Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Magnuson belt drive questions

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2019, 07:54 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Magnuson belt drive questions

Got my TVS1900 in the mail yesterday and it was missing a few small pieces I expected(bought used). Does anyone know the correct belt length for these units? GTO accessories and a 3" upper pulley. I have looked quite a bit on Magnusons site and superchargersonline, but they just reference a 6-rib application belt. I'd prefer to go to a Gates green belt if I can so I just need to find the correct length.

Also, my kit did not come with a tensioner. From the looks of some of this stuff, they just use a factory style tensioner on their 6 rib setup, with an adapter bracket, can anyone confirm this? I have a newer tensioner on my motor already, so if I can just use their bracket that will save me $100.

Thanks
Old 01-30-2019, 08:11 AM
Staging Lane

I think I found my answer on the belt in another forum, ordering a K061000HD Gates belt for that, but I am still curious about the tensioner.
Old 02-01-2019, 03:42 PM
Teching In

Awesome, I am looking to put a maggie on my GTO as well. Where did you end buying it from?
Old 02-04-2019, 08:26 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by radron26
Awesome, I am looking to put a maggie on my GTO as well. Where did you end buying it from?
I bought it from an individual. It had been on an LS2 GTO that lost the shortblock(Don't know why).