griffin 1-55241-XLS3

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2018, 08:58 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default griffin 1-55241-XLS3

Have a turbo LS1 TransAm
A few questions

It has the same dimensions as what I see everyone using so I'm sure it will fit in the core support but
It has the steam fitting already just different location from stock this is no issue right?
Second what is the port on the bottom left of this radiator? Stock doesn't have one there and I'm not sure what it's for to be honest
Old 07-12-2018, 05:26 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 99 Likes on 80 Posts

IMO I would try to find one that is fbody specific. The driver side hose connection looks high and doesn't appear to have a post on passenger side to hold radiator in place. Of course you can always weld a post on but that's added expense.

First thought was that the outlet was for the in tank transmission cooler, but specs say doesn't have one.

So looks like it's for the drain plug but on driver side rather than passenger side.

http://www.griffinrad.com/load_detai...ge&model=Racer
Old 07-12-2018, 06:13 PM
TECH Resident

Received 62 Likes on 54 Posts

That bottom left was is the drain petcock location. You will be in business. The only pain for me doing the dual pass version of that one is the hoses. I need to go read the monster thread on stand up the radiator. Been side tracked and procrastinating,

Quick Reply: griffin 1-55241-XLS3