Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

New BTR CAST INTAKE

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2018, 10:09 AM
TECH Addict

Received 36 Likes on 30 Posts

My interest continues to grow as does my ahem ahem.

Not clear what you mean when you said "However, NA applications have to see a benefit to this switch."

Hope to see something soon.
Old 01-25-2018, 10:12 AM
FormerVendor

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by AnotherWs6
My interest continues to grow as does my ahem ahem.

Not clear what you mean when you said "However, NA applications have to see a benefit to this switch."

Hope to see something soon.

Simply meaning we need this thing to perform VERY WELL for our Naturally Aspirated clients as well. Thats a big portion of testing to come!
Old 01-25-2018, 10:12 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 46 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by Brian Tooley
Logan here...
Just Chiming in-

LS6 intakes are a GREAT piece from the factory. We're going head to head with an LS6, Proflo, MSD, FAST, Holley etc when we test ours. All have really nice pieces in their own right. Some companies will skew and blur results to move product these days. That's the last goal we have in mind. I think the price point of ours will be very enticing, especially if these Stock LS6 intakes keep getting listed for $400+ on facebook sale forums LOL!

Bottom line, in my mind, will be partial performance, partial aesthetics. When the final revisions are done, I expect it to light up an engine bay. Now if someone calls us and says "Do I need to spend xxx.xx on the BTR intake? I already have an LS6." We will respond with brutal honesty. If ours outperforms an LS6 but a client's money is better spent on chassis, fueling, etc, we wont EVER upsell something that compromises a complete vehicle package. If we upsold parts like the drop shippers of the world, we wouldnt have the client base we do. Customer satisfaction and avoiding buyer's remorse are far more valuable than a few bucks in an upsell.

When all the nitrous guys 'splode the ls6's that are left....
Ours will still be here.
This was very well put, and is probably the reason I've yet to hear any bad press about you. Its comments like this that earns business, btw I'm here in Louisville.... so I'm pretty close to you.
The following users liked this post:
tweaver (08-10-2019)
Old 01-25-2018, 10:16 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by Game ova
This was very well put, and is probably the reason I've yet to hear any bad press about you. Its comments like this that earns business, btw I'm here in Louisville.... so I'm pretty close to you.
Logan Here -

Much appreciated brother. We have our share of naysayers, but we treat them the same as our friends and clients. This industry is too small to treat people like crap. As my grandfather said "You meet the same people on the way up, that you'll see if you're on the way down." Brian's mantra is about building a community, not a cult.

Swing by the shop sometime also. We're only a short drive! Working on open house/track day for the season. We'll keep you posted.
Old 01-25-2018, 10:44 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by Brian Tooley
ALSO-

We've begun testing this against intakes in a boosted 1200hp application. So far, we're very confident it will be a great piece for the community. However, NA applications have to see a benefit to this switch. We wont release it without an immense amount of due diligence in regards to testing. Stay tuned!
Can't wait to hear how this intake performs under N/A. Seems like it'll be great for the forced induction guys/gals, but the design looks like it'll be completely different than anyone is currently running. Most curious to how the BTR intake responds to cruise/low air flow situations for big cam N/A motors.

Nice to see some new blood being pumped into the LS motors!!
Old 01-25-2018, 12:33 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by neblackshirts
Can't wait to hear how this intake performs under N/A. Seems like it'll be great for the forced induction guys/gals, but the design looks like it'll be completely different than anyone is currently running. Most curious to how the BTR intake responds to cruise/low air flow situations for big cam N/A motors.

Nice to see some new blood being pumped into the LS motors!!
Doing our best to eliminate intake air reversion in the plenum. Should do wonders for those situations. We'll keep you posted!
Old 01-25-2018, 01:06 PM
TECH Apprentice

Any clearance issues with the ls1 water pump running a 102 throttle body on this intake?
Old 01-25-2018, 02:06 PM
9 Second Club

Received 179 Likes on 154 Posts

Originally Posted by coltboostin
Someone did a low P Dual Plenum LS intake decades ago?

I get that the tech has been out since the 70's, but no one has made a production piece for the LS before Ron that I have seen. His **** is taking off, and now a big name company comes out with one?

Can anyone show evidence of a mass production Dual Plenum existing before Ron's?
Where did I say they made a LS intake ? Dual plenum is simply a type of design that has been around for decades...just because someone is applying it to a different engine doesnt suddenly make it new and unique to them as if they are the owners of it.

And you could equally say that Shearer is just copying Zac after he did his a year or two ago.

And a custom fabricated piece is hardly "mass produced"....

Shearers piece is of course very very nice...but still very very tall. So a very different market to what BTR would be aiming for as his looks to retain quite a low profile.
Old 01-25-2018, 02:47 PM
FormerVendor

The following users liked this post:
phenixws6 (06-27-2019)
Old 01-25-2018, 05:03 PM
TECH Resident

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I think its great what your doing for the community Brian. Thank you for your efforts. The people that provide nothing for the community are the ones that talk smack...too common of a trend
Old 01-25-2018, 09:28 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm excited that us LS3 guys might actually have in intake that will show good gains over the stock intake. Now I just hope it will fit the C6 Vettes.
Old 01-25-2018, 10:36 PM
10 Second Club

Received 412 Likes on 330 Posts

There are intakes out there for the ls3 with good gains. You just have to be willing to cam it to spin to 7500
Old 02-09-2018, 08:44 AM
TECH Apprentice

Hey Logan, any new updates or Friday teasers to share?? I'm pretty sure that if all goes well with your testing my FAST 102 will be off and this new BTR intake will be taking it's place!!

Keep us posted!!
Old 02-09-2018, 08:46 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by neblackshirts
Hey Logan, any new updates or Friday teasers to share?? I'm pretty sure that if all goes well with your testing my FAST 102 will be off and this new BTR intake will be taking it's place!!

Keep us posted!!

Not yet!

(the first revised casting with updates is in prep phase)
Old 02-09-2018, 08:50 AM
TECH Addict

Received 36 Likes on 30 Posts

Make this process go faster!!
Old 02-09-2018, 08:52 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by AnotherWs6
Make this process go faster!!

Old 02-09-2018, 09:59 AM
TECH Addict

F Body

Old 02-09-2018, 03:35 PM
10 Second Club

Received 412 Likes on 330 Posts

Awesome! Looks good on there.

I like that the tb is in the oe spot. It will work with my carbon air box like that.
Old 02-13-2018, 05:52 PM
TECH Fanatic

Any projection of cost?
Old 02-14-2018, 12:07 PM
11 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Badass.

Quick Reply: New BTR CAST INTAKE