-trim turbine wheel. Not sure what makes a turbo with the same diameter wheels perform less than another… Housing clearances? Wheel design? But the masterpower 70s sure seem to pile on the HP. I believe Del with that Chevelle above was running on3 70’s prior to the 61’s. Thought I remembered them not performing as well as the 61’s.

Found 2 other options shopping ebay last night. Housing looks on the large side, but the $218 price and wheel specs seem nice… So did the 72/68’s though…

http://www.ebay.com/itm/T04Z-T70-T4-...19.m1438.l2649

This one wasn’t bad either for $229… smaller housing.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/T66-T04S-GT3...19.m1438.l2649

Last edited by Forcefed86; 10-02-2017 at 11:30 AM.
Forcefed86 is offline  
Old 10-02-2017, 11:14 AM
  #55  
TECH Regular
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Florida
Posts: 476
Default

thanks.
that thread said tony went 151 with the 7268s. is that not good? at first he went 121 which is pretty bad. i didnt see him mention how much boost to get the 151mph.

am i the only one with the rev9 6662s so far?
TrendSetter is offline  
Old 10-02-2017, 11:56 AM
  #56  
8 Second Club
iTrader: (4)
 
Forcefed86's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Wichita, KS
Posts: 5,835
Default

Originally Posted by TrendSetter View Post
thanks.
that thread said tony went 151 with the 7268s. is that not good? at first he went 121 which is pretty bad. i didnt see him mention how much boost to get the 151mph.

am i the only one with the rev9 6662s so far?

Tony has a larger engine (351) 25lbs on the 72/68’s best of 151.8. He trapped 154 on the S480 at similar boost and it spooled faster. Believe he also has better heads, cam and intake on the car now than he did with the S480.

For comparison I believe chris went in the 160+ range at similar boost and weight (possibly heavier) on an SBE 5.3 w/ cast S366's non-intercooled. And 168 on 31lbs.

Last edited by Forcefed86; 10-02-2017 at 12:08 PM.
Forcefed86 is offline  
Old 10-02-2017, 12:09 PM
  #57  
TECH Fanatic
Thread Starter
 
svslow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Royal Oak, MI
Posts: 1,238
Default

Originally Posted by Forcefed86 View Post
Yup 70 with a p-trim turbine wheel. Not sure what makes a turbo with the same diameter wheels perform less than another… Housing clearances? Wheel design? But the masterpower 70s sure seem to pile on the HP. I believe Del with that Chevelle above was running on3 70’s prior to the 61’s. Thought I remembered them not performing as well as the 61’s.

Found 2 other options shopping ebay last night. Housing looks on the large side, but the $218 price and wheel specs seem nice… So did the 72/68’s though…

http://www.ebay.com/itm/T04Z-T70-T4-...19.m1438.l2649

This one wasn’t bad either for $229… smaller housing.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/T66-T04S-GT3...19.m1438.l2649

I believe the turbos in the 2nd link are what my buddy used on his first twin 6.0L set up.

https://ls1tech.com/forums/forced-in...ay-turbos.html
svslow is offline  
Old 10-02-2017, 09:03 PM
  #58  
Banned
iTrader: (3)
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: From the abyss
Posts: 944
Default

Originally Posted by TrendSetter View Post
can you link to that thread or let me know what i can google to find it
This ones more detailed then the yellowbullet thread
https://www.theturboforums.com/threa...6#post-2005709
adamantium is offline  
Old 10-02-2017, 09:12 PM
  #59  
Banned
iTrader: (3)
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: From the abyss
Posts: 944
Default

Originally Posted by svslow View Post
I believe the turbos in the 2nd link are what my buddy used on his first twin 6.0L set up.

https://ls1tech.com/forums/forced-in...ay-turbos.html
Thats funny i was just looking at his videos on youtube, he has it listed as twin s366's on youtube. But at 15psi its making GREAT power. Those look like the ticket for cheap china twins.
adamantium is offline  
Old 10-02-2017, 09:14 PM
  #60  
8 Second Club
iTrader: (4)
 
Forcefed86's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Wichita, KS
Posts: 5,835
Default

They have a really goofy clipped exhaust wheel that is nothing like a real S366. Kinda scares me.


Forcefed86 is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Twin Turbo 4.8 Results / Single 80mm Build


About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: