Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Anyone have a side by side of an F-1a and F-1a 94?

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2018, 09:08 AM
9 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Default Anyone have a side by side of an F-1a and F-1a 94?

I’m debating switching from nitrous to a Procharger. My car runs really good on the bottle and I think I’ll probably need to make 900+ for it to be as fast as it is now on the bottle. Seems like that’s not a given with an F-1. I also want to keep my 416. However I’m not interested is doing a bunch of fabrication to get it to fit while retaining all my comforts (A/C etc) and from what I’m reading it sounds like the 94 isn’t a direct fit and requires moving the radiator and condenser.
Old 08-10-2018, 06:28 PM
TECH Resident

Received 62 Likes on 54 Posts

They are the same dimensions. The F1C is a step up in thickness which is what the pain is with the air filter. I had everything and a F1C but moved the radiator to the AC slot on the bottom and put in an aftermarket condenser. I'd go with the F1A-94 0n your engine but being a nitrous engine you need to watch the compression or consider an E85 tune since you are going to be buying new injectors anyway.
Old 08-10-2018, 07:40 PM
9 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Yes I’d be changing my setup a bit if I do it. Not sure if I want to do a head swap or pull the motor and swap pistons. Wouldn’t hurt to have a look at everything in there anyways. Right now I’m just having the internal battle of knowing my combo works and it’s going to cost me 15k to not go any faster, and my desire for a centrifugal car. Which has been amplified now that my dads got a Procharged C6Z. But with the added weight and loss of the instant torque from the bottle I know it’s going to need to make some decent power.