Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

TBSS/NNBS factory return style fuel rails

Search this Thread

Old 12-25-2018, 12:40 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 45 Likes on 37 Posts
Default TBSS/NNBS factory return style fuel rails

Hey guys i found this very interesting so figured id post it up. I swapped on a tbss style intake and rails from a nnbs truck. As you can see I used 2 driver side rails and flipped 1 backwards. This way I have 2 ports 1 on each rail. IIRC I first noticed the rails bolted together on 3windows car or a car he posted a pic of.

Here is my TBSS intake swapped on. I used the ictbillet tb adapter plate.

Here is the driver side rail. Nothing special here except the ebay quick connect to 8an adapter.

And here is the magic, driver side rail turnt backwards. Same quick connect to 8an adapter then to the regulator.

If you look close at the crossover you can see it is bolted together like the gen3 truck rails. NOT ALL NNBS FUEL RAILS ARE MADE THIS WAY! From my research I have only seen this style rails on 07 and 08. There maybe other years also, but I believe that's the first years of this intake??

Anyway I hope this will help someone out, it was my major hurdle doing the swap because I didn't want to deadhead my rails, although people make a lot more power than I do like that. I just wanted an efficient fuel system.
Old 12-25-2018, 12:53 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 526 Likes on 356 Posts

thats super clever man! nice work! how are those 1000cc ford injectors working out?
Old 12-25-2018, 12:54 PM
TECH Senior Member

also lets take a sec and have a look at that cable conversion bracket
Old 12-25-2018, 12:58 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by truckdoug
thats super clever man! nice work! how are those 1000cc ford injectors working out?
Havent had the first issue with them. Have ran 2 different sets so far and they've been good. Will be shipping a set to a guy on here tomorrow and he is supposed to get them flowed by Eric. I cannot wait to get some more data on them, especially the dynamic flow. They may be complete trash but we will see.
Old 12-25-2018, 01:01 PM
TECH Enthusiast

also lets take a sec and have a look at that cable conversion bracket
the cable holder bracket thing? I am not at my truck now but will get a good pic tomorrow. It is the stock gm piece with a Ford piece welded to it. It even has the Ford stamp on it lol
Old 12-26-2018, 01:06 AM
Launching!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Clean implementation using the two left side fuel rails and that DIY cable throttle bracket.

Nice to see that there are factory based parts swap solutions out there to convert these tbss / nnbs intakes from a deadhead style to a return style system.

That individual drivers side fuel rail is part number 12592187.

er: 12592187

Last edited by topbrent; 12-27-2018 at 01:36 AM.
Old 12-27-2018, 10:07 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1,388 Likes on 877 Posts

Please replace the AN adapter on your rail that has the plastic white clip, before it burns your **** down to the ground. Both Earls and Russell make adapters with better retention methods.

Andrew
Old 12-27-2018, 10:29 AM
Restricted User

Received 104 Likes on 87 Posts

You can use the stock gen 3 plastic return rails with the gen 4 rail crossover
You'll just have clip/drill the rail mounting tabs to fit the gen 4 truck intake.
Old 12-27-2018, 12:15 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by topbrent
Clean implementation using the two left side fuel rails and that DIY cable throttle bracket.

Nice to see that there are factory based parts swap solutions out there to convert these tbss / nnbs intakes from a deadhead style to a return style system.

That individual drivers side fuel rail is part number 12592187.

er: 12592187
that part number seems to be discontinued, maybe they just changed the part #. But with the newer 1 piece rails I'd bet that is the replacement.

Here is my modified bracket, basically just cut down the stock gm 1 and added the extra piece. Burned them together, smooth it down and painted it.
IIRC the extra piece came off a Ford dipstick tube, I like to use what I have lol
Old 12-27-2018, 02:23 PM
TECH Senior Member

that's pretty clean! I'm gonna see if i can eliminate the crossover tube and use two left rails with an ls6 intake on my new turbo project

maybe I'll hit you up for some of those ford decaps. there are like zero ford 5.4's in the junkyards here
Old 12-27-2018, 02:53 PM
TECH Enthusiast

that's pretty clean! I'm gonna see if i can eliminate the crossover tube and use two left rails with an ls6 intake on my new turbo project

maybe I'll hit you up for some of those ford decaps. there are like zero ford 5.4's in the junkyards here
I've got at least 2 set I haven't decapped yet so just PM me. Be glad to send you a set