Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Racetronix Fan harness

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2018, 06:59 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Racetronix Fan harness

Hey all. I just bought the racetronix fan harness for my derale pusher fans, as I was reading a bunch of stuff about people melting their derale harnesses. The Racetronix kit doesnt come with any instructions but most of the ends are labeled and it is pretty self explanatory. Theres only one part of the harness that isnt labeled and I assume its for signal. Can someone who has this harness tell me what this part of the harness is for and where did you hook up to? Ive attached a picture with a circle around the part of the harness Im talking about. Thanks
Old 07-08-2018, 09:24 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Nobody?
Old 07-09-2018, 09:51 AM
11 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I found this at random when looking around on youtube. He talks about tapping into the factory fan control at the 31:40 mark towards the end of the video. Not sure if he's a user on here, but I'm in the same boat and would like to talk to him about it.

Old 07-09-2018, 10:17 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 79 Likes on 70 Posts

Signal goes to the original turn on leads in the factory fusebox behind the headlights. Basically flip the fuse block over, find your two signal wires coming from the pcm, like green and blue or something, clip and hook them to the racetronix harness.
Old 07-09-2018, 10:21 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by silversrtman
Hey all. I just bought the racetronix fan harness for my derale pusher fans, as I was reading a bunch of stuff about people melting their derale harnesses. The Racetronix kit doesnt come with any instructions but most of the ends are labeled and it is pretty self explanatory. Theres only one part of the harness that isnt labeled and I assume its for signal. Can someone who has this harness tell me what this part of the harness is for and where did you hook up to? Ive attached a picture with a circle around the part of the harness Im talking about. Thanks
http://racetronix.com/sales-supportpolicies/support/

Manufacturer / Distributor of Automotive Fuel Systems, Components & Electronics

Please support a Racetronix dealer near you for personalized service.

>WEB SITE<
Old 07-09-2018, 01:46 PM
TECH Senior Member

And pretty sure the one i installed had instructions.
Old 07-09-2018, 01:50 PM
11 Second Club

No instructions in mine either.
Old 07-09-2018, 10:21 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Photochop
I found this at random when looking around on youtube. He talks about tapping into the factory fan control at the 31:40 mark towards the end of the video. Not sure if he's a user on here, but I'm in the same boat and would like to talk to him about it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9LaA5DQxjJE
thanks I’ll check that out

Originally Posted by 01ssreda4
Signal goes to the original turn on leads in the factory fusebox behind the headlights. Basically flip the fuse block over, find your two signal wires coming from the pcm, like green and blue or something, clip and hook them to the racetronix harness.
yeah I looked up the schematic and I saw those ttwo wires to tap into thank you.

going to make an account right now thanks!
Old 07-09-2018, 10:47 PM
11 Second Club

Please report back your findings, or take some pics of what you tap into/how you wire it if you don't mind. -Thanks
Old 07-10-2018, 06:38 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Photochop
Please report back your findings, or take some pics of what you tap into/how you wire it if you don't mind. -Thanks
will do...probably tonight
Old 07-10-2018, 11:35 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 99 Likes on 80 Posts

No complaints about the products you mfg and sell. I have purchased hundreds of dollars of your products.

However, your link to register to get access to your forum and instructions for products you sell is moot if someone won't give you access after registering.

I have tried for months with several emails asking for someone to give me access - still nothing or any response other than an electronic message which isn't helpful.

I also voiced the request on the vendor forum as well with no response.

One of last messages from Racetronix.

If you are still having problems signing up please contact a member of our support staff at webmaster@racetronix.com

This was the response from that address.

This e-mail account is to report technical difficulties with our web site only. The webmaster doesn't provide technical support for Racetronix products. Technical support is provided to REGISTERED users on our support forum only If you have already registered and verified your e-mail please wait for an admin to authorize your access. You will not be able to browse the forum until such time. Users must post their problem in the appropriate forum section so a tech may work with you to resolve the issue and if required authorize warranty. Please do not try to bypass our support system. Racetronix order and sales dept do not provide technical support and are not authorized to provide warranty service / replacements.

Old 07-10-2018, 01:06 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by dlandsvZ28
No complaints about the products you mfg and sell. I have purchased hundreds of dollars of your products.

However, your link to register to get access to your forum and instructions for products you sell is moot if someone won't give you access after registering.

I have tried for months with several emails asking for someone to give me access - still nothing or any response other than an electronic message which isn't helpful.

I also voiced the request on the vendor forum as well with no response.

One of last messages from Racetronix.

If you are still having problems signing up please contact a member of our support staff at webmaster@racetronix.com

This was the response from that address.

This e-mail account is to report technical difficulties with our web site only. The webmaster doesn't provide technical support for Racetronix products. Technical support is provided to REGISTERED users on our support forum only If you have already registered and verified your e-mail please wait for an admin to authorize your access. You will not be able to browse the forum until such time. Users must post their problem in the appropriate forum section so a tech may work with you to resolve the issue and if required authorize warranty. Please do not try to bypass our support system. Racetronix order and sales dept do not provide technical support and are not authorized to provide warranty service / replacements.
Access is only granted if your purchase can be verified. We highly recommend that you use the same info you used in our web store and valid product codes.
We get 100's of spammers trying to infiltrate and make a mess of our forum so these measures must be taken to keep them off.
E-mail sales@racetronix.com with the e-mail address you used to register on our forum and we will have someone look into your status.
Tnx.

Manufacturer / Distributor of Automotive Fuel Systems, Components & Electronics

Please support a Racetronix dealer near you for personalized service.

>WEB SITE<
Old 07-10-2018, 02:48 PM
11 Second Club

Or just ensure that every package that is application specific that leaves your facility includes instructions. For as high quality/high dollar your products are, to not include them is well...cheap.
Old 07-13-2018, 07:38 PM
TECH Enthusiast

To the OP, did this work out for you? I made a similar thread, not knowing what to do with the trigger wires. Now that I see this thread, I’ll delete mine lol. I’ve been disappointed with Racetronix’s Customer support, but it is what it is.

Originally Posted by 01ssreda4
When you mention the blue and green wires, are these coming from two different fan relays? I have an LT1, so not sure that wire coloring will be the same, I just wanna make sure I splice to the correct wires.
Old 07-14-2018, 10:34 AM
TECH Senior Member

the blue and green are the triggers coming from the PCM to two different fan relays yes!
Old 07-14-2018, 11:45 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Thanks man! I ended up using 86 from 2 different fan relays (2&3). Will test it all later today.
Old 07-15-2018, 12:05 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Well, it worked out for me. I think there’s a number of us who don’t receive the I nstruction manuals and the one item people don’t know what to do with is that “trigger” connection. Thanks again for clarifying 01ssreda4.

Quick Reply: Racetronix Fan harness