Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

LS Turbo Vband High Velocity Headers

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2019, 05:46 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default LS Turbo Vband High Velocity Headers

These look like they would be excellent for high velocity. Pity they don't have 1/2" flangers, anyone used these and can vouch for their quality (or not)?

Amazon Amazon

I run full length race 4 into 1 headers with 3" merge collectors on a remote mount twin set up and am losing velocity. I'm thinking of going to something like this then stepping down to 2 x 2.25" to the turbos - fully insulated/wrapped to get velocity up and keep heat in. I'm only seeing 2psi at 2750rpm on mega responsive Batmowheel 252 turbos. I'd like to get the speed up then step up to something between twin 62's and 66's run less boost but make more power and would like to see 5psi by 2750rpm - or at least by 3k on the larger turbos.
Old 03-25-2019, 05:48 PM
TECH Apprentice

Here is a pic to save hitting the Amazon link. They're cheap and I wonder if I'd be better off copying the design and using 1/2" flange and iconel as I want to road race
Old 03-26-2019, 09:25 AM
TECH Regular

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

I like them cause they are similar to the stock manifold, but then again for that price i might as well grab stock manifold and vband them. i mean they are for those that cant fab it up or just rather not or perhaps just for looks? i mean at least they retain the factory spark plug for what i can see?
Old 03-26-2019, 09:02 PM
TECH Apprentice

Agreed, though I think the price is pretty sharp IF they're as well made as they appear. I like the way each runner flows to minimize turbulence and improve velocity.
Old 03-29-2019, 06:48 PM
9 Second Club

Received 178 Likes on 154 Posts

They look really cheap and poor quality ?

Why not the likes of Huron's ? They look much better made ?
Old 03-30-2019, 09:32 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by stevieturbo
They look really cheap and poor quality ?

Why not the likes of Huron's ? They look much better made ?
Yeah, agreed, will get my own made. The Hurons look better made but change direction too abruptly and that will hurt velocity. I think these ones have a great basic design, they just need to be made really well. I know my 4 into 1 long tubes are hurting spool up.
Old 03-31-2019, 03:30 AM
9 Second Club

Really for a log style etc etc....it is simply hard to beat factory cast manifolds, or the likes of the Holley Hookers etc.

Cheap, cheerful and they work.
Old 03-31-2019, 02:38 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by stevieturbo
Really for a log style etc etc....it is simply hard to beat factory cast manifolds, or the likes of the Holley Hookers etc.

Cheap, cheerful and they work.
Stop making sense, we all know it looks boring to see stock manifolds under the hood and love to see individual primaries come out from each port.... or maybe that's just me lol

I've been fighting that logical solution but at the end of the day, LS9 or LSA manifolds were designed to flow power and last years under pressure,,,, I can hide them
Old 03-31-2019, 03:57 PM
9 Second Club

Yea, nice manifolds do look good....I wouldnt say those cheap ones look particularly nice though lol.

The Hooker headers are pretty neat, and also symmetrical if that helps. But with the wide range of OEM manifolds out there, there has to be something to suit and no doubt every single one of them has been used to turbo at some point.
Which in itself is pretty impressive.