Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Huron coming: what’s else should I install while in it?

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2017, 09:26 PM
On The Tree

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Huron coming: what’s else should I install while in it?

I have a 02 trans am and after my previous thread on HCI vs turbo I ordered a Huron V3, thanks to John. I got the stock IC, nd 3” DP and BME turbo k member.
I will add the BOV,WG, #80 lbs later

It is an auto with 140k but runs clean. Over the past few months I fixed all the maintenance items and its a solid DD. AC, idles solid at 500rpm all day. Auto 2.73 with a lid.

Well I pulled the tranny and did a stage 3 rebuild and 3200 stall, oil pan, rear main gaskets, power steering. The stall is AWESOME. Little surging in reverse or AC at idle on hills but man it RUNS! This is a bone stock setup and no tune. WIlla tune help? Lol

She is ready but while at it what else is most convenient to fix/repair/upgrade

I will have to do fuel: I want enough for 800HP. With the 7875. Is racetronix hot kit enough, I fear not

I will do #80 lb Siemens

I will do the dehlre fans.

for first stage I figure to get 600Hp at 8-10lbs. I figure leave the engine together and have fun till it breaks. Unless it is easy to swap a turbo cam while she is on the lift. Or even the heads.?

I will leave the stock LS6 but maybe get a NWTB 92 or is stock 78 ok under turbo.

Is catch can needed?

While doing BMR is there a good stock runner suspension kit to change out for sways and arms?
Old 10-19-2017, 06:28 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Jim Cuff
Well I pulled the tranny and did a stage 3 rebuild and 3200 stall, oil pan, rear main gaskets, power steering. The stall is AWESOME. Little surging in reverse or AC at idle on hills but man it RUNS! This is a bone stock setup and no tune. WIlla tune help? Lol
Yes, a tune will help. Also you're going to need to restall that converter once you add boost. Adding that much power is going to throw the converter off.

I will have to do fuel: I want enough for 800HP. With the 7875. Is racetronix hot kit enough, I fear not
No, definitely not. You're going to need at least a 450 lph pump, possibly 2.

I will do #80 lb Siemens

I will do the dehlre fans.

for first stage I figure to get 600Hp at 8-10lbs. I figure leave the engine together and have fun till it breaks. Unless it is easy to swap a turbo cam while she is on the lift. Or even the heads.?
You're not going to hit 600 hp at 10 lbs regardless. Especially with a stock cam. Definitely a turbo cam and valve springs. You may be able to hit 600 whp on about 15-16 lbs. Don't expect your trans to live long though, doesn't matter if you've got a Stage 20, it's still a weak *** 60E.

I will leave the stock LS6 but maybe get a NWTB 92 or is stock 78 ok under turbo.

Is catch can needed?
Stock TB is fine. Catch can isn't a necessity, but if you can get a cheap one, it won't hurt.

While doing BMR is there a good stock runner suspension kit to change out for sways and arms?
Maybe QA1? They seem reliable and fairly inexpensive and a bunch of people run their stuff.
Old 10-20-2017, 10:24 AM
On The Tree

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Restall the converter? I know it is not a 3500-4000 like many people on here but its not small and I got it setup for hi power and for street. It definitely is begging for power now, but what would I have to change on it other then a tune?

I meant 800 as ultimate goal, 80/20 planning but my goal is to break 600-675 range HP/TQ to the wheels for the street BUT if I enjoy it and keep it it would be nice to crank 750 down the road.

whole I have the front radiator and stuff clear it might make sense to stab a cam then. It will pick up an way 50+hp with boost plus drive better with the stall and tuning over stock.
With a cam and 10lbs I read a lot of 600hp stories.

Tranny life: its an auto so that helps and from a roll I should be ok. From a dig I get it.

I ordered founders LCA,bracket and upper sway bar. and I have new koni yellows all around.
after turbo is in I will look at strano's
Old 10-21-2017, 02:47 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Restall the converter? I know it is not a 3500-4000 like many people on here but its not small and I got it setup for hi power and for street. It definitely is begging for power now, but what would I have to change on it other then a tune?
Any time you add or subtract power your stall speed is going to change. When you originally spec'd your converter did you tell them you were going for 850 hp turbo car? If not then you're going to have to have it restalled.

I meant 800 as ultimate goal, 80/20 planning but my goal is to break 600-675 range HP/TQ to the wheels for the street BUT if I enjoy it and keep it it would be nice to crank 750 down the road.

whole I have the front radiator and stuff clear it might make sense to stab a cam then. It will pick up an way 50+hp with boost plus drive better with the stall and tuning over stock.
With a cam and 10lbs I read a lot of 600hp stories.
A turbo specific cam is definitely going to help you with your goals.

Tranny life: its an auto so that helps and from a roll I should be ok. From a dig I get it.
You're thinking rear end logic. Regardless of when you put the power on a 60E isn't going to live that long at your prospective power levels.

Quick Reply: Huron coming: what’s else should I install while in it?